PS4 setups for gold achievements - Special Events

• Thread starter Onepueblo
  • 54 comments
Some of the events are impossible on the PS4... they must have been possible once as @WhoosierGirl has platinum and 100%, but I suspect after numerous tyre and physics changes, the times/races just aren't daobale anymore.

A few I can think of off the top of my head...

1. Lotus race at Imola - lead AI are 211's and run c.3s a lap faster
2. R8 road car race at Barcelona - AI have faster cars, and the R8 has zero front end grip
3. R8 road car at Spa - same as above, though I have this one on Hard by short cutting Eau Rouge (no penalties)
4. M3 hotlap event at Nurburgring - simply impossible

Frustrating for trophy hunting!

Agreed. I have my platinum trophies for GT5, GT6, PCARS and Dirt Rally so I do not think I am a complete mug and apparently have a half a clue at least of how to drive. I have given up on AC as some events are just too hard :-(

Having said that I do have the all Gold Drift trophy so its only the other special vents to do.

Some events on Alien I got first or second attempt and found them ridiculously easy while other just have me stumped at bronze :-(

I was considering starting a thread all about the Platinum Trophy achievements to see if we could pool our resources. Any thoughts on this?

It's not the most sporting way and I wish I figured out how months ago so i didn't waste so much time on it but, it's doable still.

20170321_223102.jpg

Agreed. I have my platinum trophies for GT5, GT6, PCARS and Dirt Rally so I do not think I am a complete mug and apparently have a half a clue at least of how to drive. I have given up on AC as some events are just too hard :-(

Having said that I do have the all Gold Drift trophy so its only the other special vents to do.

Some events on Alien I got first or second attempt and found them ridiculously easy while other just have me stumped at bronze :-(

I was considering starting a thread all about the Platinum Trophy achievements to see if we could pool our resources. Any thoughts on this?

@WhoosierGirl is the one to ask... she's the only person I know who has all golds in the events and platinum.

It's not the most sporting way and I wish I figured out how months ago so i didn't waste so much time on it but, it's doable still.

View attachment 635766

OK then I'm with Stotty "How did you do it?" Also what set up did you use on the BM and what assists were on?

I had another go at this today, just for old time sake and it was raining outside so fishing was out ;-)

I can finish second but I always leave a slightly too big a gap somewhere and let one of the fast cars through. I am lapping at 1:59s and the GT2 car is doing 1:56 :-( I know I can't go 3s a lap faster in this car. Also I am using one of Zakspeed's tunes so I can't go wrong there either ;-)

I also finished all the time trials off today with Golds. Easy once you work the trick out ;-) So I figure there must be something I am missing in the Hot Laps and Sprint Races. So I would be grateful for any tips.

As far as I know there are no tricks to any of the Hot Laps or Drift events, you just have to be fast enough with the hot laps and keep your concentration long enough on the drift events. The Time Attack is just using the start slow and build up speed trick.

During the updates some of the Race events times have been adjusted to meet the new tire models, most of them nowhere near enough. I had the Race Events finish with Gold back in October and I don't remember this event being that difficult. I did the event last night on my spare PS4 and the event is beatable, the two fast cars start near you in the rear and you can get clear of them for a few laps and then block like crazy. I then switched to my updated version and you can run 1:55's and the AI will go down to 1:50's, there is no beating them legitimately anymore, IMO.

So I used a trick I figured out last week by accident while finishing the boring extreme races.

Just park in front of the AI, :eek: get in front of as many as you can the first lap and try to get them all before they finish 5 laps. Once they are gone you can just finish your remaining laps.

Here is the idea. The AI in this career race just sit there, in the lotus race they are very aggressive trying not to be stopped and you have to try harder to get them out.

As far as I know there are no tricks to any of the Hot Laps or Drift events, you just have to be fast enough with the hot laps and keep your concentration long enough on the drift events. The Time Attack is just using the start slow and build up speed trick.

During the updates some of the Race events times have been adjusted to meet the new tire models, most of them nowhere near enough. I had the Race Events finish with Gold back in October and I don't remember this event being that difficult. I did the event last night on my spare PS4 and the event is beatable, the two fast cars start near you in the rear and you can get clear of them for a few laps and then block like crazy. I then switched to my updated version and you can run 1:55's and the AI will go down to 1:50's, there is no beating them legitimately anymore, IMO.

So I used a trick I figured out last week by accident while finishing the boring extreme races.

Just park in front of the AI, :eek: get in front of as many as you can the first lap and try to get them all before they finish 5 laps. Once they are gone you can just finish your remaining laps.

Here is the idea. The AI in this career race just sit there, in the lotus race they are very aggressive trying not to be stopped and you have to try harder to get them out.

:eek: You're naughty!!!

;)

OK then I'm with Stotty "How did you do it?" Also what set up did you use on the BM and what assists were on?

I had another go at this today, just for old time sake and it was raining outside so fishing was out ;-)

I can finish second but I always leave a slightly too big a gap somewhere and let one of the fast cars through. I am lapping at 1:59s and the GT2 car is doing 1:56 :-( I know I can't go 3s a lap faster in this car. Also I am using one of Zakspeed's tunes so I can't go wrong there either ;-)

I also finished all the time trials off today with Golds. Easy once you work the trick out ;-) So I figure there must be something I am missing in the Hot Laps and Sprint Races. So I would be grateful for any tips.

For the Z4 GT3 race, just start from the pit lane. I can send you settings I used if you like. I was running low/mid 58's, but my AI will run 55's, so they still catch up fairly quickly. But they made no attempt to pass me as long as I stuck to the racing line and got a decent/clean exit from every corner.

What's the trick on TT golds???????

the two fast cars start near you in the rear and you can get clear of them for a few laps and then block like crazy. I then switched to my updated version and you can run 1:55's and the AI will go down to 1:50's, there is no beating them legitimately anymore, IMO.

This is the Lotus race?

Yes, I probably have the times wrong (lots of thoughts, blonde hair = bad combo). The AI just kept going faster if I did, I think it was 1:58, 2:02ish lap times now that I think about it.

Phew! Best I'd done was a high 2'01... so had a bit of a WTF moment when you said 58's :lol:

I'll try the blocking move... and particular corner it works best on? I'd guess the tight chicane.

Phew! Best I'd done was a high 2'01... so had a bit of a WTF moment when you said 58's :lol:

I'll try the blocking move... and particular corner it works best on? I'd guess the tight chicane.

First lap on the hairpin left I got 5 and then waited at the chicane and got a few more when they came back around. I just drove around and waited till the rest caught me and picked them off, had them all before they got to lap 4.

Your going to laugh when you get it figured out, lol.

What's the trick on TT golds???????

I used standard cars, no set ups, all assists off except factory. I started at the very beginning of special events and did them in sequence. So I was surprised at how few you actually need to do before the trophy pops. It only applies to original cars in the games so *NO* add on cars or car packs.

The trick is to start slow and slowly build up. At no time did I get anywhere near to actually doing a fast lap or trying hard. The hardest thing is trying to drive soooo sloooow at the beginning.

If you are too slow the game will start to penalise you for being slow, so cancel and restart event.

Ignore lap times and splits.

Tracks have either 2 or 3 timed sections

Only look at the top countdown timer.

Beat this timer at the start by about 10 seconds and then every lap after by 4-6 seconds for the highest score.

Note: first few laps you get very low miserable points so you think it will take forever. In reality it is only the first few and then beating the timer by 4-6 secs you get about 800 points per sector. So most tracks are about 4-6 laps and I got it done first time every time except for a couple of restarts. They were in the Exos and the Tatuus and you need to beat the first timers by about 20 seconds or you you get pinged. If you go too slow and need to hurry up to make the timer even beating it by 0.1 secs still keeps you in the game but you don't get many points. Also if you brake before the end of a sector the game knows and will ping you. Funny thing is at Imola the end of a sector is in the braking zone for the top chicane so go figure ;-)

I hope this helps. Anything else you want to know just ask.

I can't wait to try some of WhoosierGirl 's tips.

Ah, that's the count down events... haven't run any of them yet... thought you had a trick for the hotlaps!

Anyhow, I'm down to just 5 hotlaps left (rest gold)

1. R8 at Silverstone (within .5, so will get this one)
2. M4 at Nurburgring GP (only bronze - I think this one is impossible on PS4)
3. GT40 at Monza (I'm miles off this one, and don't know where the time is)
4. MP12GT3 at Barcelona (I have the other MP12 events, but can't stop the left rear over heating at Barca)
5. Toyota 'under 9' (just need to spend some time on this one - not really enjoyable for me)

Off to the US for a week tomorrow, so they will have to wait for now.

Thanks for all the tips guys and gals.
Slowly working my way through them.

I'd like to put out friend requests on PS4 for those that frequent Assetto, in light of the upcoming private lobbies.
Anyone interested, shoot me an invite.
Solid, clean racer.

First lap on the hairpin left I got 5 and then waited at the chicane and got a few more when they came back around. I just drove around and waited till the rest caught me and picked them off, had them all before they got to lap 4.

Your going to laugh when you get it figured out, lol.

Yes, I am laughing, this is hilarious :-)) I had trouble with the Lotus event at Imola, the AI would just scream around and smash me off the track every time, sometimes cartwheeling me into the walls on the outside of the track.

So the trick is with *ALL* the events is to pick up the bunch and get them to slow right down and then block them at a tight section. You may even need to go into reverse to completely trap the first car.

Note: The AI cannot use reverse gear and are restricted by their steering lock to get around you. They will sometimes do massive burnouts in tandem to try and push you out of the way but once they realise they can't do this they give up and retire. But be aware they can succeed especially in a small car like the Lotus.

I should point out that I had already done about half the events legitimately anyway so it was just these last few that I had trouble with or I considered too boring.

Again, thanks for the tip it has actually made these events enjoyable ;-)

XXI
Thanks for all the tips guys and gals.
Slowly working my way through them.

I'd like to put out friend requests on PS4 for those that frequent Assetto, in light of the upcoming private lobbies.
Anyone interested, shoot me an invite.
Solid, clean racer.

I'm stotty67, feel free to add 👍

Oh my God, did I just spot Pinky Girl from GT6???? I remember she used to dominate in the seasonal threads in GT6 subforum. She even beat one man (pretty fast semi-alien guys) who was very jealous of her skill in his face. Are you the one?? And you again beating all these semi-aliens on Assetto Corsa. You have proven yourself faster than many here again.

Haha, my point wasn't meant to provoke any competition. I'm very glad that people seem very civil here. I'm so glad that there is no drama of men being jealous of her skill like back in GT6 sub-forum.

Thanks for some tips everyone,had fun doing the magic act,but as for the others i am just way too crap for now and boy its hard with the pad steering thingy but i will keep pushing...Cheers Norm

Latest Posts

Back