PS4 [PS4] T100 settings

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by Drive_with_me, May 7, 2015.

1. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

Hi dear racers.
    I just can't set the wheel properly. Do someone have good settings for this wheel? I can't drive most of the cars, I'm feeling like they are too heavy, and turning is very slow and laggy.
    Would love to see settings in main menu, and in car setup.

Later edit:
    Best settings for T100 are posted by Zenzic below.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  2. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

Have you got the rotation set up correctly? Did you calibrate the wheel? Remember its only a 270 degree wheel.

3. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

Yeah it's calibrated well, I guess it's all about proper setup in configuration (I mean FF and other sliders).

4. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

Let me know how you get on as I have the T100 too and I'll need to set it up once the game arrives.

5. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

OK, so it will be two of us :)

Crisis Nine likes this.
  6. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

Alrigth, so I've set the wheel, and I think it's great (or just way better than default). I was reading many topics with settings for T300 and set the same as:

It feels great in many cars, less understeer than default. For karts try to change master scale parameter to 50-70 as you like.

Thanks to paulpg87 and graveltrap for the numbers. You can press the F button on the wheel if You want more agressive FFB (red light will be blinking)

Miths and Crisis Nine like this.
  7. Zenzic

Zenzic

I'm using a T100 on PS4 as well. Spent two hours yesterday messing around with settings and found something I'm mediocrely happy with. Will spend some more time with it tonight and post here.

8. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

That's great, will compare them to mine.

9. graveltrap

graveltrap

My bad, I miss read the thread title, I'm using a 300...Hold on this is a different thread :confused:

I guess the info I posted is still applicable in some way!

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  10. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

Isn't the blinking red light just showing the wheel is in auto centering mode? That just tries to auto centre the wheel and is only recommended for games where FFB isn't accurately modeled. You should be getting much better results with the light on constant red.

11. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

Yes it is, but it does nothing, only adds more FFB strength. It's like 30-40% more FFB effect.

12. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

I used it on DriveClub a few times and it just made the wheel really stiff. Made driving easier but it wasn't great at giving feedback on what the car was about to do.

13. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

Yes in Driveclub it was very stiff, too much I would say. At project Cars it feels very good, stiffer than constant but playable. Have You tried settings that I posted? Or You're still waiting for game to arrive?

14. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

Its been delivered now but I'm still at work so I'll give it a go over the weekend and let you know. Thanks for the settings though!

15. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

No prob, they're not perfect but still better than default :) Let's make some good tweaks together.

Crisis Nine likes this.
  16. Miths

Miths

Does anyone get a fairly loud clicking sound very frequently when turning the wheel past ~15-20 degrees to either side? Started on mine - unless I turn FFB extremely low - after just a few hours of use, and it's annoying as hell.

Indication of a production fault, or just because it's a cheap wheel made of low quality materials?
    So far I have hesitated to bring it back to the shop as my idea of a fun afternoon doesn't include lugging a wheel around in a taxi and trying to tell the shop keeper, who barely spoke English (I'm an expat), that something may or may not be wrong with my T100.

Right now the clicking - and the limb and sluggish FFB feel (my past wheel experiences include the Driving Force Pro and G25) - is actually pushing me towards just using the DS4 controller instead (which works very well in this game after some adjustments).

17. Miths

Miths

So it turns out I managed to use the wheel with Driveclub for two weeks without ever actually trying to press that F button. I thought the blinking red light was because the wheel is only partially compatible with the PS4 (no dashboard use).
    Pressing it now and getting a fixed red light instantly made for a much better experince, particularly with some of the individual car FFB settings that Drive_with_me quoted further up.

Turning off that centering spring also mostly fixed the clicking problem. Still happens during some turns when the forces are strong, but not nearly as frequently now.

Crisis Nine likes this.
  18. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

Is that not clipping? How is looking Your upper left diag in telemetric when turning? You can post screenshot.

19. Miths

Miths

I'll take a look tomorrow, I've packed my wheel away for tonight.

The clicking can happen even with very modest steering force (I meant strong as in comparatively in my last post). If I crank the tire force up to 150 for instance, as suggested - with the main FFB strength at 70 - the wheel is clicking again in most turns.

20. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

I'm preety sure it's clipping. This will be seen on graph like big L letters when turning.

Miths likes this.
  21. alexxoux

alexxoux

I m using the following settings

Calibrate the wheel
    steering dead zone 0 or 5
    steering sensitivity 80 0r 85
    tire force 185

Its not perfect but its better than the default

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  22. alexxoux

alexxoux

For karts deadzone 10
    sensitivity 50

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  23. Miths

Miths

Nothing unusual in the graph when the clicks happen, so I guess it might be a defect or quirk in the wheel. Doesn't happen too often at modest FFB settings - typically once or twice per lap on a GP length track - so I think I'll just live with it.
    After adjusting the FFB settings for individual cars (so far just broadly the same settings for all) I'm actually fairly satisfied with the liveliness of the FFB. Just had a few laps in the Caterham Superlight and you can really feel it move around.

24. Zenzic

Zenzic

I'm happy with my settings now. Sure took its time. :)

Screenshots can be found here.

Drive_with_me and Crisis Nine like this.
  25. Drive_with_me

Drive_with_me

OK, so I've tested many many many settings, and best feeeling is on Zenzic setup. If you want to feel more FFB effect, just adjust main scale to 80-110 in car tune menu before race, and for karts you should lower steering sensitivity.

26. Haulin_Hebrew

Haulin_Hebrew

This video is applicable for the Thrustmaster T80 Racing Wheel, plus T100, T300, and T500 Racing Wheels:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  27. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

I'd suggest using the Jack Spades settings. They are mentioned in a thread on this forum along with a stickied thread on the Official PCars forum. They are by far the best settings I've used.

28. amazed

amazed

^^^ What he said...

Crisis Nine likes this.
  29. GTP_Paulossj4

GTP_Paulossj4

Hello everyone . I'm having a problem with the T100 on PS4 : The directional button to the right and down a few times does not work. What could be happening ?

30. Haulin_Hebrew

Haulin_Hebrew

On which game, and when are you having the problem?