PS4: Trophies

• Thread starter TT92
  • 110 comments

TT92

Premium
Australia
WA
TT__777
Note: 11/04/2021 I have edited this first post from the original now that I have the Platinum Trophy. I have put together a bit of a guide here that hopefully will help anyone else attempting this. I have copied this from my post further down the thread to make it easier to find.

ACC Platinum Trophy Guide

For up to and including version 1.6.5.199810 10/04/2021

Let me start off by saying that this is the hardest Platinum Trophy I have ever achieved in a racing game ……. Ever!

So for anyone wanting to give it a go, here is some very important information to bear in mind.

If you think you are too slow, all you have to be is 2.5sec faster than the AI in career on easy and you will get the goals. (5 secs at Spa)

Here is THE most important tip. This game has more crashes than a demolition derby so it is vital to continually save and back up to USB. The game usually crashes just as you finish an event or go to exit to the next one so if you don’t diligently back up every time before an event (or practice/qualifying session) ends you WILL get caught and lose hours of hard work. Example: long career Spa 24hr race is 12hr in real time. It crashed on me half way through so I would suggest doing a save to USB every other pit stop or every couple of hours at least.

The career has a few test sessions that range from easy to almost impossible if you don’t know what the goals are. Once you know what is expected you can work towards them.

Usually all you have to be is quicker than the AI and you get through but there are 3 events where you must beat a time.

First is: Brands Hatch Wet Test. The goal here is to do 7 (clean!) laps in about 10minutes. I have achieved Gold with the slowest at 10:12 on one play through.

Tip: don’t be slow out of the pits at the start, there are valuable seconds going to waste here and do a save every lap so if you mess a lap up you can redo it. And don’t forget to save to USB before the orange countdown timer triggers

Then there is Silverstone wet/damp/greasy test. You must achieve a time here of <2:04.5. This is by far the hardest and I have personally spent a lot of time on this on each run through.

Now here is something very interesting I found about this test. When you first do it the track goes from Wet > Damp which makes it **VERY** challenging. If you hit re-start before the event finishes it goes from Damp > Greasy and actually appears dryer. On short it got the time on damp but on medium I couldn’t do it until it was greasy. Having said that there was an update and the physics and some cars performance were adjusted. I have also done this with wet and dry tyres so it is down to picking the exact track conditions for the tyre you are using

Lastly the Spa test. Not hard, you just need to do a 2:24 lap. Like I said above, knowing what the game wants is half the battle. What makes this “challenging is the 15 mobile chicanes that the game throws at you and all at the wrong time. The time is not the hard bit, getting a clean(ish!?) run is.

The trick for career is to drive > save > back up, rinse and repeat ;-)

Tip: You can’t do a save when the orange overtime event timer has triggered. VERY important to remember for Brands Hatch and Silverstone. You MUST do a save (and back up) before the timer triggers. It is almost guaranteed to crash on you at least once here.

Did I mention this game crashes all the time? ;-) Just wait until you get a gold time at Brands or Silverstone only to have the game crash on exit and delete your time. *&$%!

Another idiosyncrasy of this game is that you must be made aware of and your regime of game saves will help here too. Even when you finish an event and meet the required time having scored Gold when you exit to the next career event the game *MAY* downgrade your overall score to silver. I hear you all say WTF!? If you complete an event and don’t get the required time and score lower than gold *IF* you hit restart the game remembers the first score and awards that when you complete it with a Gold score. So DO NOT hit restart event if you fail you *MUST* exit the game and do a saved game restore from your USB. Ignore this tip at your peril ;-) Also, if you know you aren’t going to make the requirement it is perfectly safe to “Restart Game” before the end

Tip: use two USBs. 1 that has the current saved game restore point and the other from the end of the last event you did in case you need to delete a whole game.

Just ask me how I found this out. I did a game restore from a USB that had a restart event on it with a silver time L

While we are discussing game saves I also back up my USB saves to files on my PC so that I can go back to any point in the career.

Why is that you ask? Well you may wish to change cars (like I did) and there are two points in the career where you get to choose what car you want to use. Or (like I did) you merrily carry on with career getting gold and then notice your overall score has dropped to silver EVEN though you got gold at every event. (see above about the game remembering previous scores in restarted games) >:-(

Perhaps I should elaborate further on games saves. The game automatically saves at the beginning of an event. A saved game during an event will take you back to that exact same point even if you quit out and restart the game. If (*WHEN!!!*) there is a crash your game save point gets deleted and you are started back at the beginning of your current event. This means in an endurance event you could lose a free practice session of 15min, 3 x15 min qualifying sessions and a 4 hour (or 12hr) race. So by saving 10 seconds before the end of each session (and race), quitting out of the game and doing a saved game data backup you are potentially saving yourself many, many hours of lost time. When (not IF) it crashes you only lose 10 secs of racing and the time it takes to quit and reload the game. Believe me when you do it for every session and race during the career you do get pretty quick at it. Also it seems to reduce the number of crashes. Certain events are more prone than others like Brands Hatch wet test and Silverstone wet test seem to crash the most for me. Don’t forget, you can’t save once the orange countdown timer triggers. BTW you will be racing into this at Brands Hatch Wet Test so save before it triggers.

Tip: Assists, stability control, is a waste of time and can actually make you slower so don’t even think about it in those wet tests.

I think I have covered all the points here and like I said there are only 3 hard ones BUT you have to do them all 3 times each ;-) Short, medium and long careers ;-)

Another tip that *WILL* catch you out. When you re-start a saved game the game will change your current set up to default “SAFE SETUP”. If you restart during an event your old tune will be current *until* that session is finished and when you start the next session it will be the default safe setup. Guess how many races I started to discover the car handled like a POS only to find out that I was running the default tune.

Tip: ALWAYS before a session starts check your current tune.

I hope some of my points here will you and good luck (you’ll need it) in getting your Platinum Trophy. I think this will be a very exclusive club I am now in ;-)

Just some rambling thoughts now. This has to be one of the best driving sims I have ever driven, it is really great but at the same time this has to be one of the biggest buggfest games on PS4! I don’t think D3T have a clue about racing or coding for that matter. Here are some examples, after this last update Hungaroring Career the race starts before the start line, there is no driving in formation before the start, when the game loads you are off and racing and at Spa you have be *exactly* in the right place on the track or the race won’t start.

In career the hammer time, overtake bonuses etc etc have no meaning what so ever so don’t bother trying to get them.

Did I mention this game crashes all the time? The record is 4 save game restores from USB before it would actually proceed to the next event.

Button mapping disappeared with the last update too >:-(

If anything else changes or if anyone else wants to add something feel free :-)

Last edited:
3) On a Budget - Complete a race without damages (Valid hotlap speeds etc) I have done this but I am unsure about what the game defines as "Valid hotlap speeds".
"Valip hotlap speeds" I'd say it just means you can't do it by going super slow. But this is just a guess.
Funny that I got that trophy the first time I tried the game... But I can't help you, as I don't remember what I could have done differently.

By the way, regarding the "Smooth Flow" trophy ("Stay in an opponent's slipstream for 5 seconds"), is there anything special about it?
Because last night I raced for more than one hour on Paul Ricard (huge straight) and I'm positive I was in the front car's slipstream for way more than that!

"Valip hotlap speeds" I'd say it just means you can't do it by going super slow. But this is just a guess.
Funny that I got that trophy the first time I tried the game... But I can't help you, as I don't remember what I could have done differently.

By the way, regarding the "Smooth Flow" trophy ("Stay in an opponent's slipstream for 5 seconds"), is there anything special about it?
Because last night I raced for more than one hour on Paul Ricard (huge straight) and I'm positive I was in the front car's slipstream for way more than that!

I forgot to put that one in as well. I have tried to get it on several occasions. I have tried accelerating up to a car and then overtaking. I have tried sitting on a cars bumper (not physically touching). I have tried slipstreaming one car, pass and then latch onto the next inline. I would have thought Paul Riccard was ideal so I have also tried it at Mt. Panorama, Suzuka and at Spa all with no result. I figured this one would just naturally pop at some point.

I have done On a budget. Be sure you have damage on in options. And i think you must drive at a pace acording to your ranking in that stat. If you are to slow it wont unlock.

I think a lot of the trophies are eather bugged, or have some hidden requirements that is needed to fullfill before they unlock.

Its odd that there is only 1 person who unlocked the smooth flow, and Noone completed the career.

Also I have several sessions where i drove 100 Km, and spend more than 2 hours playing, but they dident unlock.

And anyway I dont think its even posibel to platinium this game. The Best of the Best, and Top 1 % I dont think they are posibel.

Anyhow I really like the game, but its anoying when games are contructed to its imposibel to unlock some of them.

Its also dumb from the developer, because there are many people who enjoy trophy hunting that will not buy the game when it has bugged/ Imposibel trophies.

There are several bugs in the Trophies. I got 'Go Far' (Travel 1000km) after about 2h of gameplay and 'Lap the Field' despite starting P15 of 20 and finishing P2.

That was a funny one for me too. I pitted early and all the AI were in the pits when I caught up and drove past and the Trophy popped. I DID NOT lap the field. So yes, these trophies, like the game are bugged :-(

Hence my post to see if we can share some insight amongst ourselves.

And anyway I dont think its even posibel to platinium this game. The Best of the Best, and Top 1 % I dont think they are posibel.

I started AC late, after numerous updates to physics. Some of the trophies were impossible to get via fair means as the cars performance had changed so much since the original launch... managed it eventually, but some of the tactics needed to earn a couple of the trophies were hilarious. At the time, only 7 people has Platinum on AC.

I started AC late, after numerous updates to physics. Some of the trophies were impossible to get via fair means as the cars performance had changed so much since the original launch... managed it eventually, but some of the tactics needed to earn a couple of the trophies were hilarious. At the time, only 7 people has Platinum on AC.

Yeah the AC Platinium is also ultra rare. But its doable. It can even be cheated the most dificult parts. I would think most of the 7 people who has it did that ( Not trying to say you did that, I think you are pretty fast, at least 10 times faster than me, as I am and old slow guy. I just enjoy Sim racing even I am slow lol :-)

But anyone who is not near alien speed I dont think they can beat AC without cheating. And even so its defenetly not and easy task.

I actually started trying to Platinium AC my self, Going very slowly as just beating the Hotlaps special events can take me 2 weeks for 1 event driving on, and off a couple times a week. And I have only done a few off the special events races VS aliens and those are clearly imposibel for me without cheating.

I still enjoy it a lot though. There is so much satisfaction in trying a hot laps event over and over. Starting first time and it seems imposibel, and then slowly getting better and better with the car/track combo and finally beat it :-)

Anyhow for the new ACC. I truely belive its not posibel to platinium it even for super aliens. But we will see as time goes on. I hope I am wrong, only time will tell :-)

The Lotus test at Imola is (or was at the time) impossible without using the 'delete the other cars bug'... I can't remember the other ones as I've probably blanked them out due to the frustration.

Oh, and I'm no spring chicken myself... 53 ;)

What are the hidden trophies? Yesterday I was attempting to do a full length Continental GT championship and saved about 1 hour into the 12 hour of Bathurst race. When I went back to load the saved game later on, it sent me to Spa where I was put at the bus stop and the trophy "Lap the Field" popped up... lol oh well I'll take it. I really only trophy hunt in racing games so I definitely want the platinum for this game. I'm at 18/41 so far.

I forgot to put that one in as well. I have tried to get it on several occasions. I have tried accelerating up to a car and then overtaking. I have tried sitting on a cars bumper (not physically touching). I have tried slipstreaming one car, pass and then latch onto the next inline. I would have thought Paul Riccard was ideal so I have also tried it at Mt. Panorama, Suzuka and at Spa all with no result. I figured this one would just naturally pop at some point.

Yes I have noticed this too. My first thoughts were to do achieve it at Paul Riccard as well but no go.. maybe you have to do it in online multiplayer against human player and not with AI? Have not raced at Paul Riccard online yet so have yet to try. As you say hopefully it just pops up eventually.

The Lotus test at Imola is (or was at the time) impossible without using the 'delete the other cars bug'... I can't remember the other ones as I've probably blanked them out due to the frustration.

Yes I remember the discussions we had on AC very well about this. The times were set on the original physics that the game released with and then they changed the physics. Kunos eventually changed the times so that with the changed physics the times were achievable and yes I did eventually get platinum in the game. When the times were eventually changed by Kunos all the events I struggled with (McLaren at Catalunya for one) I golded first go. I remember that one very, very well as I was stuck on about 3/10ths off the time for ages.

I did not cheat on any of them BUT I did use idiosyncrasies in the game and rules to optimise the outcome ;-) ;-)

Oh, and I'm no spring chicken myself... 53 ;)

You old bugger, I'm 63 ;-) BTW my avatar pic is actually me circa 1986. Back in the days when I was thin and had hair :-) :-)

@Stotty
@TT92

Haha turn's out I am the younger one, only turning 52 in a few weeks.

Anyway Its impresive you both got Platinium in AC :-)

I am not sure if I still want to try and go for it, I love the game but its going to take ages for me. and At least for now I am enjoyng ACC a bit more.

There's so much repetition in the career races in AC... it was a slog!

@Stotty
@TT92

Haha turn's out I am the younger one, only turning 52 in a few weeks.

Anyway Its impresive you both got Platinium in AC :-)

I am not sure if I still want to try and go for it, I love the game but its going to take ages for me. and At least for now I am enjoyng ACC a bit more.

I am one those stubborn players that hates (I mean really hates) being beaten by a machine (game). I have Platinum in GT5, GT6, GT Sport, Dirt Rally, Dirt Rally 2, PCARS, PCARS2 and Assetto Corsa (plus some shooting games).

I get that bored with these games and being smashed off track in the online versions that I sometimes do the Platinum on this account as well ;-) With the GT games the challenge is to see how quick you can run through them a second time.

My main account is TT__777 if you wish to check that I am not telling porkies ;-)

The two things about the first Assetto Corsa is that the career is soooooo mind numbingly boring to work through and the drift events are just painful. It makes grinding in GT games look pleasant ;-) So some of the players became quite creative with favourable outcomes ;-) :-) So the challenge ended up being how to game the game ;-) If you know what I mean. So if you want to do it both Stotty and I can give you some invaluable time saving tips or if you want to be discrete have a look back through the forum, it's all there.

Also.

I submitted a bug repport to the developers. So hopefully we can get these trophies fixed, so we wont end up with a game where the trophies are not posibel to unlock.

I urge you and everyone else to use the bug repport feature, while the game is still fairly new. In the hope that as many people as posibel will repport it, and they will spend some resources to fix it.

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html

Also.

I submitted a bug repport to the developers. So hopefully we can get these trophies fixed, so we wont end up with a game where the trophies are not posibel to unlock.

I urge you and everyone else to use the bug repport feature, while the game is still fairly new. In the hope that as many people as posibel will repport it, and they will spend some resources to fix it.

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html

Cheers Submitted.

Re: Trophies, Variety the Spice of Life and Master of all I rechecked that I had driven (and won) with all cars. Possibly may have missed one as there 3 Lambos and 3 Porsche 911s. There was a chance I had missed one. Sneaky game tries to disguise this fact ;-)

I've done all the cars and tracks but no trophy? Do you have to do a valid lap? I just did one practice lap from the pit. I know I've used all the tracks, and used every car on one track just to make sure I used all the cars, since you can't easily see which cars you've used without looking at every track individually. Do you have to use every car on every track? Not a big deal, just wondering. I did get the elusive "First Penalty" trophy, hah.

The trophy for all cars and tracks is bugged on PS4 latest patch.

The only way to unlock it is to go down to and earlyer version of the game. Wich you can only do if you have the disc version.

Hopefully they will fix the bugged trophy's in and update.

The best way to ensure that happens is to give them feedback with the bug repport form. If enough people do it, then maybe we are lucky they will look into it :-)

@klondike i have disc version and i did go down to 1.00
And i tried all cars on all 18,19 and still trophy didnt pop up. I have driven them 2x all cars on all tracks and i see on status that all tracks have some valid laps with various cars, i really dont know what im missing
But the slipstream trophy did easily

@alex1369

Ouch that sucks.

I dont have the disc version myself. But I read in another forum, that someone had success with downgrading to older versions.

Anyway we can only hope that they will fix the trophies in a future patch. Thats why its imortant that people use the bug repport feature.

They are a small team, so they have to prioritise what they fix with patches, and if not many people mentiones this its not even sure it will ever be fixed.

Here is the update once I rolled the game back to the original Disc Version.

Smooth Flow - Slip stream trophy popped easily first go :-)
Master of All - Win with every car likewise popped easily (more on this in a bit)
Variety is the Spice of Life - Drive every car and every track did not pop :-(

So I deleted the game, unplugged my internet cable and reloaded the disc version. This removed tracks Laguna Seca, Bathurst and Kyalami BUT left me with all 2019 cars which I did not have to drive to get the Master of All trophy. Still used my same saved game file though so this may be the issue. I started at Paul Ricard with the Aston Martin doing 5 min races Ai on lowest level and won every race as I scrolled through every track. So each time I changed car I also changed track and just kept cycling until all were completed.

The Variety is the Spice of Life trophy I interpret as "drive every care **AND** every track" not as "drive every car **AT** every track". If it is the latter then that is an awful amount of time to waste. Can anyone clarify this?

A couple of things to note on the game roll back. The physics are subtly different, the AI are more aggressive and my T300 wheel was a lot worse and the TP3A pedals played up (regularly) i.e. throttle would lose 100% travel and brake would just stick on necessitating pausing the game, unplugging the wheel and let it re-calibrate :-( And the graphics were worse! Yeah unbelievable they could get worse but they did.

So my conclusion is: The game has some severe bugs that only updates will fix. I am also very annoyed that there is this staggering lack of clarification from Kunos about how this game is supposed to operate >:-(

I got all 3,i backed up my save file then deleted it,then reinstall game,do not allow update.

i started on 2018 season cars and did every track as i went all doing 5 min quick race,yes at reaching end of the cycle of tracks the win race popped and after completing remainder of cars any track the other popped...I wrote them down as i used them so i would not repeat any

Here is the update once I rolled the game back to the original Disc Version.

Smooth Flow - Slip stream trophy popped easily first go :-)
Master of All - Win with every car likewise popped easily (more on this in a bit)
Variety is the Spice of Life - Drive every car and every track did not pop :-(

>:-(

4) Lastly Top 1% Achieve a session consistency of 99% (NB: very difficult to acquire) So even Kunos admits its hard to achieve. So any thoughts on this one? When I checked last it appears 0.1% have gotten it. So it is possible ;-)

TIA

I’ve been sort of working towards this last couple of days... running 30 minute quick races from the back of the grid at Zandvoort in various cars... primarily working g on getting my SA up, but slso CA.

I got up to CA95, then decided to try a race at Suzuka for some variety... bad choice... my CA went down to 85 and I also lost SA :lol:

Went back to Zandvoort in the 991.2, and in 2 races got my CN back up to 95. Would have done another, but on the next start my wheel turned 45* to the right and seemed to not be calibrated anymore, so switched off.

Oddly, I didn’t think I was driving that well compared to some sessions I’ve run, and my CC didn’t really improve, so looks like you can probably get this one driving in a consistently average fashion.

@Stotty

You can "game" the Top 1 % trophy. I dont think its posibel to unlock it legal.

But basicly.

Change the HUD so you see CN rating in top right corner.

Monza. Drive around in first gear only. Full throttle always. Do not ever brake, or change gear.

First chikane let go of the gas pedal around 200 m and coast through the chikane. Full gas as soon as you can when leaving the chikane.

Second chikane do the same. Let go off gas at 200 m, and coast through, full throttle as soon as you can.

Rest of the lap you just drive full throttle 1 gear only. Dont brake, change gear or let go of throttle.

This should give you lap times that are identical within 0,2 seconds all the time. This will raise CN rating to 99 after some laps. Even after CN is 99 keep doing it, as the trophy dont unlock at 99, but you will see your 99 CN ranking flash green sometimes, and after a while on 99 CN it will unlock the trophy.

@Stotty

You can "game" the Top 1 % trophy. I dont think its posibel to unlock it legal.

But basicly.

Change the HUD so you see CN rating in top right corner.

Monza. Drive around in first gear only. Full throttle always. Do not ever brake, or change gear.

First chikane let go of the gas pedal around 200 m and coast through the chikane. Full gas as soon as you can when leaving the chikane.

Second chikane do the same. Let go off gas at 200 m, and coast through, full throttle as soon as you can.

Rest of the lap you just drive full throttle 1 gear only. Dont brake, change gear or let go of throttle.

This should give you lap times that are identical within 0,2 seconds all the time. This will raise CN rating to 99 after some laps. Even after CN is 99 keep doing it, as the trophy dont unlock at 99, but you will see your 99 CN ranking flash green sometimes, and after a while on 99 CN it will unlock the trophy.
Sounds boring a.f. though! Lol!

Back