[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's EndPS4 

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 410 comments
I've had 1 play through and 1 crash, when I reloaded the game I was a couple of seconds behind where I was originally so it wasn't a big deal.

No crashing issues here either. Though I haven't had the chance to continue with my second playthrough lately (photo mode run through) possibly since the last patch.

Last edited:
The crashing issues I experienced have seemingly stopped after unplugging the console to get rid of random disc drive beeping sounds while playing the game. Maybe version 1.11 made a difference too. Anyway, I've just finished it...

Uncharted 4 may be the best entry in the series terms of gameplay variety, intensity and polish. I could live without the TLOU or L.A. Noire inspired sequences of examining objects though. Anyway, I caught myself thinking that some of platforming was on par with exploring a certain ice temple, which I think stands as one of the old trilogy's finest hours. I also love the theme of the new adventure, but I'm not sure I like how the story of Drake and his companions is so "heavy" compared to the lighthearted predecessors. Maybe I'll appreciate it more on my second attempt. Finally, I hope the game gets a free remaster patched in later on, assuming Playstation 4 gets released with better hardware at some point. It deserves to run 60 FPS like the Nathan Drake Collection does and less graphical blur would be nice too.

Yeeeeesss, I finally found it! After the game came out, there was one particular part of the soundtrack I was looking for, as I absolutely loved the violin in it, but I couldn't find it anywhere. But then, out of the blue, this pops up in my suggestions. This track just fits the genre and franchise perfectly.

Like all of our DLC, New Devon is available for all players as part of a free update. Inspired by the Uncharted 4 campaign, New Devon is set in the lush ruins of an abandoned pirate colony. It’s one of our largest maps to-date and features wide open exteriors with elevated vantages for those who prefer long-range engagements. If you’re more of a run-and-gun player, don’t worry — there’s no shortage of tight corridors for close-quarters combat.

So I'm way behind most of you on this game, I've finally got to the end of the story and I'm struggling.

Does anyone have any tips for defeating Rafe? I cannot seem to counter his attacks properly. I'm managing to get some hits in but he always manages to kill me before I get a chance to block. I'm on crushing mode too.

So I'm way behind most of you on this game, I've finally got to the end of the story and I'm struggling.

Does anyone have any tips for defeating Rafe? I cannot seem to counter his attacks properly. I'm managing to get some hits in but he always manages to kill me before I get a chance to block. I'm on crushing mode too.
I hate Uncharted on crushing and the QTE boss battle is another point that I struggle with liking.
I seem to recall Rafe's fight as being a matter of remembering his attack pattern, though don't take that as gospel - I was frustrated as hell by that fight, especially as I am a good fencer, taught by a former Olympic team member and the fight controls made little sense to me

I hate Uncharted on crushing and the QTE boss battle is another point that I struggle with liking.
I seem to recall Rafe's fight as being a matter of remembering his attack pattern, though don't take that as gospel - I was frustrated as hell by that fight, especially as I am a good fencer, taught by a former Olympic team member and the fight controls made little sense to me

One tip I have noticed a lot after an internet search is to press both triangle and circle together and you'll block 80/90% of his attacks. I will try this tonight.

Just picked this up from a redbox for $28. - Didn't get time to play it yet, just installed and let it update.

Do people still play online? is it worth bothering with it? I played UC1-3 but never played the MP.

Sorry I didn't want to go through the thread in fear of any spoilers, I have managed to see very little of this game amazingly.

...Do people still play online? is it worth bothering with it? I played UC1-3 but never played the MP...
MP has always been the popular part of the Uncharted games (not my kind of thing really though) - the two most recent patches were for MP maps, so I'd say you are safe.

Just picked this up from a redbox for $28. - Didn't get time to play it yet, just installed and let it update.

Do people still play online? is it worth bothering with it? I played UC1-3 but never played the MP.

Sorry I didn't want to go through the thread in fear of any spoilers, I have managed to see very little of this game amazingly.

Multiplayer is the usual tagged on feature that every game apparently needs to have in this day and age. Aside from getting the online trophies, I didn't bother with it.

Playing through it again, this time with the HUD disabled to further appreciate the pretty graphics and better allowing myself to be immersed. How is this game so good?

So the no HUD mode was clearly an afterthought, as it even removes the sniper rifle scope filter, making them pointless. Guess the HUD will have to be enabled...

If anyone is a Naughty Dog fan and still not convinced... don't forget Troy Baker also voiced Joel in another small game made by Naughty Dog...

Caution, the following will make you cry like a baby, don't matter how many times you've seen it before...

But London is awesome.

Without me going on a rant, I'll just agree to disagree ;)

Is it because they have clowns there? Clowns are a 10 on the scary list. (let me know if you get the reference).

Last edited:
Had a fantastic day at MCM Comic Con in London meeting Nolan North, Emily Rose and Troy Baker. All three were awesome. Nolan is laugh out loud funny 👍

Rumour - Uncharted 4 Single-Player DLC: Focus on Sam Drake?

Uncharted-4_drake-sam-survived_1434547629-600x337.jpg

Back