[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's EndPS4 

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 410 comments
On my second play through. I'm still edging to this being better than UC2, I really like the pacing and the story alot, that with the better Mechanics and more 'grounded' set pieces really sell me.

oh and
the lack of a supernatural twist is welcomed.
Fully agree that this is level with or beats U2 for pure visceral thrills and enjoyability.

The matchmaking in this game is absolute crud. I can't believe how bad it is for such a big release, it's baffling. You can be waiting 5 minutes before getting placed in a game, even longer if you have a party on the go.

I actually booted up Splatoon on the Wii U, went to the multiplayer lobby and got in a match before I got a match suitable for a party of 2. That is ridiculous.

Have Drake's ineffectual little jumps (when not trying to climb a wall or reach a ledge) translated to MP? One thing I could never stand about MP was the crowds of people jumping up and down to avoid being shot while shooting at each other...

Have Drake's ineffectual little jumps (when not trying to climb a wall or reach a ledge) translated to MP? One thing I could never stand about MP was the crowds of people jumping up and down to avoid being shot while shooting at each other...
The jump height is standard in MP, so similar to other games there is a lot of scope for avoiding shooting and it takes a good amount of bullets to down someone.

I'm not beeing overwhelmed by this game. I think the pace is really slow and the change of control is the most stupid thing I've seen. Especially for a last game in a series, why changing control now -.- I still throw grenade when I want to reload -.-

Overall except on the graphic side where the game is amazing it's a letdown so far. Not too far yet as I've only reach the big tower in
Madagascar
. I have fun with it that's sure but not enjoying as much as the previous titles in the series.

I'm not beeing overwhelmed by this game. I think the pace is really slow and the change of control is the most stupid thing I've seen. Especially for a last game in a series, why changing control now -.- I still throw grenade when I want to reload -.-

Overall except on the graphic side where the game is amazing it's a letdown so far. Not too far yet as I've only reach the big tower in
Madagascar
. I have fun with it that's sure but not enjoying as much as the previous titles in the series.
It's a really good game in my opinion but similar to you I'm not really one of those who feels it's 'perfect' or the best in the series by any means. I found it a bit boring in parts and felt the pacing was iffy. Surprisingly not my favorite PS4 game to date.

Last edited:

Madagascar
I, for one, thought the slower pace was better. I like to take in the environments and hear some back and forth dialogue with the characters. I found myself wanting that slow pace over the
excessive action scenes at the end of the game. Wasn't terrible, but by that point of the game when the truck came out and Drake says "Oh not this again" I felt the same way.

As for the controls, I had to change them right at the start of the game to be closer to the way they were in previous games.

I would rank the games this way in order from best to worst:

Uncharted 4
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 3

Finished my first play through earlier today. Just started my second, trying to find all the treasures, notes etc. Turned the "no gravity" and "Xenon voice" modes on. It's a great laugh watching dead guards and what not floating around in the chaos :-)

And the deep booming sound of Elenas laugh, when Drake is tickling her. Ha! :lol:

I enjoy U4 and I will admit I spent way too much time driving the 4x4 and randomly crashing it :lol:.

I have to admit, I teared up a little when the intro to the game started after the first chapter. That variation of Nate's theme + the illustrations of the previous games's adventure just brought back memories.

A phenomenal game. The graphics, the story, the characters, multiplay is not too shabby now either.

In my opinion, I think the story DLC will be about
the Malaysia job. There was a whole chapter named after it, and at the ending, the game showed that they finally got the permits.

Last edited:
Got all the multiplayer trophies yesterday, and doubt I'll spend any more time with that. Starting my Crushing playthrough now. Should we have a platinum competition on here, to see who gets it first? :D

I only got a little more than half the treassures on my first run, However, I got most of the dialogue and notes/notebook sketches. I'll do one more run without a guide, but if I don't find the rest on my crushing playthrough, I'll probably use a guide for the remaining collectibles.

The power of the Platinum compells me. I think the speedrun trophy will be the most annoying one to get. Doesn't fit in the game what so ever.

I've made it to Scotland, and so far, it's not too bad. You definitely need to plan ahead when in combat.

I absolutely love the whole escape from the auction. The brilliant music, combined with great sound design and gun mechanics just makes it feel epic. I can't help but have a huge grin on my face when he crashes in through the window, and all hell breakes loose. I think Crushing difficulty changes it up a bit, as I don't recall a sniper being present in that level on my first playthrough, nor did soldiers wield Condor shotguns (the weird HSG/Mossberg hybrid) this early.

When I eventually get round to playing it I shall be gunning for the platinum.
I need to play the Drakes Collection first however.

Glad everyone here is enjoying Nathan Drake's final Action-packed Adventure! :)

Anyway, here's another video about Uncharted 4's accessibility:

Is there a GTP group paying the MP aspect of the game? Would be cool as opposed to playing with randoms.

Headshot, headshot, headshot is all I can say.

It's not that I don't know how to deal with them. But when you're surrounded by seemingly thousands of enemies who throw off your aim every time they hit you, and loves throwing grenades, hitting someone in the head consistently becomes very difficult. You're better off using explosives, and praying that no one flanks you or throws a grenade until after you've dealt with the armored target.

It's ironic that I tossed my controller after repeatedly missing headshots, only to miss the pillow I was aiming for. Resulting in a damaged, but still fully functioning controller.

Made it to chapter 19, and will finish it tomorrow. I've managed to find all but one journal entry and note, and have made great progress on the treasures as well.

Crushing and speedrun playthrough done. All I have left is to find the last 20 treasures, 2 optional conversations, 1 journal note and sketch, and some specific gameplay goals.

Was really stressed out throughout the speedrun. I don't understand why they included it either, as it is very far removed from what a game like this is about. Just remember to use the infinite ammo cheat, and equip the revolver. Using auto aim also helps a lot. The outrageously long credits scene does not count torwards the total time, so no need to worry about that.

In the end, I did it in 5 hours and 20 minutes.

I will probably never go for the speedrun trophy. Rushing through a game really takes away from it, if you ask me. It's like fast-forwarding a movie, you get the idea of what's going on but miss all the details an I can't do that to a game like Uncharted. I like to take my time, let the story and environment really sink in. It is definitely odd they included it in the first place.

I will probably never go for the speedrun trophy. Rushing through a game really takes away from it, if you ask me. It's like fast-forwarding a movie, you get the idea of what's going on but miss all the details an I can't do that to a game like Uncharted. I like to take my time, let the story and environment really sink in. It is definitely odd they included it in the first place.

The power of the Platinum compells you! Don't remain a noobs forever. Seek out the Platinum and all the glory that comes with it! :D

The power of the Platinum compells you! Don't remain a noobs forever. Seek out the Platinum and all the glory that comes with it! :D
Oh, I did with the first 2 Uncharted games, got platinum in those. I couldn't seem to do the same in 3 and now 4 is just looking too tough for me. How frustrating was crushing difficulty in 4?

Oh, I did with the first 2 Uncharted games, got platinum in those. I couldn't seem to do the same in 3 and now 4 is just looking too tough for me. How frustrating was crushing difficulty in 4?

If you beat Uncharted 1 and/or 2 on crushing, then I doubt you'll have much if any problem with the 4th game. I never got around to beating the 2nd game on crushing, primarily because the two boss fights in the latter half of the game (on the train and at the very end) were so poorly made and frustrating, even on the 2nd hardest difficulty. I did beat the 1st game on crushing, and frankly, it was harder than the 4th one. There aren't that many enemy encounters in this one, and the combat and level design is simply better. Only real problems I had were the armored guys, and the
exploding mummies
. Ohh yeah. You'll come to absolutely hate those on crushing. Worst chapter in the game by far.

You can use as many cheats as you like, and the game won't punish you. In the end, I only did it twice. One time where I ran completely out of ammo, so I acquired a fresh 1911 from the cheats menu, and the 2nd time in chapter 20. Pretty sure you can figure out what that was for, considering my trouble with armored enemies :D:embarrassed:

The final boss is very intense on crushing, as a single hit kills you. Don't worry though, they're very liberal with checkpoints in that fight.

Last edited:
Are the bonuses similar to Uncharted 1 and 2? I am still trying to get all of the treasures on my first playthrough.

Back