PS4 - WORL FERRARI CHALLENGE - - DONT_KNOW321 TAKES THE TITTLE!Finished 

• Thread starter Wilo28
  • 118 comments
What are you guys going to do when ps5 comes out? Buying a pc or buying ps5, or will you remain playing on ps4?
That depends on whether assetto corsa competizionne gets announced for PS5. If it does the yes, If not, theres the possibility that Project cars 3 physics are as good if not better then assetto corsa.

worst case we keep playing assetto with hopefully better frame rates if they patch it for PS5.

I clearly have no hope or optimism for Gran Turismo.

If none of this happens I will consider jumping to PC

I’ll hop on PC for Competizionne if they don’t port it to console, but Also getting the PS5 regardless. PC3 sounds promising and there’s high hopes of ACC coming to PS5. Either way we’ll still keep the seasons going somewhere!!

Sign ups will be closed for now since we have 20 drivers, we may reopen if we get a few no-shows or if people have to drop.

Well, that was interesting (understatement). Not too versed with AC and that was a crash course learning experience (pun intended). First, I got caught out at the start with everybody taking off and my screen still gray (I can see everybody take off). So I hit circle and take off 5-6 seconds later. Then I see Wilo ask for restart vote but I don't know how to acknowledge. Don't know how many times I had to pit. First pit was for repairs. Then I went out with about 1 lap worth of fuel, so I had to pit for fuel. Then I tried to come in hot and pinned the barrier at high speed, causing major (1:00 minute) repair. It doesn't pay to spin the car as the tires get so hot they remain 'greasy' feeling. I learned you have to finesse the car around. My last 3 or 4 laps, I was knocking a second off my best lap times, going from 1:46 down to 1:42.060. But I still needed another 3 seconds. That blows my mind because I thought I had the car and track figured out after that many laps. I tried my best to stay out of other's way and succeeded most of the time. @robi796 I tried to give you the inside line and not sure what happened. Guessing you're not happy with having to contend with lap traffic but I didn't seem to impede anybody else that I'm aware. Also this track was new to me. I may be able to be competitive at some of the tracks I know from GTS or PC2.

Well, that was interesting (understatement). Not too versed with AC and that was a crash course learning experience (pun intended). First, I got caught out at the start with everybody taking off and my screen still gray (I can see everybody take off). So I hit circle and take off 5-6 seconds later. Then I see Wilo ask for restart vote but I don't know how to acknowledge. Don't know how many times I had to pit. First pit was for repairs. Then I went out with about 1 lap worth of fuel, so I had to pit for fuel. Then I tried to come in hot and pinned the barrier at high speed, causing major (1:00 minute) repair. It doesn't pay to spin the car as the tires get so hot they remain 'greasy' feeling. I learned you have to finesse the car around. My last 3 or 4 laps, I was knocking a second off my best lap times, going from 1:46 down to 1:42.060. But I still needed another 3 seconds. That blows my mind because I thought I had the car and track figured out after that many laps. I tried my best to stay out of other's way and succeeded most of the time. @robi796 I tried to give you the inside line and not sure what happened. Guessing you're not happy with having to contend with lap traffic but I didn't seem to impede anybody else that I'm aware. Also this track was new to me. I may be able to be competitive at some of the tracks I know from GTS or PC2.
this is a different animal, take care of the car and it will take cafe of you. tuning is also very important. Once you get the hang of it its a very rewarding game.

seeing that this was the first round of this championship and first race for some with this group, it was a pretty rocky first few laps.

some pointers:

-There are no restarts under any circumstances
-Always join the lobby even if you are in a reserve role
-There is no reason to push in the 1st lap, its a long race.

practice in qualifying tune and in race tune with a full tank.

lets have a good race at RBR next week!

seeing that this was the first round of this championship and first race for some with this group, it was a pretty rocky first few laps.

some pointers:

practice in qualifying tune and in race tune with a full tank.

lets have a good race at RBR next week!

Also, if a collision occurs on the first corner after takeoff, you’re allowed to enter the pits with the option button as it will repair your vehicle and you will not lose that lap.

A big thank you to everyone that that participated.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PODIUM! :cheers:

RD1 PODIUM.PNG

PRETTY GOOD TURNOUT FOR THE RACE.

SOME POINTERS GOING FORWARD:

-practice in qualifying tune and in race tune with a full tank.

here are the updated standings: (half points for DNF)

STANDINGS.PNG

*FAST LAP 1 POINT

SEE YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK AT RBR!

2014-DTM-RedBull-Ring-Spielberg-Audi-RS5-speed-and-gears-map-417-600x375.jpg

A big thank you to everyone that that participated.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PODIUM! :cheers:

rd1-podium-png.895631

PRETTY GOOD TURNOUT FOR THE RACE.

PLEASE ADVISE IF YOUR NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO RACE, SO I CAN OPEN UP THE SIGN

UPS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE.

here are the updated standings: (half points for DNF)

STANDINGS.PNG

SEE YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK AV VALLELUNGA!

unnamed.jpg

Good race, so sorry for the start. At the second turn I missed the breaks and then at the fourth I may have a little exagerate, then the fuel ruined all and i rage-quitted :banghead:

Back