PS4K - Revealed Alongside PS4 Slim as PS4 Pro - General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Eh Team
  • 523 comments
For someone wanting buy a PS4, would this be a good purchase.
Most likely, by about Black Friday time we'll know much more about the power advantage of the Pro and how the game developers are utilizing it. The Pro may make a big difference to PSVR as well if that's something that you're considering.

It's a 50 dollar difference between the 1TB Slim so a no brainer really. I'll wait for a discount myself but if/when I need a new PS4, I'll get a Pro. I'm interested in what Super-Sampling does and if it does indeed produce a significant difference.

I barely notice these things to be honest.

Why does it suck? The slim (Which isn't even called that) doesn't bring anything new to the table nor is it supposed to. It's just a new version of the standard PS4. There is no reason to flock out and buy it if you weren't already planning to buy a PS4 whereas the One S does bring new things to the table. Just imagine how many are buying them solely for the 4K BR drive and taking gaming as a bonus.

The One S had some crazy deals in the uk last week which explains some of the rise (that and the launch of Fifa and FH3).

Problem is starting next month for MS they'll be against whatever remains of the OG PS4, the slim, the Pro and PSVR. Going to be tough, they'll need as much sales as they get this holiday season with Gears, etc.

Back