PS5 Haptic Triggers

• Thread starter CarreraGT
  • 5 comments
Just picked up F1 2021 today for PS5 and the haptic feedback for brake and accelerator is horrendous. Is anyone else finding the same? It's completely undriveable

the same reason you'd want to get used to a force feedback wheel even though the sensations aren't exactly how you feel intertia and weight transfer. It's a game and it helps to give you information that is useful in driving. I think you can turn it off but you'd be slower without it I'd imagine.

the same reason you'd want to get used to a force feedback wheel even though the sensations aren't exactly how you feel intertia and weight transfer. It's a game and it helps to give you information that is useful in driving. I think you can turn it off but you'd be slower without it I'd imagine.
You can't turn it off as far as I'm aware, and I'm not sure I agree with your comparison to a force feedback wheel. Wheel feedback may not always be 100% accurate but it aims to simulate reality. There is nothing even vaguely realistic about what Codemasters have done with the throttle trigger and it really detracts from the game. At least give us the option to turn it down or off!

Last edited:
You can adjust the strength of the adaptive triggers in the Force Feedback settings part of the game. It gives you options for making it weaker or stronger or disabling it all together if you prefer. I ended up disabling it when I tried the F2 part of the Braking Point story mode as there’s a bug with the cars not downshifting properly in manual gears, thought maybe it was the adaptive triggers getting in the way so wanted to see if the same with happened without the effect through the triggers. Let me know if you can’t find the options for it and I’ll take a closer look but it’s definitely under the main force feedback section under the generic settings.

Back