Ps5 pro rumor

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 56 comments
Canada
Mtl
Saw this new rumor, with specs etc, anyone know if legit?
Says for nov 2024 release at 599$ us, nov 2023 dev kits..
Its nice for improved rt 60fps hopefully, but i would hope it not be an excuse to stop having a 60fps mode on base ps5.
I just bought a ps5 though, sigh.. lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230730_130156_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230730_130156_YouTube.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I could be wrong but I'd say it was fake. The specs sound more like someone's wish list. While extra oomph is always good, there'd be little use for all that extra power since I doubt Sony wouldn't allow Pro only games, just enhancements.

There might be a mild workover at some point. A major update would justify a new PS6 I'd have thought.

I just bought a ps5
You need to get and update that signature then. 😉

I could be wrong but I'd say it was fake. The specs sound more like someone's wish list. While extra oomph is always good, there'd be little use for all that extra power since I doubt Sony wouldn't allow Pro only games, just enhancements.

There might be a mild workover at some point. A major update would justify a new PS6 I'd have thought.

You need to get and update that signature then. 😉
Oups right, hehe good catch, will do.

About pro, well specs would be in same ball park upgrade as the ps4 pro seems, a little more than double the gpu processing power, etc.
It’s all ready been confirmed and dev kits have been sent out lolol.
That right?

I’m not saying this isn’t true, but I think it’d be pretty stupid to do it this early. Yes, the PS5 has been out some time, but it’s only really the last year or less where most people have actually been able to get hold of them. COVID and the microchip shortages etc have really skewed the “newness” of this gen. While most games are still supporting previous gen, they shouldn’t be thinking about this. But I bet both Sony and MS are, because $$$$$.

Last edited:
It's a colossal waste of time for all involved. It's only a recently where current gen consoles are actually readily available, they are still being occasionally being sold for a loss and it's still not the case where you can actually expect a current generation game to be current generation (as opposed to a previous gen game with more lighting effects and a better framerate). This isn't like the PS4/XBone, where the consoles were trash when they were new so Pro models made some amount of sense to even things out. Both consoles were fairly top of the line when they came out, most games have visual settings adjustments nowadays, we'd be well past the point of marginal returns when handcuffed to base consoles anyway (nevermind when still handcuffed to PS4/XBone) and AMD also hasn't really done anything since then that would be beneficial for a half step in-generation update. If these consoles used nVidia hardware it would be a different story. Sony is basically like BMW nowadays though, so if they are releasing that laughable Wii U knockoff I'm sure they'll try to force a Pro model to happen anyway.

Those specs are definitely something, though. Even sidestepping the hilarious joke that Sony is somehow going to get a 7700x and a pseudo-7800XT into an air-cooled small box for under $600 without having it immediately immolate itself, that's effectively an entirely new game console. Why the hell would developers put effort into supporting that when they are already annoyed by the much more minor differences between the SeS and the PS5/SeX.

Last edited:
The original PS5 is physically gigantic entirely because that's what Sony wanted it to be. There's no reason to assume a theoretical PS5 Pro won't also look like a 2000s router and be larger than a Laserdisc player.

Last edited:
I dont have an 8K tv or a 8k monitor.

These console refreshes are basically just a way of upgrading your current stuff if you want to pay for the graphical improvements.

There are a lot of suckers including me who will easily fall for it because we like improved graphics and fps in our consoles.

Still better off getting a PC really. But if you are a console gamer better off trading your current ps5 for it you still wont get much due to depreciation.

Saw this new rumor, with specs etc, anyone know if legit?
Says for nov 2024 release at 599$ us, nov 2023 dev kits..
Its nice for improved rt 60fps hopefully, but i would hope it not be an excuse to stop having a 60fps mode on base ps5.
I just bought a ps5 though, sigh.. lol.
The attached specs you posted are fake. Wish these were true though. But PS5 Pro is definitely releasing Nov 2024 according to a reputed leaker. AMD leaker have also given its codename, Trinity (PS4 pro codename was Neo and PSVR2 as Morpheus). It's gfx chip is expected to have 54CU compared to PS5 36CU.

It specs seems to similar to AMD 7700 series gfx card which is going to release soon. Pro probably will be 500$ as well because it seems only 50% more powerful gfx wise. Though RT perofrmance is expected to be higher, could be 2x faster. RAM is rumored to be 30% faster and CPU is unknown, may be that will also get 30% boost.

Last edited:
It’s very likely coming but not this year. They will release the revised base edition first.
The revised edition announced - not adorable but thankfully not all-digital either

I’m glad I have the original disk edition, looks like the Mona Lisa compared to that new one.

I guess it's not cartoonishly, unnecessarily humongous anymore. They did a much better job implementing the modular drive than I thought they would, too; though lol another price increase.

Last edited:
When the fan concepts look better than the real product, lol.

Also hard to appreciate without the fat side by side for comparison.

Last edited:
though lol another price increase
Only for the USA this time - £479.99 is already what we'd pay for a disc version.

Although I guess there's now a £30
T
A
X

:lol:

Did they get rid of the m.2 slot?

I think they did.

Stupid.

They probably want to re-introduce it with the pro.

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 4, 2023-- Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025

Rock Star just confirmed the pro.

“Systems”

Rock Star just confirmed the pro.

“Systems”
Here's four different PS5 "systems":

1701745406779.png
1701745336120.png

Could easily just mean disc and digital versions...

Not sure why the PS5 is a "computer entertainment system" and the Xbox Series a "games and entertainment system" though...

Last edited:
Here's four different PS5 "systems":

View attachment 1309169 View attachment 1309168

Could easily just mean disc and digital versions...

Not sure why the PS5 is a "computer entertainment system" and the Xbox Series a "games and entertainment system" though...
Sonys playstation division is called SCE - Sony Computer Entertainment.
No idea how they ended up with the xbox label though.

Edit.
I'm behind the times. It's not SCE anymore as it merged with SNEI and now called SIE. Sony Interactive Entertainment

Last edited:
There's news of a released specs for ps5 pro on resetera kepler.., says about same specs as in the 1st post of this thread.
I don't know, well even faster with 28tfp instead of 23 hehe. Edit: seems would be 28 only in certain processes, more like 14tfp as a base.

With specialized rt and fsr3 etc.

For September 2024, hope i can get a good exchange at a store if really needed.

They should work on finishing and optimizing games maybe 1st.
And rt on console seems useless, too much shiny for crap fps, like in cyberpunk 2077, goes from 60 to like 15 fps for exaggerated reflections,ok....
I just want 60fps, no stutter, no screen tearing, at a decent sharp res.
Edit: oh and lots ssd storage at a decent price, 4tb for 250cad let's say.
Base storage is a joke.

Last edited:
I’m still not sure of the selling point, outside of the power users who salivate over all the flops. The PS4 Pro did the jump to 4K and improved the PSVR experience. What’s this one’s USP?

I’m still not sure of the selling point, outside of the power users who salivate over all the flops. The PS4 Pro did the jump to 4K and improved the PSVR experience. What’s this one’s USP?
I dont know about price, still rumors i guess anyhow, maybe it be useful for psvr2, but I'm not getting into that until all games are vr.
Seems it be more 14tfp, 28 only in certain processes.
Bah, optimize and finish games devs please.
And give us decently priced roomy ssd.

Still just looks like rumours. I don’t think there’s any need for it, and moreover if I was getting a PS5 for a Christmas I think it would massively piss me off if it then turned out they were planning on releasing a new one a few months later. because of the Chip shortage this gen is only really gathering momentum over the last year.

Ray Tracing and something similar to hardware accelerated DLSS.

Ideally you’d get Quality Mode looks at Performance Mode performance.

Ray Tracing and something similar to hardware accelerated DLSS.

Ideally you’d get Quality Mode looks at Performance Mode performance.
That's not something for which to pay hundreds of pounds, at least to me. I honestly don't care one bit about ray tracing.
If there's nothing that significantly improves gameplay then it's an easy pass for me, and I can invest the money in a Steam Deck or Switch 2 instead.

Back