PS5's lifespan only last up to 5 years?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 33 comments
Nope, one is for the PS3 and the other is for the PS2. Generation-exclusive versions. Do you know how many PS4 Pro-exclusive titles there are? How many PS4 Pro discs are there that won’t work in a vanilla PS4?

They aren't 'exclusive', they play the same, have the same story, have the same levels, challenges etc.

The only difference between that example (a cross gen game) and the difference between an XB1 and XB1X game is that it comes on a different disk rather than through a patch delivered online. The are essentially the same game with one having some enhancements.

If you took for example a backwards compatible PS3 and stuck both Tomb Raider's it would essentially create the same thing. The XB1X and PS4P were basically a new generation that just so happened to not require a different disk to work with the previous one.

They aren't 'exclusive', they play the same, have the same story, have the same levels, challenges etc.

The only difference between that example (a cross gen game) and the difference between an XB1 and XB1X game is that it comes on a different disk rather than through a patch delivered online. The are essentially the same game with one having some enhancements.

If you took for example a backwards compatible PS3 and stuck both Tomb Raider's it would essentially create the same thing. The XB1X and PS4P were basically a new generation that just so happened to not require a different disk to work with the previous one.
“Not exclusive” do me a favour and put a PS3 version of that game in a PS2 and tell me how it works.

“It’s a new generation” do me another favour and find me an XboneX/PS4 Pro-exclusive title that doesn’t also work in a vanilla console.

If a PS2 and PS3 version of a title are the same game, they're the same game -- not like a handheld version of a home console title that is actually a different game (often by a separate developer), for example. It's a matter of design, and of assets sharing a common origin.

However, as I see it the XBoneX and PS4P are basically akin to a Nintendo 64 with the Expansion Pak. Same platform, more juice. I personally don't agree that they were a necessary upgrade, either, at least not in the PS4's case from my experience with it.

However, as I see it the XBoneX and PS4P are basically akin to a Nintendo 64 with the Expansion Pak. Same platform, more juice. I personally don't agree that they were a necessary upgrade, either, at least not in the PS4's case from my experience with it.

Yep, definitely didn't bother with the PS4 Pro. I have a 4K TV and I wasn't bothered by losing out on 4K resolution. 1080P was good enough and the PS4 did a pretty good job at that resolution. From the comparisons I have seen, not much was lost in sticking with the regular PS4, and the 4K performance of the P$4P wasn't that impressive. The performance increase wasn't enough to have a proper go at it. XBX had them in that regard.

Last edited:
Back