PSC: Muscle Chop Competiton (#5)

• Thread starter Cobraking
  • 252 comments
Easy, but it only works with white cars, and it's not perfected yet.
First, you get your car. if it's not white, make it white by getting rid of all the saturation. Next, use the shape tool to create a rectangle of the color you want over the car. Next, in the layers menu, pull the opacity back to anywhere from 40-75% (depending on what kind of color you have). then, switch it to multiply instead of normal (I think it's blending affects). Next, using the polygonal lasso tool, select the outline of the car (be sure to de-select the lights, windows, and air intakes). Now, copy and paste (you may have to select the body of the car seperate and merge it with the shape). Next, flatten the image, and voila! you have a beautifully colored car!

maybe, If you set the opacity really low it should do the trick (also, set it to Multiply, that is key in achieving the shadows)...

those have to be the ugliest wheels to ever grace a viper. nice color. it should work well for doing primer. gonna try that and see how it works sometime when I need to primer a car :D

Cano

progress on mine is somewhat slow, but its almos there. maybe Ill post it tomorrow

Originally posted by Jpec07
Easy, but it only works with white cars, and it's not perfected yet.
First, you get your car. if it's not white, make it white by getting rid of all the saturation. Next, use the shape tool to create a rectangle of the color you want over the car. Next, in the layers menu, pull the opacity back to anywhere from 40-75% (depending on what kind of color you have). then, switch it to multiply instead of normal (I think it's blending affects). Next, using the polygonal lasso tool, select the outline of the car (be sure to de-select the lights, windows, and air intakes). Now, copy and paste (you may have to select the body of the car seperate and merge it with the shape). Next, flatten the image, and voila! you have a beautifully colored car!

:banghead: DOH...Artifice told me how to do something like that a couple of weeks ago in an email.... I almost forgot. I have to try that next time.:embarrassed:

its finished!!!! its finally finished!!!!! the damned Hell Viper is ready to swallow you and your car and get you to hell quicker than a trip with your parents!!!! lookk at the monster!!!
this thing was extremely big so I had to save it to a very low quality... would anyone lend me some space in his/her hosting so I could up a decent pic???
here it is :irked:

you said to turn the thing into a nasty snake. that's just what I did :D

Attachments

• snakereyes1.jpg
    snakereyes1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 202
WOW, Cano that is amazing! Excellent work. I had a similar idea but wasted a few hours not making it work to my liking:). (i gave up in the end)
Nice one.

Originally posted by cobraking13
Jpec could u post the original pic of the wheels if u dont mind.. cuze i wondor what car had those wheels in the forst place??

It's actually 2 images I spliced together (forgot to save... :guilty:) I can give you the two images individually, that might work...

Attachments

• app_brakes.jpg
    app_brakes.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 65
Originally posted by Cano
its finished!!!! its finally finished!!!!! the damned Hell Viper is ready to swallow you and your car and get you to hell quicker than a trip with your parents!!!! lookk at the monster!!!
this thing was extremely big so I had to save it to a very low quality... would anyone lend me some space in his/her hosting so I could up a decent pic???
here it is :irked:

you said to turn the thing into a nasty snake. that's just what I did :D

wow that is ****ing awesome man you have some serious imagination!:lol:

Nice work, Cano! very good imagination, too! 👍

You should resize it a bit, so it looks less blurry.

Back