PSC: Official GTPlanet Weekly PSC: Week 13

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 110 comments
This took longer than I thought.

Also, notice the front grille and lights. I changed them a bit and added a spoiler.

Attachments

• silvia.jpg
    silvia.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 240
ok- introducing the first gas turbine assist hybrid from nissan.
(sure beats an intercooler)

this one is fully hand rendered with exception, of course, for the front bipass fan, which is ripped from a beoing.
special note the hood scoop- which was a pain to render , but i think came out pretty nicely.

BACKDRAFT...

Attachments

• week13 gas turbine gold.1.jpg
    week13 gas turbine gold.1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 820
nice chop but i dunno its uglyIMO...hehe i mean i didnt think it was possible to make an s15 look like that. i figured there was no way to make it not attractive. but good chop none the less. good idea just not feelin the overall look.

Thats because you dont know art when you see it! Dude, just look at the front end! Its awesome!

Its very original. Very realistic looking. Very cool. And all (minus JUST the turbine) was done free hand with the brush.

Now lets see you do that.

I know you only said it didnt look good in YOUR opinion, but c'mon man!

hey, no prob- we are all entitled to our opinion. I can see where you are coming from XG, my stuff is by no means conventional.
I'm compelled to ask, however, what it is specifically that turns you off to the idea/design?

you have my word!!!

with the exception of the fan- it is all origanal. check it over yourself. the only thing even copied and dragged is the windshield washer pissers and the rear tire.

Originally posted by epic
I still think you just took pieces off other cars and just added them there :D

That really "irks":irked: me.

How can you possibly think he took that front end off of another car? It was obviously designed around the Turbine.

Oh and did you see the guns he made for that XJ220?! You telling me he stole those too?

Thats what I never liked about all the Photoshop Contests. Everyone just copies and pastes. But we finally have someone who does more rendering than copying and pasting, and you cant even tell the difference!

Originally posted by Garconis
That really "irks":irked: me.

How can you possibly think he took that front end off of another car? It was obviously designed around the Turbine.

Oh and did you see the guns he made for that XJ220?! You telling me he stole those too?

Thats what I never liked about all the Photoshop Contests. Everyone just copies and pastes. But we finally have someone who does more rendering than copying and pasting, and you cant even tell the difference!

You really "irk" me. You go and give shit to everyone submitting an entry, and then this guy comes out, does great work, and now you're licking his nuts like there's no tomorrow. And then, when someone critisize his work, you defend him like he's your son or something.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and i agree with epic. I much preferred the work Artifice did on the XJ220, it almost looks like you didn't put much time in this one. It's still great, don't get me wrong... just not as good as the other ones you've made. And that's normal.

Before critisizing other people's work, saying all they do is copy and paste, just take a good look at the entries.

Originally posted by PunkRock
You really "irk" me. You go and give **** to everyone submitting an entry

Dude, what are you talking about? I dont give **** to anyone. I am just saying that they mostly copy and paste. I didnt say there is necessarily anything wrong with that. Its just that everything seems to have been done. Ya know? Then this character comes and starts something a little different, and it seems that people dont like the difference. But I think its a good thing.

lol @ u thinkin i meant he took the whole front end off another car

its not that hard to take little pieces off a front bumper and add them. that is what it looks to me like he did. not saying its a bad job, I just highly doubt it was done all by brush

edit: no I didnt see his other entry, this is the first chop from him I've seen, i'll check out the other one now

edit again.. :lol: :lol: :lol: that car reminds me of the viper from that one show on UPN.. dang I forgot what it was called, I dont think they show it any more, anyone else remember that show? (talking about Arts XJ of course)

edit again again: oh yea and Garconis, I don't copy n paste.. I drag n drop :D

w00t Ima edit whore

Originally posted by epic
no I didnt see his other entry, this is the first chop from him I've seen, i'll check out the other one now

He has also done that Honda Accord competition of SSG Sams and the 350Z comp of meeekael.

oh yeah his work is indeed original and good work but the only thing that i dont like about when sometimes people photoshop things and its something that could never happen. i think to me atleast the best photoshops are those that make the car look completely different but at the same time makes them look stock as if the mods were done by the owner of the car themselves. not to add **** to cars that doesnt really IMO belong on a car. guess i'll be adding some wings on next weeks chop j/k heh.
and garconis it all hasnt been done before people are just getting lazy or dont know how to do more than what they know. im not saying that artifice's chops arent good i just dont prefer them over someone elses chop which would be just as clean yet uses other car parts to make that effect. i think thats the whole point of photoshoppin cars is to see parts from other cars you would never see a manufacturer add to the current design. i dunno i just think its cooler to make a realistic concept as opposed to a for instance turbine powered car...

phew prolly repeated myself a few times but hey ive had 3 hours of sleep in the past day and a half...ah well but regardless i think anyone who does good work deserves credit regardless of their presonal design preference so whatever he did a good job but its butt ass ugly IMO...and before i go off on another tangent i'll end
this rant. phew

Well, I am just saying that I like different stuff. Because most 'shops usually have bodykits, new rims, tinted windows, etc. I like how he is making them look realistic and futuristic-like at the same time.

To me it's creative, imaginative, and requires just as much, or more skill. And that's what I look for when I see a Photoshopped car.

I dont look to see whose body kit looks better than the other cars, I look for originality and professionalism.

i usually look for how clean the chop is and that is what makes the better chops. i mean the idea can be cool as hell but if its poorly executed who cares. oh and you do hang off this guys nuts big time hehe.

Originally posted by XGRaViSmOrSX
i usually look for how clean the chop is and that is what makes the better chops. i mean the idea can be cool as hell but if its poorly executed who cares.

Yeah. I see what you mean, in this field it either looks good or it doesnt. Thats what Photoshop is all about. So I agree with you there for the most part. If you want to win a poll, then it MUST look good. Thats what it seems to be. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing either. But be sure to give credit where credit is deserved. If someone had a good idea but poorly executed it, atleast they had a good idea...

Inother words...again:
I agree with you mostly.

Originally posted by PunkRock:
...and now you're licking his nuts like there's no tomorrow. And then, when someone critisize his work, you defend him like he's your son or something.

Originally posted by XGRaViSmOrSX:
...oh and you do hang off this guys nuts big time hehe

You all want to know why? Well look at where I live and look where he lives...look at my first name, and then look at his.

Then go to my website and click on the first (top) link in the navagation table; and maybe you will see why I "lick his nuts." :rolleyes:

Lumina? You must've looked at Josh's and not Jon's (me). But hey, you drive a Civic, so I wouldnt talk too much.

hey now dont knock the civic. if only you knew....gonna be swappin a gsr in a month or so then it will be atleast respectable as opposed to **** on a stick slow. besides my car doesnt look like crap...

Originally posted by XGRaViSmOrSX
besides my car doesnt look like crap...

That's your opinion! I saw the pics of it :lol: I'm not saying my car is better in any means, because I dont like Fords, or most American cars for that matter...

But let's get back on topic.

i guess you can knock my car but i dunno everyone that has seen it doesnt seem to have the same opinion as you. besides sicne those pics in my imagestation i painted the side skirts got rid of the gay ass apc clear corners and made the stock corners clear. now all thats left to do is gsr->boost->paint->owned. then sell this "shiat box" and buy a 99-00 si or down payment on a lan evo 8.

edit: god damn flame wars take attention away from everything i'm done heh

Okay, this has degenerated enough... Let's keep the personnal attacks off this thread, please?

Let's all have some fun 'chopping, and stop critisizing each other's work... It'll be more interesting that way.

Back