PSC: Photo-Blending in Abstracts

• Thread starter Giancarlo
  • 84 comments
Ok the title of the thread said photoblending, then I read the rules that state:

*Images can be no larger than 600x500 pixels.
*Images must include two pictures. They can be of anything, but prefferably of a supercar and a manmade structure.
*You are to use only your own work for the design. No copying pieces from DeviantART or 2Advanced. That's for chumps, if you ask me.

It didn't say anything about photoblending (Maybe it does but I missed it somewhere) so I thought it would be fine, Thanks for letting me still enter.

Vector Art has been described by Initial Racing in a thread right here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-25632.html

I used CorelDRAW! 9, a dedicated to vector drawing package. When you purchase the suite you get heaps of fonts, images etc and a basic image manipulation program.

There are many other dedicated vector programs; including Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Freehand.

heres my attempt - titled LIFE

Attachments

• life.jpg
    life.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 191
An Ewok is a little bear-like creature that made it's debut in Star Wars: Episode 6 "Return of the Jedi"...

Originally posted by ALPHA
It didn't say anything about photoblending (Maybe it does but I missed it somewhere) so I thought it would be fine...

I said nothing because the title itself makes it obvious... Why would i or anyone name a contest something then expect something totally different to be entered?

Well whatever, you're just lucky i let it slide. I could muck you up!

Originally posted by KosmikFool
Where are the cars and structures? This isn't an abstract contest, dude.

I stated in my first post here that it was ok to not use supercars or manmade structures.

Yes, this is an abstract contest, that's why "Abstracts" is in the title. :odd:

Anyway, i think i shold totally revamp my entry, i'm really not very happy with it, and i gotta get something up to speed with Alpha... :irked:

Originally posted by Jpec07
An Ewok is a little bear-like creature that made it's debut in Star Wars: Episode 6 "Return of the Jedi"...
No man, I meant "what the hell is with that piece?"
I know what an ewok is. :lol: But in all fairness, I didnt realize it looked like I was asking what one was.:)

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I said nothing because the title itself makes it obvious... Why would i or anyone name a contest something then expect something totally different to be entered?

Well whatever, you're just lucky i let it slide. I could muck you up!

I stated in my first post here that it was ok to not use supercars or manmade structures.

Yes, this is an abstract contest, that's why "Abstracts" is in the title. :odd:

Anyway, i think i shold totally revamp my entry, i'm really not very happy with it, and i gotta get something up to speed with Alpha... :irked:

I was, erm, testing your ability to read...yes...thats it...

:odd:

Originally posted by Shannon
Yeah, but I won't be on much over the next week or so. Anyways, I managed to slap together something. :)

Blue_Streak.jpg

Damn that's nice. Where'd you get those pictures? Google? :mad:

Yay! I should win just because my birthday is on Tuesday and *sobs* I would love you all if you *sniffle* could just let me win...*cough* *cough* *sniffle*

Back