PS4 PSN ID change now live.

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by TJ13, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Aphelion

Aphelion

Huzzah! My stupid old PSN name has been replaced with a name that closely reflects my current GTP name. God my old name sucked :lol:

2. SCPH1000

SCPH1000 Premium

GT Planet: SCPH1000, PSN: SCPH1000-, I can see that dash annoying the crap out of me sooner or later, but it's as close as I can get to what I wanted

3. jontikis

jontikis

I did some research on Reddit (specifically here) and I saw many people saying that the PSN ID change doesn't affect anything related to saved game data, game progress or downloaded content of the PS3 games/apps. I can't confirm the same for the PS Vita, but the same claim might apply. It may stop the trophy progress though, a.k.a in case a trophy is earned after the PSN ID change, it will not count towards the trophy progress, despite the new ID name being "accompanied" with the same basic account, if that makes any sense.

In the end, I changed my PSN ID from the browser. I'll give you some feedback in case I notice something wrong or abnormal. :tup:

Edit: I checked some of my games like F1 2013 and Battlefield 4.
    Nothing important has changed, the DLC for each game is still there, the game data files are as they were before the change. I noticed that my previous ID name in the leaderboards has been replaced by the new one.
    So, everything seems OK, I guess :cool: :gtpflag:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  4. nosoks

nosoks

well I won't be replacing my nosoks ID, but I may do my Indonesian account. My only concern is redownloading games. Will the store recognize your new name? Apologies if this has been covered already

5. jontikis

jontikis

Considering the fact that you won't lose your paid content after the ID change, I believe you'll be fine :tup:
    Just be cautious.

6. Geoff Morris

Geoff Morris

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  7. Geoff Morris

Geoff Morris

What a joke, I was going to change my account ID but found that my name had too many characters so I clicked out and thought of one that would but when I went back and typed in my new one they wanted to charge what happened to the first one free I didn't make one the first time.
    KilaBaron