PSN ID's ****_Skills owning the time-trial boards...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lawndart
  • 130 comments
  • 20,483 views
Kusabi/197/800

LSD 18/40/10
Ride Height 30/-15
Spring 7.7/3.7
Ext 1/1
Comp 1/1
Roll 1/7

Camb 1.2/1.0
Toe -0.10/-0.50

I found that I needed the camber quite low in order to retain speed on the
banking, and sacrificed some corner speed on entry. This was good enough fora 56.655 but noticed some of the front runners retaining around 192 through the banking, max I could hold was 183 (187 max entry).

Do you think they will still keep the closed events around for a while, would
like to go back and experiment a little?

For London I'm currently using DC5/246/950

LSD 5/60/5 (Still playing with this, but this config is what I got 56.630 with)
Height 40/-25
Spring 4.4/6.1
Ext 1/4
Comp 1/4
Roll 3/3

Camber 1.8/1.5
Toe 0.00/0.20

I tried stiffening the front and rear seperately and seemed to lose side grip.
I found the LSD setting give me the best speed though the sweeping corners.

I have played these by feel, so they might look a bit strange. Would like to know thoughts on the Kusabi setting.
 
@sidplayos

I might be wrong but doest having a 5 anywhere in the diff setting make it act as an open diff throughout its whole range, ie accel and deccel

@xtreme_skillz

what u mean by 8/... or is it a face :/ ?
 
5 wouldn't make it 'open'/not lock, just quite un-responsive, which can be very useful.

It's a face lol, slightly shocked by an odd looking setup :/

:D
 
5 wouldn't make it 'open'/not lock, just quite un-responsive, which can be very useful.

It's a face lol, slightly shocked by an odd looking setup :/

:D

Understand it's odd, just kept changing by feel more than anything :)
 
5 wouldn't make it 'open'/not lock, just quite un-responsive, which can be very useful.

It's a face lol, slightly shocked by an odd looking setup :/

:D

Ah k, according to one of the guides for GT4, puting any setting on 5 in the diff makes it act open. Guess must be diff in gt5
 
Would anyone care to propose a tune that is confirmed fast for either the NSX or the Supra in the Tsukuba seasonal 3 time trial?

I'm pretty much convinced that other that allowing you to alter balance, and of course maximise your gearing for more track-suitable acceleration, I find it makes no difference in terms of times.

I could set the same times with the car set up like a trampoline, or so hard that it breaks your back over the bumps. Whilst toe and camber do make subtle differences to the ability to be able to drive a fast lap, it's creates no more results than the average variation in your laptimes would naturally be.
 
Ah k, according to one of the guides for GT4, puting any setting on 5 in the diff makes it act open. Guess must be diff in gt5

Oh okay, didn't know about that, I'm a GT-newbie :D
 
Suggestion: If you guys want to continue with the tuning discussion, you could open up a "Skills" thread or tuning house in the Tuning section. That way this leaves this thread open for more general chit-chat. ;)
 
These guys are only human, just practice harder that's all you gotta do not be too much in awe, respecting them is always cool of course. I've met daveyskills and he's a really nice guy very professional, happy friendly guy. I did a tournament against him recently and beat him on 2 out of 3 TT's and beat him head to head on split screen, the first time I'd raced split screen too.
A group of guys sharing setups isn't really a good judge of where they're at, I think they'll be high in the rankings but not up there with Arnaud Lacombe and people like that.
Eddskill (ironically) is nothing to do with them but will most likely win most TT's in this country that are level playing field with or without the _skills boys.
 
Back