PT-1 Pedals Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting the video, Super_GT ;-)
Saw where you updated the site. Thank you for that.
I'm looking forward to ordering as soon as the chance arises, be it Batch 7 or 8.
Thanks for what you do. Hope all is well with the family.

There are a couple of pedal sets left over in this batch. They won't last very long, so check the "Order" page on our website quickly ;-)

There are a couple of pedal sets left over in this batch. They won't last very long, so check the "Order" page on our website quickly ;-)

I got a set :)

Some advice that might help customers - as you've moved to first come first serve, it would be helpful to let people know they will need a paypal account as the only form of payment. Luckily I have one setup, otherwise I would have been SOL.

I'm pretty excited to get these though, not going to lie ;)

I got a set :)

Some advice that might help customers - as you've moved to first come first serve, it would be helpful to let people know they will need a paypal account as the only form of payment. Luckily I have one setup, otherwise I would have been SOL.

I'm pretty excited to get these though, not going to lie ;)

Yes, you're right. I will add some sort of notice on our website. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you enjoy the pedals!

Need some advice guys. Please bear with me. I got my set a few days ago and still adjusting it. My problem is with the brake pedal load cell adjustment(first time using this and knows nothing about). If load cell gain is “0”, DIview or DxTweak minimum=0, there’s no brake input/response when pressing the brake pedal. When gain=50%(my preference), I get minimum=4%-5% break input/response. I checked with the game, put the car on an uphill, gear on neutral, when gain=0, the car goes down but when I turn the load cell gain up the car is stopping(braking). This means to me while I’m driving the brakes are engaged at minimum/when the pedals are not pressed. I saw the video on pedal calibration on the PT-1 website. Maybe I was doing something wrong?

Is this normal using a load cell? Shouldn’t minimum stay at “0” even when gain is turned up?

P.S. – Great pedals,btw, an upgrade to my good old g27. Thank you in advance with your responses.

I cannot say enough good things about these pedals. I like them more and more the more I use them. The modularity is my favorite feature.

I also enjoy that I can tinker with them to such finite detail to get them dialed in so precisely. They're very cleverly designed and solid as a rock. @ProtoSimTech

Need some advice guys. Please bear with me. I got my set a few days ago and still adjusting it. My problem is with the brake pedal load cell adjustment(first time using this and knows nothing about). If load cell gain is “0”, DIview or DxTweak minimum=0, there’s no brake input/response when pressing the brake pedal. When gain=50%(my preference), I get minimum=4%-5% break input/response. I checked with the game, put the car on an uphill, gear on neutral, when gain=0, the car goes down but when I turn the load cell gain up the car is stopping (braking). This means to me while I’m driving the brakes are engaged at minimum/when the pedals are not pressed. I saw the video on pedal calibration on the PT-1 website. Maybe I was doing something wrong?

Is this normal using a load cell? Shouldn’t minimum stay at “0” even when gain is turned up?

P.S. – Great pedals,btw, an upgrade to my good old g27. Thank you in advance with your responses.
https://protosimtech.com/en/Manual

When you Right Click in the DIView Software in the Brake Pedal window, you need to set the Minimum number > 0. I had to set mine to 82 to get it so that it zeros out and isn't engaged at all times.

BK9dRRB.png

Last edited:
I cannot say enough good things about these pedals. I like them more and more the more I use them. The modularity is my favorite feature.

I also enjoy that I can tinker with them to such finite detail to get them dialed in so precisely. They're very cleverly designed and solid as a rock. @ProtoSimTech

https://protosimtech.com/en/Manual

When you Right Click in the DIView Software in the Brake Pedal window, you need to set the Minimum number > 0. I had to set mine to 82 to get it so that it zeros out and isn't engaged at all times.

BK9dRRB.png

Thank you very much, Sir! I ended up with these values @ 50% load cell gain. I am very much happy with these pedal set. Money well spent.:cheers:

Cal.tool.JPG

Need some advice guys. Please bear with me. I got my set a few days ago and still adjusting it. My problem is with the brake pedal load cell adjustment(first time using this and knows nothing about). If load cell gain is “0”, DIview or DxTweak minimum=0, there’s no brake input/response when pressing the brake pedal. When gain=50%(my preference), I get minimum=4%-5% break input/response. I checked with the game, put the car on an uphill, gear on neutral, when gain=0, the car goes down but when I turn the load cell gain up the car is stopping(braking). This means to me while I’m driving the brakes are engaged at minimum/when the pedals are not pressed. I saw the video on pedal calibration on the PT-1 website. Maybe I was doing something wrong?

The load cell showing between 3%-6% is perfectly normal for our pedal set. This is because the load cell is always being slightly pulled up by the lever in the rear. If you're using iRacing, just don't let off the brake all the way when calibrating. This will create a small "dead zone" right at the beginning of the brake travel, and get rid of the small input you're seeing.

If you're using other games, simply edit the input within DIView, or using the calibration tools in game.

The load cell showing between 3%-6% is perfectly normal for our pedal set. This is because the load cell is always being slightly pulled up by the lever in the rear. If you're using iRacing, just don't let off the brake all the way when calibrating. This will create a small "dead zone" right at the beginning of the brake travel, and get rid of the small input you're seeing.

If you're using other games, simply edit the input within DIView, or using the calibration tools in game.

When I pull the brake pedal there is a small movement that slides the bar down to "0" during calibration so I thought I needed to adjust the nut on the rear lever , and of course, I was wrong. After looking closely at different pics online the gap between the lever and the load cell is normal which accounts for the 3%-6% value, stupid me:rolleyes:. I thought the value of minimum should always be :@: zero, thanks to Mr. crowchop for the tip. I didn't even know that there's a section here just for the PT-1 pedals, so glad I found it.

Finally was able to finish all adjustments to my preference, inverted the pedals too. I can't say how happy I am with these pedals.

Thanks again, guys.;)👍

Setting up my batch #7 set now, whats the correct order for Bolts, squash washers, flat washers and spacers when attaching the pedals to the Protosimtech base?

Setting up my batch #7 set now, whats the correct order for Bolts, squash washers, flat washers and spacers when attaching the pedals to the Protosimtech base?

The flat washers go on first, then the spiked washers. That way, the spiked washers can grab he material when the pedals are bolted down.

The flat washers go on first, then the spiked washers. That way, the spiked washers can grab he material when the pedals are bolted down.
Thanks, that's what I figured. What about the spacers? I assume they go between the base material and the pedal mount holes?

Hey guys..do you have this clicking sound when you push the brake pedal all the way?Would like to know if this normal. Thanks.

Hey guys..do you have this clicking sound when you push the brake pedal all the way?Would like to know if this normal. Thanks.

Not normal. I would guess you have too much play in the pedal and the sleeve covering the tie rod is catching, "clicking" on the back hole of the load cell.

Or one of the washers is clipping the bolt to the load cell. Is the pedal in the default position or did you lower it to create a softer pedal?

Take it all apart. There will be signs of wear on the washer, sleeve or bolt. I had a similar issue after lowering mine one notch. Moved it back to default without the noise. The problem I had was that I damaged the tie rod sleeve.

Last edited:
Not normal. I would guess you have too much play in the pedal and the sleeve covering the tie rod is catching, "clicking" on the back hole of the load cell.

Or one of the washers is clipping the bolt to the load cell. Is the pedal in the default position or did you lower it to create a softer pedal?

Take it all apart. There will be signs of wear on the washer, sleeve or bolt. I had a similar issue after lowering mine one notch. Moved it back to default without the noise. The problem I had was that I damaged the tie rod sleeve.
It's not in the default position anymore. I even turn the nut on the lever and load cell when I was calibrating it because it made minimum="0"(first time using load cell):banghead:. I will do as you advise but don't know now how to put it back to default. Will surely try. Thanks.

Sorry if this has covered before, but I'm looking to make a home-brew handbrake and was wondering if it would be simple to wire a switch, or axis, into the Leo Bodnar board that comes with the PT-1? From the windows control panel it sure seems there are unused button and axis on that PCB.

It's not in the default position anymore. I even turn the nut on the lever and load cell when I was calibrating it because it made minimum="0"(first time using load cell):banghead:. I will do as you advise but don't know now how to put it back to default. Will surely try. Thanks.
By default the pedal comes in what I'll call "position 2" shown here...
NWEmtyv.png

My issue with the clicking occurred because I dropped mine down to position 3 (1 notch).

Note that everything in these pedals is connected via the tie rod. If you make an adjustment on the Load Cell end, the pedal arm and all of the middle dampers/washers/spring/fasteners/etc will also be affected. And watch all of the videos. ALL of them.

https://protosimtech.com/en/PT-1-Adjustments

NWEmtyv.png

My issue with the clicking occurred because I dropped mine down to position 3 (1 notch).

Note that everything in these pedals is connected via the tie rod. If you make an adjustment on the Load Cell end, the pedal arm and all of the middle dampers/washers/spring/fasteners/etc will also be affected. And watch all of the videos. ALL of them.

NWEmtyv.png

I took it all apart,literally, but did not see any signs of wear. Don't know what I did but after putting it all back together,not in its default position, the clipping noise was gone. :)

edit: I did not touch the position of the tie rod. Just the angle of the pedal arm and the back lever by the load cell.

Don't know what I did but after putting it all back together,not in its default position, the clipping noise was gone. :)

Good to hear ;-) Sometimes, things get a little bound up, and needs to be adjusted. Taking things apart can alleviate some tension on some parts. Glad to see it's sorted now ;-)

I received my Pt-1's in Batch 7. Two months in...still working great. Highly recommended.

Hey guys, our new website is now live!!

With that said, the site is still going through the processing stage of the SSL certificate, and therefore the site is labeled as "unsafe". You can either wait for the SSL certificate to process (which could take up to 72 hours), or visit the site by clicking "advanced" when you get the security warning.

I would suggest waiting until the certificate process completes before visiting the site, but that's up to you ;-)

Anyhow, welcome to the new site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back