PT-1 Pedals Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are beginning the purge process right now.

Those of you that still want the pedals and are on the list, you have 7 days to reply to the email.

If you did not get the email, check your spam folders. If you still cannot find the email, and you are on the list, just give me your first and last name, and I will make sure you keep your spot.

No wasn't in a position or need for pedals back when you got everything up and running.

The total number of people currently on the list is over 420. I can tell you with absolute certainty that only a fraction of those people will remain once we purge the list. If I had to guess, I'd say around 100 will remain, based on how many have replied so far.

This is pretty good news for those who are serious about buying. Instead of being at the end of the list and having to wait over a year, the wait time will be MUCH less.

👍 Replied.

Edit. Hey Chris..... Just checked the dashboard/order page. It states heel rest included and not $99.
Does this mean if you buy the 3 pedal set for $439 it comes included with the heel plate for free or have you just stopped making/selling them?
Just checking.
Cheers Dave

Edit edit. Think worked out the heel plate is an add on the mounting plate, which is $99. No heal plate image on site? Just the mounting plate.

Last edited:
👍 Replied.

Edit. Hey Chris..... Just checked the dashboard/order page. It states heel rest included and not $99.
Does this mean if you buy the 3 pedal set for $439 it comes included with the heel plate for free or have you just stopped making/selling them?
Just checking.
Cheers Dave

Edit edit. Think worked out the heel plate is an add on the mounting plate, which is $99. No heal plate image on site? Just the mounting plate.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I checked the dashboard, and it says that the heel rest is included, and it also says that the mounting plate is $99.

The mounting plate on the old order page is not for sale. That mounting plate is the older design that only fits pedals that were in batch #'s 1-3. Both mounting plates still come with the heel rest, though.

I hope that makes it more clear. I'll see if I can clarify that on the website.

Think I got it chris. The heel plate is not the mounting plate.(add on to it). That is were I got confused, as no image on the site.
Got me wondering if the heel plate and mounting plate was one of the same thing and was included in the price when buying the pedal set.
Sorry my bad. Maybe an image of the heel plate can be put on the site too.

Think I got it chris. The heel plate is not the mounting plate.(add on to it). That is were I got confused, as no image on the site.
Got me wondering if the heel plate and mounting plate was one of the same thing and was included in the price when buying the pedal set.
Sorry my bad. Maybe an image of the heel plate can be put on the site too.

You're right, we probably should include an image. However, the image of the mounting plate on the dashboard clearly states that it comes with the heel rest. As for the regular order page, I'll see if I can do something about that.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to make a statement regarding the waiting list and this mass email...

Some of you have replied to our mass email even though your name and email address is NOT on the waiting list. In order for me to help you, you need to be opted in to the waiting list, and your email needs to be valid. We have had around 8 or 9 people that replied to our mas email, but they are not on the list.

If you opted in with a different name or email address, I need to know what they are in order to keep you on the list.

Thanks!

What purge email...I got nothing...!

Whilst I agree on your views on the $20 non-refundable deposit from a Company perspective. From a consumer rights advocate perspective, I disagree. I get it ensures only people who really want it stays on the list, but from another angle - people's circumstances do change, things do happen to people's lives.

I personally believe in the good of the people and it is unfortunate that a few people who had disingenuous interest in your product has forced you to do this. So I understand from that view, I get all the additional admin costs - but realistically, which other business doesn't have this issue? Fanatec? No. HPP? No. HE Engineering? No. I rarely see nonrefundable deposits purely to be on the waiting list especially when no ETA can be given to those on the waiting list because you are still in ramp up (I get it's a catch-22 situation!).

So to sum up, I think there is both pros and cons with the nonrefundable policy. Only hindsight will tell if this is a good move or not. I hope as a company you will take my views on board and provide you insight "from the otherside"

Good luck - I do mean this, because the more products the better for us racers.

Last edited:

Whilst I agree on your views on the $20 non-refundable deposit from a Company perspective. From a consumer rights advocate perspective, I disagree. I get it ensures only people who really want it stays on the list, but from another angle - people's circumstances do change, things do happen to people's lives.

I personally believe in the good of the people and it is unfortunate that a few people who had disingenuous interest in your product has forced you to do this. So I understand from that view, I get all the additional admin costs - but realistically, which other business doesn't have this issue? Fanatec? No. HPP? No. HE Engineering? No. I rarely see nonrefundable deposits purely to be on the waiting list especially when no ETA can be given to those on the waiting list because you are still in ramp up (I get it's a catch-22 situation!).

So to sum up, I think there is both pros and cons with the nonrefundable policy. Only hindsight will tell if this is a good move or not. I hope as a company you will take my views on board and provide you insight "from the otherside"

A preorder deposit is completely fair. If you aren't willing to commit to your order when time comes to pony up then you should definitely lose your deposit.

How is it any different from buying a set of pedals then and there for full price and then 2 months down the track going, oh crap, my situation has changed and I really need the money I spent on these pedals, I'll send them back for a refund. You have placed an order, committed to buying and should have the money set aside for when they become available. If you decide you don't want them by the time they are available then tough. That's not the manufacturers fault - they have fulfilled their end of the order by making the product for you and denying other potential paying customers in the waiting list your product on the expectation that you will pay them.

So many things in the world work this way I struggle to believe anyone that says they haven't come across it, unless they are like 15 or something.

By the way when I ordered my Fanatec CSWv2 I paid FULL PRICE and had to wait 3 months as it was on preorder. So your Fanatec point is invalid.

I don't think its about people being disingenuous or not saving for their purchase as it is Fanatec released their set of pedals. They are at least on par with these, if not a step up, at a very similar price point and available now. I never got on the list because I didn't like the idea, but had I of been when the CSP released I would of forgot about my name on the waiting list.

As far as the new policy, its your right to change it, but you made the choice to run it that way because it favored you . Now that its not you want to charge folks to wait. It never effected the consumer, because if 3 people didn't order the next 3 on the list got to. There is some extra headaches on your end, but should I pay for that?

I don't think its about people being disingenuous or not saving for their purchase as it is Fanatec released their set of pedals. They are at least on par with these, if not a step up, at a very similar price point and available now. I never got on the list because I didn't like the idea, but had I of been when the CSP released I would of forgot about my name on the waiting list.

As far as the new policy, its your right to change it, but you made the choice to run it that way because it favored you . Now that its not you want to charge folks to wait. It never effected the consumer, because if 3 people didn't order the next 3 on the list got to. There is some extra headaches on your end, but should I pay for that?

Extra headaches that are affecting you, the consumer. If users are taking up places on the list when they do not plan to buy them, that creates a gap between serious customers. This gap has caused us to have to wait two extra weeks (this batch) before all pedals are sold. This means that customers who are in the next batch have to wait even longer. So, it's not just affecting us. With that said, this was the system the community wanted, and therefore we implemented it. However, it's our system, and therefore it's our responsibility.

If people would rather spend their money on something else, there's really nothing I can do. Theirs are available, and you have to wait for ours. Stands to reason some people will go elsewhere. We're fully aware of that.

You're saying that the V3's are a step up from our pedals? Hmm, interesting. Hadn't heard that before.

Requiring a deposit may or may not be implemented. It depends on how things go after this purge. We wanted to ask the community how they felt about it. Obviously some like it, and some don't. That's to be expected, like anything else in this world. Some things you like, some you don't. I guess that's the beauty of being human, eh?

Anyhow, I appreciate your feedback, whether you realize that or not ;-)

Last edited:

Swift, are you on the waiting list? If you'd still like to be on the list after this purge, send me a private message with your email address and I will make sure you stay on the list.

You don't have much time, though. We're set to purge the list in about an hour.

Hey guys,

Our waiting list has now been purged. 130 people remain on the waiting list as of right now. Now's a good time to check your spot, as it probably went down by quite a bit.

Cheers!

WOW..#73 now from #426!!! Does this mean I am just 3 batches away?

May I ask if its possible to give a bit more than 48hrs to respond once emailed for orders before removing from list?
Maybe a pre batch finish email a week before the batch is ready for ordering. I don't always check emails daily due to huge work pressure and may miss emails, but if am expecting one I look out for it.
I try and follow threads like this , but work gets rather hectic in the summer.

Not trying to make excuses but 2 days to order is a bit short (due to checking emails etc). I understand why you do it but having to wait a fair while you tend to forget to check. If you had that imminent order email it would help. (well me anyway).

Keep up the good work Chris.

ps, any idea when batch 5 is starting?

WOW..#73 now from #426!!! Does this mean I am just 3 batches away?

May I ask if its possible to give a bit more than 48hrs to respond once emailed for orders before removing from list?
Maybe a pre batch finish email a week before the batch is ready for ordering. I don't always check emails daily due to huge work pressure and may miss emails, but if am expecting one I look out for it.
I try and follow threads like this , but work gets rather hectic in the summer.

Not trying to make excuses but 2 days to order is a bit short (due to checking emails etc). I understand why you do it but having to wait a fair while you tend to forget to check. If you had that imminent order email it would help. (well me anyway).

Keep up the good work Chris.

ps, any idea when batch 5 is starting?

I always post updates on Twitter and in these forums. I regularly update you guys with news about our progress and when a batch will be released. This should give you plenty of time to prepare.

If you are #73, then you are in batch #6. We just started working on batch #5, so your batch should be ready between 12-14 weeks from now. I will work my butt off to get these things out to you guys as quickly as I can.

Cheers chris. Know you work your butt off. Understand about updates, will have to check more on here. Don't do twitter/facebook, but do youtube and keep an eye out for updates on that too.

Hello,

I live in Australia so obviously shipping is expensive. I was wondering that given how the pedals are built, if there is a problem, would the parts be easily replaceable in Australia? Paying $100+ plus shipping is just not my cup of tea. Also for the mounting plate what is it made off and can it easily be drilled into?

Hello,

I live in Australia so obviously shipping is expensive. I was wondering that given how the pedals are built, if there is a problem, would the parts be easily replaceable in Australia? Paying $100+ plus shipping is just not my cup of tea. Also for the mounting plate what is it made off and can it easily be drilled into?

Hello,

If replacing parts were necessary (within a reasonable usage time frame), we would most likely ship the parts to you free of charge (if defective). I'm a pretty reasonable guy, so if you need anything, you can just get in contact with me and I'll do my best to get you what you need without too much hassle ;-)

The mounting plate we offer is made from easily machinable ABS plastic. It can be drilled into very easily. It comes with mounting slots that match the Club Sport pedal's mounting holes, perfectly. Theoretically, any rig that has pre-drilled holes for the Club Sport's, can potentially support our mounting plate as well. If you needed to drill holes into it for your own specific needs, that's very simple to do.

Hope this info helps!

Chris

Hey mate,

I'm quite interested in these pedals after watching videos on them. I see the load cell on the brake is rated at 50kg. Does that mean it takes 50kg of force to reach the braking limit, or is it higher by the time to take in to account the compressing of the damper etc?

The load cell on the Cspv2 pedals is also 50kg but where the pivot is and what spring you use has a factor on brake resistance. I'm using a better shock and spring in the Cspv2s and I was curious as to how much stiffer the PT-1 pedals are.

Thanks.

Hey mate,

I'm quite interested in these pedals after watching videos on them. I see the load cell on the brake is rated at 50kg. Does that mean it takes 50kg of force to reach the braking limit, or is it higher by the time to take in to account the compressing of the damper etc?

The load cell on the Cspv2 pedals is also 50kg but where the pivot is and what spring you use has a factor on brake resistance. I'm using a better shock and spring in the Cspv2s and I was curious as to how much stiffer the PT-1 pedals are.

Thanks.

The load cell on our brake is rated at 50kg's, but you can adjust the brake so that it takes more than that to reach maximum force. It's all about leverage. For example, we could set up our brake pedal with a 10KG load cell where you'd have to press harder than 100KG's of force in order to reach the 10kg load cell's full potential.

The point is, don't read too much into the rating on the load cell. You can adjust the brake in order to press more than 50kg's, or less than 50kg's. It's all in how you set it up physically, and in the sim itself ;-)

I hope that makes sense. If not, I can explain it in better detail if you'd like.

The load cell on our brake is rated at 50kg's, but you can adjust the brake so that it takes more than that to reach maximum force. It's all about leverage. For example, we could set up our brake pedal with a 10KG load cell where you'd have to press harder than 100KG's of force in order to reach the 10kg load cell's full potential.

The point is, don't read too much into the rating on the load cell. You can adjust the brake in order to press more than 50kg's, or less than 50kg's. It's all in how you set it up physically, and in the sim itself ;-)

I hope that makes sense. If not, I can explain it in better detail if you'd like.
It's ok that makes perfect sense and I figure this was the case.

Can you confirm you are shipping these pedals with the stiffer bumper (stiffer than the black bumper) now? If I were to order now, realistically what would the worst case scenario wait time be?

It's ok that makes perfect sense and I figure this was the case.

Can you confirm you are shipping these pedals with the stiffer bumper (stiffer than the black bumper) now? If I were to order now, realistically what would the worst case scenario wait time be?

We are still shipping with the red and black bushings for now. We are going to be offering a stiffer bushing in the near future, though.

As far as a time frame, that's difficult to estimate. You will need to be on the waiting list, if you aren't already. If you joined the waiting list today, you would likely be in batch #8. Batches usually take about 6-8 weeks. That should give you some idea. With that said, we are improving our production techniques all the time, so we hope to have batches done quicker with each new batch.

Hope that helps ;-)

Hey guys,

In this video, I go over the small changes we're making to future batches of pedals. As mentioned previously, these changes are mainly quality improvements, and will not affect functionality. Enjoy!

I'm very glad you have changed the wiring on the pedals, that split tube loom wasn't a very nice solution and it's something I would have changed upon taking delivery of the pedals (I'm an industrial electrician).

Why 2 nuts as opposed to a Nylok nut if I might ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back