Public Release of Photographs taken in Photo Mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter bman1984
  • 70 comments
  • 4,832 views
BWX
No


Don't tell me what to do.



Man do I wish fanboys would quit making excuses for KAZ/PD's failures.

Why do you have to use fanboy? I think they have valid points and while Aspec is very small compared to GT4, I will take the online racing and my small Aspec races with seasonal s over GT4 Aspec. People quick to just call someone a fan boy reminds of people who constantly curse. It shows poor vocabulary and character. I'm also sure the mods said they don't like the word.
 
Why do you have to use fanboy? I think they have valid points and while Aspec is very small compared to GT4, I will take the online racing and my small Aspec races with seasonal s over GT4 Aspec. People quick to just call someone a fan boy reminds of people who constantly curse. It shows poor vocabulary and character. I'm also sure the mods said they don't like the word.

I can't remember the last time I used that word.. Go search if you want. It's not banned so I will use it when I think it's called for.

I think someone defending obvious problems in GT5 while praising features that have nothing to do with driving and then attacking someone for complaining about those problems is a "fanboy" among other adjectives.

I'm a huge fan of the GT series, just not a fan of how PD/Kaz are crapping all over one of the major parts of the game, A-spec, all while adding a bunch of stuff that no one asked for.

All the other extra stuff is fine if you have the rest of the game buttoned down. Spending time on extra stuff while the AI is terrible and A-Spec is the worst of any GT is not ok.

Defending them by saying different people do different things is a farce. Those people doing different things shouldn't even be there, and should be replaced by the people who code A-Spec and AI if that was the problem. the thing is, man power is not the problem. How many man-hours does it take to code an extension for A-Spec or some really good seasonal races? That's the easiest thing to do compared to creating 3D models of cars, tracks, and coding a physics model.

No, the problem is they are out of touch with what GT is all about, and they aren't even attempting to fix it, yet they come out with all this other stuff one ever asked for. I'll complain about that all day long until they fix it.
 
Actually BWX, I am with you in regards to A-Spec and AI. I want more events and I want arcades AI in that updated a-spec.

However to whinge about it in a thread telling us about a new feature for photo's, which is most likely created by a different person to the one's who worked on events, isn't exactly constructive.

All it looks like is just another forum user moaning in every thread they come across because they feel that their views should be listened to by all and echoed till PD changes things.

Sorry but thats boring and negative. If you do feel so strongly about it, then create a thread with your views and stop derailing other topics.
 
Actually BWX, I am with you in regards to A-Spec and AI. I want more events and I want arcades AI in that updated a-spec.

However to whinge about it in a thread telling us about a new feature for photo's, which is most likely created by a different person to the one's who worked on events, isn't exactly constructive.

All it looks like is just another forum user moaning in every thread they come across because they feel that their views should be listened to by all and echoed till PD changes things.

Sorry but thats boring and negative. If you do feel so strongly about it, then create a thread with your views and stop derailing other topics.

+1 👍
 
GT series isnt all about driving, is all about cars, that is KY's vision after all.

For the people that say "instead PD working on whatever blah blah"
1st You dont have a clue what PDi is doing and what is their schedule.
This project may have started 2-3 or 4 years ago.
2nd By releasing this = completing a project = more time in their hands for other staff.
Each time they complete something is better for us.

For people that have already started to complain....
1st it is blandly stupid to complain for something that you dont really know what it is and how it works.
2nd As usual PD will evolve it , like they have done with everything else, and for sure this new photo-sharing will stick with gt series and will be in GT6 from day 1.

and for the love of the pink unicorn, if you dont like it, dont use it, if you are thinking that everything in this game is made for you or PD should only release or work in things that you like, then you need to work out your ego.

GT5 have sold 7+mill copies... lets take out 1 mill (broken disc's etc) and start with 6 million "healthy" copies, lets cut this number in half to 3 million with the excuse that GT5 is almost 1,5 year old... sounds fair?
Now, out of 3 million that still play or occasionally play GT5 if only the 5% likes this new feature equals to 150.000 people....
If you like make that number 10 out of 7mills people, i dont care, my point is that some may like it and it wont change your game at all.
On the other side, for some this may be a great feature and that is more than enough for me.

Btw...Racers got some new tracks and cars, Tuners got the route-x (and what ever comes with it).
People that like photo's/photo mode? They havent got anything yet, so it is their turn to get something.

And in case that someone says that i am supporting PDi, NO i am not, i just dont like people saying stupid things with 0 Logic and trying to prove that they are correct with 0 data in their hands.
 
Actually BWX, I am with you in regards to A-Spec and AI. I want more events and I want arcades AI in that updated a-spec.

However to whinge about it in a thread telling us about a new feature for photo's, which is most likely created by a different person to the one's who worked on events, isn't exactly constructive.

All it looks like is just another forum user moaning in every thread they come across because they feel that their views should be listened to by all and echoed till PD changes things.

Sorry but thats boring and negative. If you do feel so strongly about it, then create a thread with your views and stop derailing other topics.

I think you should take a closer look at this forum. Even if people make threads about something they don't like, that won't stop others from voluntarily entering and telling them to stop complaining. I've witnessed MANY threads end up like this. No one can voice anything negative about GT5 without worrying about getting flamed, whether they create a thread about it or post about it in an existing thread.
 
I think you should take a closer look at this forum. Even if people make threads about something they don't like, that won't stop others from voluntarily entering and telling them to stop complaining. I've witnessed MANY threads end up like this. No one can voice anything negative about GT5 without worrying about getting flamed, whether they create a thread about it or post about it in an existing thread.

There's a difference between saying "oh, I don't like this; I wish they would work on [tell us about] something else [that is more important to me]" and "why are PD even bothering with this, there are other more important [to me] things that need attention first [because all jobs are sequential and mutually exclusive of attention]".

It's often a case of attitude, not viewpoint - if you're scared to voice your opinion, perhaps it's as much an issue with your voicing as it is the viewpoint.
There is a lot of uninformed griping based on nothing but some false sense of entitlement; sometimes it's innocent naïveté, other times stubborn and selfish short-sightedness, and still other times flat-out trolling. This applies to any perception of a contrary viewpoint, be it "positive" or "negative" relative to GT5; it's just one of those lovely facets of human nature.

At the same time, there is a lot of decent discussion, but it tends to get buried in bitching and arguments over technical details that only vaguely pertain to the topic at hand. Note that I am not directly accusing anyone of anything, I tend to skip over the bitching once it breaks out.


My personal opinion is that this (public "photo-stream") is an interesting development, and I'm keen to understand how it'll work and how it will tie in with Gran Turismo's bigger picture.
 
This way everyone can see how bad I suck as a driver... I've been taking pictures of my best crashes.
 
Just came across the in-game news feed....


"With the coming Gran Turismo 5 update planned for March 2012, we will be starting a new service on gran-turismo.com worldwide, called "Gran Turismo 5 Photo Stream".

In GT5 Photo Stream, photographs taken in the photo mode of Gran Turismo 5 and set to "Share" will be shown in a list on a webpage, and be made possible to view by anyone.

The photographs will continue to change periodically, the online ID's of the photographer will NOT be shown or made public, and there is no evaluation system or the like for the photographs. This is a service which simply introduces what kinds of photographs are being taken in Gran Turismo 5 by players around the world.
Please be aware that any photographs set to "Share" after the start date of this service will be released publically on the web by GT5 Photo Stream.

We hope you'll look forward to the start of this new service."

Link: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6232.html


Edit: I know this is about Photomode and there is a Photo Fourm, but this is news. I'm not sharing a photo. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Heads up folks, while this feature to some if not many is COOL, it looks like PD is going to dick us once again on any of our expectations.

As usual PD is doing exactly whatever PD wants because they make the $$$$ they will take our concerns, and most of them lightly
 
Heads up folks, while this feature to some if not many is COOL, it looks like PD is going to dick us once again on any of our expectations.

As usual PD is doing exactly whatever PD wants because they make the $$$$ they will take our concerns, and most of them lightly

You might need to elaborate on that; what expectations? What concerns?
 
An interesting thought, do you think there should now be two levels of sharing - "Share with friends only" and "Share with friends and Photostream" ?
 
Back