punters..

  • Thread starter Thread starter VARCONV
  • 87 comments
  • 6,018 views
Messages
10
Messages
GTP-VARCONV
sorry about that, but what is a punter...
 
A punter is someone who deliberately rams you with the objective of gaining a position in the race. There are many variations to what a punter can do to gain an unfair advantage, but that's the general idea.
 
Last edited:
Go run a couple races at Suzuka pro 750pp & you will probabally get your question answered:crazy:
 
Remove the E and the R, then replace a single letter and you've got your answer...;)
 
Punter is the commonly used word to describe someone who is more than happy to ruin your online experience and disrupt races, a genreal punter doesn't care who they ram or bash of the track.:rolleyes: Almost all of them can't drive for sh....yeah they just can't drive.:D Punting and bashing for personal gain is a perfect demonstration of there inability's and obvious stupidity. Although sometimes these punter's are just young kids who have no idea what Real racing is about, it would be better for these kids to enjoy games like...smash and derby??..I dunno what game's, I'm not interested in any other game except GT. A common practice of punters is to wall ride, I have seen numerous people getting punted by people who also wall ride, so it seems as though most people who wall ride decide to go all the way by also punting people.:irked: If you see a punter driving unnesarily eratically on the track it's best to pass them when they make a mistake, which happens all the time.👍
Rusty*
 
thanks, i knew them but i called them just dirty racers. PEACE
 
Also ona seperate note, it's best not to message them as you are likely to get abuse back...orsomething undesirable lol.:lol: I messaged someone back because they abused me and said "your was nothing" because I still won the race after they punted me off, I caught back up and passed him when he made a mistake.:lol: I told him to Race clean and he proceeded to very harshly abuse me, so best not message Punter's, or if your really pistoff and want to express your disatisfaction with there pathetic driving then by all means let them know what you think:D, but then you can really expect the abuse. Some GTP guys message them with kind regards but also ask them to race clean, and they have had positive responses, but I don't waste my time with them anymore.;)
Rusty*
 
Go run a couple races at Suzuka pro 750pp & you will probabally get your question answered:crazy:

Fuji Races too,at the end of the high speed straights!
 
Remove the E and the R, then replace a single letter and you've got your answer...
lol I "C" your point!:lol:
Take it easy mate
Rusty*
 
I love punters. Owning the crap out of them boosts my ego to unprecedented levels. To feel this superior to another human being in real life would require vast sums of money, their girlfriend, their mom, their pets and the London Philharmonic Orchestra.

Believe me - I've tried!

Punters were put on this earth for one reason only - to make me feel good about myself.
 
I love punters. Owning the crap out of them boosts my ego to unprecedented levels. To feel this superior to another human being in real life would require vast sums of money, their girlfriend, their mom, their pets and the London Philharmonic Orchestra.

Believe me - I've tried!

Punters were put on this earth for one reason only - to make me feel good about myself.
lol its true! there is nothing better than having some jerk punt you off (the bad part) because they're no good & are trying to win at all costs, end up dead last, then make a huge comeback through the field, sit right behind the punter pressuring them, see them stuff up & go flying off into the wall or sandtrap & finally you come home in first, knowing you've beaten everyone, including the jerk who hit you! :lol::D
 
Remove the E and the R, then replace a single letter and you've got your answer...;)

Mate we think alike - I was just about to say that too.

Respect:tup:
 
Punters can also be a 10 year old playing a video game with no idea whatsoever about racing rules, etiquette, courtesy, manners, or talent. Point being, they're not all evil, some are just clueless kids playing a game of smash up.

But we still HATE them! ;)
 
Running in 7/8 position on Suzuka two nights ago approaching turn 1 on lap 2, I got punted after moving over (out of the driving line on the long straight) of the 8th place car. I still got punted all the way to the outside wall as we approached turn 1. The other driver should've been awarded points for such a nice square punt. He laid into me good. At that point, I just got up and walked away while the race completed. I was so angry.
 
Punter could also be a...


NFS driver?
Burnout driver?
Midnight Club driver?

Basically they want to be first no matter what they do, but that sounds like a dirty driver... which is also a punter :dopey:


I remember when It was the recent july when I just got a PS3 and also wondered what a punter was :lol:

Didnt a thread of course 👍
 
Anyone else notice that certain nationalities seem to be more dirty than others? I can usually tell if someone is going to try and force me off the track whilst slipstreaming them just by looking at which country they are from. I find people from Italy, UK, Denmark, Germany relatively fair but some nationalities are dreadfully dirty with a win at all cost attitude!

For obvious reasons im not going to name which countries because you get good and bad in all nationalities but some seem dirtier than others!

I will give a hint and say these countries are in Europe!
 
Just because punters are always a certain nationality does not mean that every driver from a certain nationality is a punter.

That's like saying 'I see that a ball is always round, so everything round is a ball'.

You can see why that statement is wrong, right?
 
Anyone else notice that certain nationalities seem to be more dirty than others? I can usually tell if someone is going to try and force me off the track whilst slipstreaming them just by looking at which country they are from. I find people from Italy, UK, Denmark, Germany relatively fair but some nationalities are dreadfully dirty with a win at all cost attitude!

For obvious reasons im not going to name which countries because you get good and bad in all nationalities but some seem dirtier than others!

I will give a hint and say these countries are in Europe!

We all have our good racers and bad.

I am cautious overall around others. E.g. the [ES] can be dirty but also cleanI have some fast racers known in that region. Also [IT] some good racers known too and you see the odd one acting like a child.

Ive seen wallriders from [GB] and Ive seen clean fast racers from [GB]

We all have a dark side :lol:


A tip: DO NOT RACE AT END OF SCHOOL TIMES...
Just dont, the children like me come back to race and its awful.

Late at night is when the races start :dopey:
 
Not only have I just been continuously punted by an idiot in a GT-R noob wagon, he then took the time to message me verbal abuse, which my 6 year old nephew read and happily repeated.

PD seriously need to bring in a feature to ban dirty/abusive racers permanently. The level that some idiots will takes things to is disgusting.
 
I had a super close race at fuji a few days ago...I think it was in the beginner class so all the cars were stock. On the final lap I was just BARELY going win by a nose, and at the last second he slams into my side and we both slide across the finish line...him winning by like .008 or something really stupid.

I sent him a message and he replies saying "I held first place that entire race and I'll be damned if you were gonna win because you can draft, learn to drive faster and pass me in the corners."

I mean wtf, since when is passing on a straight an insult, but passing in the corners is fair-game??
 
I've had that done to me several times at Suzuka Pro PP750. I also find blockers annoying.

Example: You have an Amuse S2000 and they have a tuned Elise, you're following them down a straight, even without slipstreaming you can easily pass them cleanly, yet they don't yield and throw their car in front of yours. Haven't they heard of blue flags? Yielding to faster drivers to prevent frustration and avoidable accidents is common sense (or should be).
 
I had a super close race at fuji a few days ago...I think it was in the beginner class so all the cars were stock. On the final lap I was just BARELY going win by a nose, and at the last second he slams into my side and we both slide across the finish line...him winning by like .008 or something really stupid.

I sent him a message and he replies saying "I held first place that entire race and I'll be damned if you were gonna win because you can draft, learn to drive faster and pass me in the corners."

I mean wtf, since when is passing on a straight an insult, but passing in the corners is fair-game??

Exactly, sometimes if I am ahead at a corner heading into a long straight, I slow down to slide into the slipstream of the car and then re-overtake so I don't get done - it's a tactic...

Also I hate morons who swerve so you can't get into their slipstream - a lot of the time it is blatantly beneficial to allow someone to slipstream you, so you can slipstream them back and catch up with guys who are ahead of you.
 
Haven't they heard of blue flags? Yielding to faster drivers to prevent frustration and avoidable accidents is common sense (or should be).
Your not lapping him though hence there would be no need for a blue flag.
 
I find the sweeping left at the end of the long straight the most dangerous. I had someone at Suzuka 750 try and sweep me off there only to whiz past without touching me and disappear into the sandtrap.

I was laughing so hard I nearly spun off myself :)
 
Your not lapping him though hence there would be no need for a blue flag.

In the case of GT5:P there might be. Slower cars at the front of the grid, faster cars coming up behind them trying to pass. It's also needed in the Castle Combe Saloon Championship (Evos, Evos, everywhere!)
 
I had a super close race at fuji a few days ago...I think it was in the beginner class so all the cars were stock. On the final lap I was just BARELY going win by a nose, and at the last second he slams into my side and we both slide across the finish line...him winning by like .008 or something really stupid.

I sent him a message and he replies saying "I held first place that entire race and I'll be damned if you were gonna win because you can draft, learn to drive faster and pass me in the corners."

I mean wtf, since when is passing on a straight an insult, but passing in the corners is fair-game??

Number one... use anything to you advantage (car wise e.g. speed cornering etc. not punting :lol)

HSR I admit I have won like once or twice at the final corner (tactic is outside to inisde to outside draft = faster exit = pass!

Passing in corners is risky which is a problem for me at Suzuka.
You dont want to either get yourself spun or the other racer. Also gives an impression :indiff:


Also I hate morons who swerve so you can't get into their slipstream - a lot of the time it is blatantly beneficial to allow someone to slipstream you, so you can slipstream them back and catch up with guys who are ahead of you.


HSR happens daily...
Theres no point you still get draft and if your decent you should catch up easy.
 
Back