punters..

  • Thread starter Thread starter VARCONV
  • 87 comments
  • 6,019 views
In the case of GT5:P there might be. Slower cars at the front of the grid, faster cars coming up behind them trying to pass. It's also needed in the Castle Combe Saloon Championship (Evos, Evos, everywhere!)

Theres different classes in the CCSC thats why they would need blue flags but in GT5P all the cars are basicly in the same class so its not needed (although that might be said differently when i tried to race a 470pp daihatsu in suz 850 :lol: didnt come last though.)
 
I despise punters. A lot of times, when I know someone is intentionally ramming and I'm faster than them, I'll sit right behind them until they make a mistake. Sometimes mind games are the best way to get back at them without wrecking yourself. For example:

I was racing the Ferrari Suzuka event today. Started dead last out of 11 cars. I laid back and watch everyone fly into the sandpit. I was in 3rd spot before the end of the S-bends. Ran down and cleanly passed the 2nd place guy, headed to the leader. Went to pass him cleanly into the first turn on the 3rd lap and he bumped me off into the sandpit. I re-entered the track in 3rd, 7 seconds behind the leader. I caught up to the leader at the end of the last lap (the big straightaway right before the final tight chicane), and instead of passing him only to get rammed in the chicane, I sat right behind him all the way down the straightaway and watched him overshoot the turn, hit the grass, and spin out. I won the race, and he messaged me calling me names and such.
 
Theres different classes in the CCSC thats why they would need blue flags but in GT5P all the cars are basicly in the same class so its not needed (although that might be said differently when i tried to race a 470pp daihatsu in suz 850 :lol: didnt come last though.)

I know there are different classes, i'm talking about the Class A Evos only :crazy:

But yeah, I don't want to see classes introduced, just for other racers to yield when you're breathing right down their neck.

Same when you outbrake them on the inside into a turn (in this case the Hairpin you arrive at after Degner at Suzuka) and they don't give you space, just drive like the AI do when you block their programmed racing line. It's annoying, plus it slows them down too... pointless.
 
Just because punters are always a certain nationality does not mean that every driver from a certain nationality is a punter.

That's like saying 'I see that a ball is always round, so everything round is a ball'.

You can see why that statement is wrong, right?
Which is why I said you get good and bad in all nationalities if you read my post properly. However there seem to be more dirty drivers in certain countries and cleaner racers in others. I can only base my assumption on my experiences so far and if I was honest there is one particular country that sticks out from the crowd because I haven't yet met one clean racer!!

There will obviously be exceptions to the rule because sometimes you come across idiots from the UK but my posts are referring to majority.
 
You're not a punter, if..
- other cars get smaller behind you
- you usually are in top 5
- you beat tuners with regular cars both on straights and corners
- you know how to use brakes and steering

You might be a punter, if..
- other cars get smaller in front of you
- you usually are behind everyone, in the sand pit or grass
- if you need a tuner car to be competitive on straights and corners
- you can't tell the difference between brake, throttle or steering

:sly:
 
In regards to the idea that "foreign" courntries are more inclined to drive dirty, could it be that they some like to specifically target people from the US?
 
sorry about that, but what is a punter...



This is a punter.


610x.jpg
 
Which is why I said you get good and bad in all nationalities if you read my post properly. However there seem to be more dirty drivers in certain countries and cleaner racers in others.
I did read your post, and it's nonsense.

The fact that many punters are Spanish (let's just call it by name here, everybody knows what we are talking about here) does not mean that most Spanish are punters.

'Ball --> round' does not imply 'round --> ball'. To make it more clear: 'Punter --> Spanish' does not imply 'Spanish --> Punter'. Any suggestion in this direction you are making is simply false. Even if 100% of punters were Spanish, this does not say anything about the % of punters in the Spanish community. Hence you cannot say that some countries drive dirtier than others.

As opposed to your statement, the above is based on mathematics, not on gut-feelings. If your statement were true, then punting would be significantly less in the NTSC races, since Spain uses PAL. And it's not, it's the same everywhere.

I've had plenty clean races with Spanish guys BTW, and also several dirty ones. Same applies to France, GB, NL, or any other country. Punters are everywhere. I too can smell a punter from a mile away, but it's not because of nationality, but because of their behaviour on track.
 
I've had plenty clean races with Spanish guys BTW, and also several dirty ones. Same applies to France, GB, NL, or any other country. Punters are everywhere. I too can smell a punter from a mile away, but it's not because of nationality, but because of their behaviour on track.
I had a guy from france brake check me today and I unfortuante for him punted him and he stopped racing to write me a message while I was stopped(I never punt on purpose unless it was done to me at least 2 times, so being an accident I stop or slow down and let them catch up) at the front straight to let him catch up.

I then respond to him calling him a cry baby and a pussycat which to he responds that he works for sony to report people who use foul language....Funny my account is still active, how much longer till I get in trouble?(Sorry I am new to the whole online gaming thing)
 
Personally, I never communicate with punters, they're not worth it and you're giving them the joy of getting a response. Unless ofcourse you can respond in such a manner that it gets to them. ;)
 
I tolerated punters for so damn long till I could not longer hold it in. Just only recently, I gave in to punting the punters back. Don't get me wrong, some are not kids, they can punt you off and have very good driving skills too.They just punt to get in front, without any skill in passing cleanly.

Especially with the new updates, knocking someone from behind, they won't get a penalty, but instead, you get the collision penalty, for whatever reason. Then also, they could have punted you in a corner, and you get the short cut penalty.

I got so fed up I just started punting punters back. I would like to say that I won't do this unless provoked, but is hard to prove myself with only words, so just expressing my thoughts here.
 
I only punt them back if the occasion arises, a.k.a. I'm not going to hunt them down.

In the first day of the Evora cup I was punted off in lap 1 by a Spanish driver in an Amuse. When we entered the esses in lap 2 he screwed up, and I was able to gain on him. He put himself on the center of the track of the last right turn in the esses (with the sand trap on the left side), which was the perfect opportunity for me to go on the inside of the turn and slam him with the side of my car, straight into the sand trap. Never saw him back that race. :)

But I would never hunt a punter down for it, it was just the occasion I took advantage of.
 
I did read your post, and it's nonsense.

The fact that many punters are Spanish (let's just call it by name here, everybody knows what we are talking about here) does not mean that most Spanish are punters.

'Ball --> round' does not imply 'round --> ball'. To make it more clear: 'Punter --> Spanish' does not imply 'Spanish --> Punter'. Any suggestion in this direction you are making is simply false. Even if 100% of punters were Spanish, this does not say anything about the % of punters in the Spanish community. Hence you cannot say that some countries drive dirtier than others.

As opposed to your statement, the above is based on mathematics, not on gut-feelings. If your statement were true, then punting would be significantly less in the NTSC races, since Spain uses PAL. And it's not, it's the same everywhere.

I've had plenty clean races with Spanish guys BTW, and also several dirty ones. Same applies to France, GB, NL, or any other country. Punters are everywhere. I too can smell a punter from a mile away, but it's not because of nationality, but because of their behaviour on track.
Its only nonsense from your point of view because your online experience may differ from mine. Im only going by my own experiences which you cannot comment on!

By the way I wasn't just referring to Spain but France also. Im sure they do have clean racers but so far I haven't met any from these countries.

Maybe im just being punted more because im always overtaking people!
 
Chill guys, Chill.:) Don't let punter's affect you, simply keep racing and wait for them to crash...it's inevitgable.:D When they crash just go flying past them...to bad you can't wave at them as you go flying pass lol!:lol: Just jokes, but yeah, if you have trouble with punter's then just change track's or just get ready to dodge them when you race.
The quality of online racing is alot better than it use to be though.👍
All the best dodging punter's,:D
Rusty*
 
Its only nonsense from your point of view because your online experience may differ from mine. Im only going by my own experiences which you cannot comment on!
You posted it here in public (more or less), so anybody can comment. Especially when you are using your personal experience as a basis to judge a whole country.

But let's just say we agree to disagree. ;)

Maybe im just being punted more because im always overtaking people!
Nah, everybody gets punted, mostly when being overtaken. ;)

I think we both agree that we need private rooms, BADLY. :)
 
You posted it here in public (more or less), so anybody can comment. Especially when you are using your personal experience as a basis to judge a whole country.

But let's just say we agree to disagree. ;)

Nah, everybody gets punted, mostly when being overtaken. ;)

I think we both agree that we need private rooms, BADLY. :)
Fair enough mate and im sorry if my posts seemed somewhat inflammatory towards you. To be honest im just getting frustrated at some of the dirty racing that goes on and like you say we need private rooms.

You know when it comes to punters im not that bothered if someone smacks into the side of me because in some corners there is bound to be contact. The type of idiots I hate the most online is those who swerve all over the place trying to block you when slipstreaming them on a straight. If I spot someone coming up behind me on a straight I just allow them to pass without blocking them because I know I will pass them again on the next corner.
 
...I think we both agree that we need private rooms, BADLY. :)
Yes I do hope that will be included in the next update, it will solve the problem of punter's and nuisance driver's, plus make it much easier to setup great races!👍
 
In my experience, most punters are human, save for a few who's ability suggests they may be some form of amoeba or other such single celled organisms bearing rudimentary pseudopodia.

There are many now who have evolved to the point of almost having cognitive ability and even show skill in their driving when not surrounded by other cars. Unfortunately the driving force of their existence is the acquisition of food and when another racer appears in front of them, they attempt to eat it resulting in collision and inevitably, bad feeling.

They don't have feelings of course and continue onwards in their everlasting search for sustenance.
 
If I spot someone coming up behind me on a straight I just allow them to pass without blocking them because I know I will pass them again on the next corner

Well said think thats how most good racers feel. The ones that inflame me the most are the ones that will race you clean & tight for a few laps then WHAM slam you or brakecheck you on the straight.That one always takes me by suprise guess thats there intention That tatic only works once though.:dunce:
 
I usually don't care if I'm the target of punters.. that just means that they can't keep up with honest racing, in other words, are worse drivers than I am. and usually I beat them pretty nicely. They might have GT LM's, Amuse Turbos etc while I have overweight and downforceless GT-R, but in the end, they will admire my taillights.. if they're close enough to see them that is! :D
 
Nah, everybody gets punted, mostly when being overtaken. ;)

I find I get punted more when I'v overtaking just because the punters usually aren't good enough to catch even a fair driver.

That said, there is the occasional punter who is good enough to keep up and I find that they will brake late and either hit you from behind, punting you off the corner and slowing themself enough to make the corner. Or they will cut to the inside (often through the grass) at a speed where they could never make the corner, but they know you are there to bounce off of, keeping them on track and sending you into the gravel. I find that if I brake a bit early it counters both of these moves. If they hit me from behind I can still make the corner but they are slowed and I gain more lead. If they try the corner-cutting side smash, they are surprised because I'm not there to smash into and they fly off the corner.
 
I find I get punted more when I'v overtaking just because the punters usually aren't good enough to catch even a fair driver.

That said, there is the occasional punter who is good enough to keep up and I find that they will brake late and either hit you from behind, punting you off the corner and slowing themself enough to make the corner. Or they will cut to the inside (often through the grass) at a speed where they could never make the corner, but they know you are there to bounce off of, keeping them on track and sending you into the gravel. I find that if I brake a bit early it counters both of these moves. If they hit me from behind I can still make the corner but they are slowed and I gain more lead. If they try the corner-cutting side smash, they are surprised because I'm not there to smash into and they fly off the corner.

Great minds think alike, I use this tactic a lot. Also, on hairpins, etc, I turn in early so they have no chance to punt me (works a treat on the Suzuka hairpin), i've had so many would-be punters fire themselves into the gravel after narrowly missing my tucked-in rear end. 👍
 
I usually don't care if I'm the target of punters.. that just means that they can't keep up with honest racing, in other words, are worse drivers than I am. and usually I beat them pretty nicely. They might have GT LM's, Amuse Turbos etc while I have overweight and downforceless GT-R, but in the end, they will admire my taillights.. if they're close enough to see them that is! :D

I remember racing against you on Fuji and the whole experience was brilliant. If ever there is a great example of how racing online should be done then you're a great example and I sincerely wish there was more like you.
 
:O I'm happy that I could provide some good racing. I always do my best to achieve this kind of result.. and, of course, I have to keep up the level to pave way for MFT when GT5 finally arrives. Anyway, clean racing is clean racing, and that really gets me on good mood. I hope to see you again on track. 👍
 
Is there a difference in a dirty driver and a punter?

I always seem to find that the dirty driver is more sneaky and knows what hes planning...


Talking about sneaky
Suzuka Ferrai's last lap, got caught up with traffic. Last straight I overtake a [ES] and ram from 2nd to 5th overall (spun and had to wait for people to pass, I didnt want to cause a huge accident)

:indiff:
 
there's no big difference between dirty drivers and punters.. Dirty drivers cut corners to keep their lead.. for example, one guy in S2K was able to stay in front of me only because he used the run-off area in the beginning of the main straight at Fuji.
 
Back