PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup Season 5 | Rich wins in Spain!

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 389 comments
I might put your battle up. Good stuff going on there.

Looking at the replay, anthony short-pitted so he was in the lead. Spurgy was going to catch up to him with fresher tires and my out lap was really going well. Just a minor holdup and it would've been a three car royale.

Oh, and apologies to Spurgy for all the contact. All my advantage was through the corner and I was having trouble managing the gap. Then I almost blew it big time on the downhill straight when my brakes stopped working and I had to swerve just to avoid disaster. At least I remembered to use the e-brake this time. :crazy:

You and Anthony were really scaring me at points, but you both kept it under control so no worries :P

My pit stop was not short, was the longest of the race (refuel 90ltrs), because I only did one pit stop, it was going to be interesting because I was first, Spur second with fresh tires and Rich third but the faster guy on the track, so, with 6 laps to go I think all could happen!!
Please if someone could send me the replay I am gonna apreciate it!

I have no idea what's happening with Will but until further notice, I will manage this series.

Now, we need better attendance next Saturday. I cannot ask the regulars to find the time to practice and then come into the room with such a small field. If there's not enough committals by Friday, I may just call off the race. Alternatively, we can switch to a different format (minimal practice sprint races or similar) for those that want to continue.

Now the administrative stuff:

Results

20f3jx3.jpg

Fast Laps (Finishers)

2nt9sa9.jpg

Fast Laps (DC'ers Only)

2lbgcj4.jpg

I have to work this weekend so I will not be able to race. Looking forward to the next PURE series though. Hopefully there will be more before GT6.

Hi. Is it possible join a few races if there's an available spot? I am working almost every weekend so it's not possible for me to commit to a series.
I can join tomorrow but won't be able to get on before 20:15 UTC/GMT. I get off work at 20:00. If you need drivers and can wait 20 minutes I am happy to race. Nothinh better than a close good race :)

Depends if we have enough guys for more races - good to see you, wondered if you'd poke your head in :P

I subscribed a few days ago :) It is completely up to you, but if there's low attendance and you can wait 20 minutes, I'll join ans start from the back.
I've done some races with VCRC and is an active member in C.R.A.P. I've also done lots of racing with those who raced in Wurks.ca 24 hour race at Nurb 2012 and 2013.

All right. I will give those who are still following two options:

1. End the Series now
2. Hold one final race

With two, we can either run Nurb GP/D as scheduled or change the venue to an easier track, change wear to normal, and set the field by points. I was thinking ~15 laps at LeMans considering the actual race is just around the corner.

Any track but that one. It bores me to no end.

Do one more race at Nurb GPD as scheduled. If there is good turn out, run the final race.

I have no problem with GP/D. I'd think we'd need a bigger field (10+) to make Sarthe work as it should (I can't think of a real track I don't like these days, but some cars/fields are better for some).

Any track but that one. It bores me to no end.

Do one more race at Nurb GPD as scheduled. If there is good turn out, run the final race.

Will go that route, then. The only change will be that we're ditching the usual Q format. Instead, room reset will come at fifteen minutes before race start. Then it's a free for all. Just don't exit into the race lobby during the session or I won't be able to record times.

I don't know much about what's happening in this series and thread, but it is a fun little car and any track is fun racing at if it is a close race.

If you decide to wait for me, start race if I'm not there by 20:13. If it is like yesterday at work, I won't be home before 20:30. That is too long to wait. I also have another race starting 21:30 and hoping to make that one too

Although I will miss this weekend, I am off next Saturday (6/22) so I will be able to race in the final event at Laguna Seca if it stays on the schedule.

Only 5 lobbies open in the USA. PSN needs a Kit Kat.

Can't find any lobbies now. Time to fire up the BBQ. Enjoy your weekend guys.

Maybe you guys will check out SNAIL SPEC Racing. Lots of aliens there to race with! 50 to 60 racers on Sunday night in 5 separate lounges based on Division.

Last edited:
Only 5 lobbies open in the USA. PSN needs a Kit Kat.
An appropriately inglorious end to this series, I suppose. Maybe people will be more interested come GT6.

On the plus side, I now have the power to update the results on the PURE site. Will do that now. 👍

On the plus side, I now have the power to update the results on the PURE site. Will do that now. 👍

yes, for all his continued help and ambition to make things run smoothly around here we promoted Rich to core member today and gave him the keys to the castle.

feel free to give him a nice pat on the back or smack on the bum. :sly:👍

There was good news and bad news.

The good news is I got my first podium (3rd) in a Pure Event.

The bad news is there were only 3 racers. C'est la vie.

And congratulations Outlaw.

Last edited:
So it wasn't just me that disconnected. Sorry for not rejoining. Had another race starting 20 min after my disconnect. I thought it started 1 hour later but I was asking GMT times and got BST answers...

Latest Posts

Back