PURE | GATE - Suzuka

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,170 comments
Room up:

1472-6118-3658-4755-4662

Closed

I started with the default tune and raised the rear 2 clicks and turned some low 2:06's. I'll find 2:05's hopefully during the week. I can tell I've improved with driving and tuning throughout this series because during the testing before the final regs were set, I could only manage 2:07's at best.

Last edited:
I got bumped by Adventuruss in the first couple of laps at the very end of the second sector. It put me in the dirt and.lost me quite a few spots. I don't know if it was me not leaving him enough room or vise versa so I wasn't complaining yet. I've got a lot to learn with online racing. The consistency just isn't there for me and I make fairly dumb mistakes. Not sure if I'll make the last race because I wont have much time for practice and don't feel like having the aggravation. Its a shame though, I love Suzuka...and enduros.

Jeff, I was trying like hell to catch you after our pitstops but I just couldn't do it. Never could catch the draft. Then I started making mistake after mistake....

I'll practice for Suzuka when I can but I'm only 50% sure I'll make it.

Really? The only person I recall hitting was WiiFreak after I misjudged my braking point being in a draft at the chicane. I have watched my replay very closely after this comment. While lag may have been a factor considering we had 14 people in the lobby, according to my replay, I never even touched you. I almost ran into the back of you when you hit the brakes super early going into turn 15, so I had to maneuver out of the way to not ruin both of our races. Coincidentally, that put me on the inside of you at turn 15. I stayed very low to give you room and the proper racing line, but your back end came out and put you in the gravel. Once again, this could be a lag latency issue, so it could be a different story on your side. Please refrain from throwing me under the bus before you know the full story. I'm not angry, just giving my side of it.

On to a race recap. My race went better than I expected. I moved up the pack at a decent pace and soon found myself having a battle with Wii. unfortunately, the top four had already moved out of draft range, So I wrote off getting a podium in this race. Myself and Wii were having a nice cruise until he pitted on lap 10 while I kept going for another lap. When I came out, he was a good bit ahead after one lap, so I started to do qual pace laps to try to narrow the gap. I finally caught his draft after about 3-4 laps. Only problem is I didn't realize i was doing about 160 mph and trying to brake at my normal braking zone. Long story short, I pretty much T-Boned Wii when I zigged when I should have zagged. Luckily, it didn't damage me and I don't believe it damaged Wii either. Sorry about that Wii. We started to cruise again after that fiasco that I started and I was looking to be in good shape to get 4th. When I tried to pull away is when my race went down hill. I was going to try to pull away from Wii with fresher rubber after the first straight. Sadly, I spun out at Les Combs going down to turn 10 which Wii was luckily able to dodge. I ended up getting right, front damage and lost about ten seconds in the spin. The car was never the same after that so I just had to manage it home while looking at Wii get farther and Cicua get closer after each corner. Eventually Cicua caught up and there was no point in fighting for the position, so I gave it to him and watched him go off in the distance. The last laps were miserable for me, but luckily I was able to finish before the next gaggle of cars could catch up and pass me too. It looked like a great fight up there and I knew I had the pace, but it wasn't in the cards today. That's what happens when you mess up qualifying. :/ Congrats to CSL for the win and Josh for the championship. 👍 Hopefully we can have some nice battles in JGTS 2. :D

^^^ The thing about trying to lose your opponents draft at Spa, is you can't.
Unless you're a far faster driver or have far better tires/cornering car than they do. Basically, you need a large advantage to do it. Very large.

Yep^ when I had my turn at the front of the group of four I tried to pull away and I had no chance because of the straight so all you do is damage your tyres

Yep^ when I had my turn at the front of the group of four I tried to pull away and I had no chance because of the straight so all you do is damage your tyres
I tried to run off on the first lap, and once again shortly after when Alex got all rambunctious straight past us off the track after the straight. IIRC he came right back on in front of you, slowed you in some way a good bit that I gained about a full second, and worked from there. Almost got it, 1.209, I remember it well. :lol:

I misjudged the braking point there on that situation :( and then I wanted to let Josh by, as I feared I was going to slow him down, but of course I didn't have the means to tell him! So we kind of got confused there, and lost a bit too much time :lol: . Sometimes the draft in Spa can be complicated. If I'm on my own, I can brake at the same point on the inside of outside of the corner. But of corse, because of the draft, I was getting 20 more kmh, which is a lot. With that speed, I could brake normally from the outside, but as I realised, not from the inside. Yikes! Fortunately, I did my best to avoid contact with everyone, there. :)

You actually got it, Dom, because you and I stopped at the end of that lap, and when we came back out, I think I was around 2.5 or 3 seconds behind you, because in the end I had been behind Josh before pitting.

But anyway, point is I never try to lose the rivals here with "slow" cars because it's pointless. And even more so because the Lexus is probably the slowest in terms of top speed of the bunch. Which means that even if I got 0.8 or 0.9 advantage in the finish line, I would be caught by the time we arrive at the end of Kemmel Straight, at the highest point of the track. So it's better to assume you're racing in group!

Adventuruss
Really? The only person I recall hitting was WiiFreak after I misjudged my braking point being in a draft at the chicane. I have watched my replay very closely after this comment. While lag may have been a factor considering we had 14 people in the lobby, according to my replay, I never even touched you. I almost ran into the back of you when you hit the brakes super early going into turn 15, so I had to maneuver out of the way to not ruin both of our races. Coincidentally, that put me on the inside of you at turn 15. I stayed very low to give you room and the proper racing line, but your back end came out and put you in the gravel. Once again, this could be a lag latency issue, so it could be a different story on your side. Please refrain from throwing me under the bus before you know the full story. I'm not angry, just giving my side of it.

On to a race recap. My race went better than I expected. I moved up the pack at a decent pace and soon found myself having a battle with Wii. unfortunately, the top four had already moved out of draft range, So I wrote off getting a podium in this race. Myself and Wii were having a nice cruise until he pitted on lap 10 while I kept going for another lap. When I came out, he was a good bit ahead after one lap, so I started to do qual pace laps to try to narrow the gap. I finally caught his draft after about 3-4 laps. Only problem is I didn't realize i was doing about 160 mph and trying to brake at my normal braking zone. Long story short, I pretty much T-Boned Wii when I zigged when I should have zagged. Luckily, it didn't damage me and I don't believe it damaged Wii either. Sorry about that Wii. We started to cruise again after that fiasco that I started and I was looking to be in good shape to get 4th. When I tried to pull away is when my race went down hill. I was going to try to pull away from Wii with fresher rubber after the first straight. Sadly, I spun out at Les Combs going down to turn 10 which Wii was luckily able to dodge. I ended up getting right, front damage and lost about ten seconds in the spin. The car was never the same after that so I just had to manage it home while looking at Wii get farther and Cicua get closer after each corner. Eventually Cicua caught up and there was no point in fighting for the position, so I gave it to him and watched him go off in the distance. The last laps were miserable for me, but luckily I was able to finish before the next gaggle of cars could catch up and pass me too. It looked like a great fight up there and I knew I had the pace, but it wasn't in the cards today. That's what happens when you mess up qualifying. :/ Congrats to CSL for the win and Josh for the championship. 👍 Hopefully we can have some nice battles in JGTS 2. :D

I got bumped but I thought it was somewhat my fault so I'm not aggravated about it. I'll review the replay anyways before I claim anything else because I can't remember.

I got bumped but I thought it was somewhat my fault so I'm not aggravated about it. I'll review the replay anyways before I claim anything else because I can't remember.

Lol, it's all good man. No need for more review on both our parts. Its in the past now.

Trajikone passed me there. He had a better run approaching it and once he pulled alongside my rear wheel, I lifted slightly so we could take the corner side by side. I stayed tight and he stayed wide. It is possible but it requires both drivers to hold there own line and respect the other cars line. I had a great battle with Trajikone for about 20 laps, wheel to wheel. Not once did we touch. It was a real pleasure to race with him. 👍

There was a lot of side by side and overtaking back and forth, it was a lot of fun. Cause like you said we both respected each others space. When i pulled of your draft up kemmel my car just stalled and nose to nose we go. Couldnt pass you there. Had the 3 of us together with fox for a while. Another move that was hella cool and clean. 4 or 5 of us were going up the hill, before Les Combes, 3 wide, adven (left) wii (center) twist to the right, with a huge draft no where to go I bump draft wii ahead and I sneak into the turn with him. Lost my spot shortly after but was cool.

Jash
room open : 1472-6118-3787-3250-2116

a friend for watch my Q ? :)

If I would've seen this 20 minutes ago I would help ya. Désole (I think thats sorry). I'll be needing to Q later also. Hopefully we can get a full grid this weekend!

Just a heads up that I won't be racing tomorrow as we're having family over. Good luck with the finale 👍

Qual/practice room up: 1472-6118-4130-9221-521

I am looking to qualify before it gets late tonight.

Haha, heading over to Jash's room.

Jashugan01:
Lap1: 2:05.475
Lap2: 2:07.756

Last edited:
What are you doing here, Josh? :D 👍

I have to say I'm happy with my lap! I had a PB of 2:04.8xx before quali, and I was already content with it. Then my first lap saw a couple of moments, and I thought second lap would be useless. Especially when some people left, and some people came in, so I had the dialog box open all the time :lol: . To be honest, I'm lucky that, for once, I felt "in the zone", so it didn't bother me.

We'll see if the time is as good as the feeling, but at least, this felt like my best qualifying lap of the season :) . Thanks for stewarding, Simon!

hellboy:
Lap1: 2:05.633 (dirty at degner2 exit)
Lap2: 2:05.735 (clean)

cicua (watched by hellboy and gv27):
Lap1: 2:05.214 (questionable?)
Lap2: 2:05.071

Did a surprise PB of 2:04.624 just before, but suddenly got too nervous to do first turns and last chikane properly :(

Last edited:
I might not race tomorrow as I'm a little sick. Just depends how I feel tomorrow plus if there is room for me to start at the back of the grid

cicua
hellboy:
Lap1: 2:05.633 (dirty at degner2 exit)
Lap2: 2:05.735 (clean)

cicua (watched by hellboy and gv27):
Lap1: 2:05.214 (questionable?)
Lap2: 2:05.071

Did a surprise PB of 2:04.624 just before, but suddenly got too nervous to do first turns and last chikane properly :(

Hells yeah. I'm not too far off pace from you guys. Pb was a 2:05.416 and I know I can go faster a tiny bit. Hopefully I don't fubar Q!

Back