PURE | JGTS - Going on strong and adapting in the face of change!

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,412 comments
Fall back spring forward :D

Why yes, that just might work. I wouldn't mind, we'll see if it'll be best while everything's cooking in the background and being set.

Thanks outlaw.

I am definitely interested. I'm really eager to find out more about this, but count me in nevertheless. The time we race at seems to be quite fine for me, as well.

Looking good!

Thanks GV, would be great to have you.

Looks more and more likely that the qualifying will split the +20 drivers into two divisions on race day.

Info. on machine selection process coming shortly.

I'm gonna have to wake up early for this... :lol:
Looking forward to it.👍

If it were moved to 4-5pm GMT then I could make it. If its at 6 then there's no time for dinner before the MX5 race :P

I'm interested though, but no high hopes because I really struggle with throttle management on the DS3, high power cars like this are a nightmare. /excuses :sly: But if it brings about close competitive racing then i'm all for it! 👍

The focus on collaboration and respect is a good foundation. It sounds like a serious racing series with enough flexibility to accommodate real life. The two heat system sounds fun as well. Giving us slowpokes a chance at the front should be interesting!

I've never seriously raced a race car online, though, so I have a few questions. How big of a factor is testing and tuning? Will there be open discussion on the forum about setups for each race, or will the fastest setups be closely guarded secrets?

In any case, the only other series I have going is a reserve spot in the FMSC, so count me in! Thanks!!!

The focus on collaboration and respect is a good foundation. It sounds like a serious racing series with enough flexibility to accommodate real life. The two heat system sounds fun as well. Giving us slowpokes a chance at the front should be interesting!

I've never seriously raced a race car online, though, so I have a few questions. How big of a factor is testing and tuning? Will there be open discussion on the forum about setups for each race, or will the fastest setups be closely guarded secrets?

In any case, the only other series I have going is a reserve spot in the FMSC, so count me in! Thanks!!!

Hi!

Well, we are going to race in teams, so you'll at least have one team member to ask for an advice or two.
The rest of this pack is all very humble and helpful souls.

I'd love to share a setup, or give you a tip or two (don't know if it will help you at all though), and I'm sure all in here feels the same way.

But if I race you in the last round, fighting for 1st, I will not give you my setup. ;)

I'm willing to share whatever tunes I come up with, I never saw a reason to keep secrets, there's nothing anyone else can't figure out through testing and tuning, plus what works for one doesn't always work for another, but it never hurts to try.
Plus if people hadn't shared with me, I'd still be in the dark ages of just adjusting downforce, transmission and camber settings as I did for years before, so I try to pay it forward, as they say.

Wow, this is looking tough. What a lineup of drivers in here, as tough as the FMSC. This is looking great.

Appreciate the question Nep. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clear that aspect up a bit... know that with our attention to detail, all cars in the championship will have full parity. Settings have been tweaked from an older formula in order to bring about the most diverse and well matched field possible. Stealth cars will also be added to the team roster.

Part of the first phase of this series is to see whether people can put enough faith forward based on the core goal of the series alone without needing to see all of it at once. It will slowly be rolled out over the week.

Glad to hear that Wardez! Hopefully, you guys can find a way for this to do not interfere with FMSC.

Glad to hear that Wardez! Hopefully, you guys can find a way for this to do not interfere with FMSC.

Our main priority is to NOT interfere with FMSC.
That's why the proposed time is what it is.. Not too early for U.S.A West Coast, completed before FMSC, and not too late for Europeans. 👍

Perhaps we could move the race a tad either direction as a tweak though.

Btw: To stay true to our PURE guidelines regarding contribution and democracy, I'd like to throw something out there for you invited guys to have a say about..
Initial interest is huge, and because of that, me and Wardez are discussiong what to do if we'll have around 35 drivers signed up.
1. Should we create 2 divisions, where top 14 times race in 1 room (D1), and 15-28 in another room (D2), and the rest will be on the waitinglist (Or 3 divisions depending on the amount of sign-ups)? With this method, we need to adjust the point system, and also tweak the proposed minimum race percentage completion to make sure D2 drivers can earn more points by beeing moved up accordingly depending on DC's from the D1 room
Or:
2. Should we run 2 paralell rooms (Same point system in both rooms), where we perhaps can tweak the Green Flag time a bit to suit some of us better than the proposed Green Flag time?
In this proposal, you drivers will state prior the Championship kicks off wich time frame suits you best, and you're assigned to race in your room of choice. You will have to stay in that room. If a spot opens up in the other room, and that time suits you better that week, you're free to switch rooms, but only if there is space.

Last edited:
Option 2.
I've no idea how many drivers there will be, but I'd say 3 rooms of 10 is better then 2 rooms of 14, in the event of 30 drivers. Less chances of connection issues, less gruesome on small tracks, still big enough to satisfy. (We all know positions earned are more satisfying in bigger rooms :lol: )
Plus that way nobody gets left out, I think that's a fast track to disappearance.

BTW, I think I've uncoded the point system for option 2, and think it add's a very interesting twist.

Be really cool to take the top ten qualifiers and lock them in the A main. Now have a B main with 11-24 qualifiers. Let them battle it out the day before the A main or just before. Then top four advance to A main.

Thus having a 14 car field fir A main. Four of the slower qualifiers will have proven they got drive and finished high enough to earn a spot in the feature event.

Points can be taken from many places. This is a common format. They even include a C main if needed. I think only winner Advances in C main.

Also the other could be lock top 12 bring up 2.

Or not at all ;) just tossing ideas.

I like option 1.

The only advantage I see for option 2 is a flexible start time. Option 1 should provide better competition by more closely matching drivers of comparable skill.

Saturday night short track style,interesting.B and C race would have to be shorter of course and i assume that the rest that dont transfer get some points.

About to sit down for dinner, so I haven't read the whole thread yet. Just saw the pm and wanted to reply.

Of course I am in!!!

A couple other people that might be up for consideration:
Forcednduckshn
Joeyfast22(Forced's twin brother)
and pretty much anyone else from the GTAcademy that we have raced with,
Gar, Choate,T/A, Blindside, Specmiata, etc..

1. Should we create 2 divisions, where top 14 times race in 1 room (D1), and 15-28 in another room (D2), and the rest will be on the waitinglist (Or 3 divisions depending on the amount of sign-ups)? With this method, we need to adjust the point system, and also tweak the proposed minimum race percentage completion to make sure D2 drivers can earn more points by beeing moved up accordingly depending on DC's from the D1 room.
Or:
2. Should we run 2 paralell rooms (Same point system in both rooms), where we perhaps can tweak the Green Flag time a bit to suit some of us better than the proposed Green Flag time?
In this proposal, you drivers will state prior the Championship kicks off wich time frame suits you best, and you're assigned to race in your room of choice. You will have to stay in that room. If a spot opens up in the other room, and that time suits you better that week, you're free to switch rooms, but only if there is space.

Addition to proposal nr 2:
When the 2 paralell series are completed, top 7 (If we run 14 car grids) will race in one major final.
Ponints aquired in the ground series determin each drivers grid spot for race day (Or we can run a qualifier as usual. Could be an epic one thinking about the level of the drivers that will race there).
Or we could use a 1 vs 1 format, sprint race knock out competition.
It would go down something like this (Same as WSGTC for those of you that know how we do it in there):
Top 4 from each series battle eachother out.

Quarter Finals
Race 1. Series GREEN 1st vs Series RED 4th
Race 2. Series GREEN 2nd vs Series RED 3rd
Race 3. Series GREEN 3rd vs Series RED 2nd
Race 4. Series GREEN 4th vs Series RED 1st

Semi Finals
Race 5. Winner R1 vs Winner R2
Race 6. Winner R3 vs Winner R4

Finals
Race 7. Looser R5 vs Looser R6 (for 3rd and 4th)
Race 8. Winner R5 vs Winner R6 (For the overall championship)

Last edited:
Addition to proposal nr 2:
When the 2 paralell series are completed, top 7 (If we run 14 car grids) will race in one major final.
Ponints aquired in the ground series determin each drivers grid spot for race day (Or we can run a qualifier as usual. Could be an epic one thinking about the level of the drivers that will race there).

If two parallel series are run, I like this idea more than WSGTC knockout method. This way, 14 drivers can feel the rush of a final event compared to four drivers in the knockout method.

I wholeheartedly approve of that idea Denilson. +1 Nas. Awesome ideas all around guys.

@Rees
Welcome aboard man, hope we can live up to the expectation ;)👍

Also, I invited JSW (I knew it was a slim chance but thought I'd send an invite anyway since he's a good guy. He'll be busy so he respectfully declined), Forced, and Blindside.

btw you can go ahead and forward the PM I sent you to the rest you listed and it'll serve as an official invite. Thanks!

If two parallel series are run, I like this idea more than WSGTC knockout method. This way, 14 drivers can feel the rush of a final event compared to four drivers in the knockout method.

It will be 8 drivers in the final, but I hear you. 👍

If two parallel series are run, I like this idea more than WSGTC knockout method. This way, 14 drivers can feel the rush of a final event compared to four eight drivers in the knockout method.
I agree, 1 on 1 knockouts are great fun, but I'm not convinced they're the best way to go for a series title.

Option 1. You're competing against more drivers with more similar skill levels to you. It's the only way you can go about it if you're after 'PURE' racing. None of this 'one division is more competitive than the other' like in WSGTC, thanks. 👍

I agree, to an extent.

Well then that leaves the question of how said drivers should be ranked, if we went with option 1.

Pre-season qualifier over two tracks (one high speed, one technical, same car) where the average place ranks you?

Even though I'll probably end up on Division 2, I still agree with option 1, sort of. And pre-season qualifier over two tracks makes a lot of sense indeed.

Wardez, you know I'm in for this. Not sure if I'll be a full-timer yet or anything, though. But at the very least it'll be good for some more practice with the new wheel.

Get an official list and have the racers rate each other. Obvious a private type of deal.

Be a good place to start. Very solid information would come from it beings it would be based on many races over a period of time.

Then from that you can get an idea of where to stack drivers. Do you wanna put all the aliens together? Keep some slower guys in with aliens to help improve said slower guys? Does this punish the Aliens?

Why cant each weeks qualifying dictate what room they are in?

Because then a fast driver who has an unlucky moment qualifying ends up in division 2, has probably an uninteresting race,and can't fight for 1st place.

Latest Posts

Back