PURE | JGTS - Going on strong and adapting in the face of change!

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,412 comments
You should move me on the non 100% list as i dont have a wheel right now and i'm not sure i can get one before the championship starts.

Thanks man, hope that all gets sorted soon.

Im in. I hate rolling starts but this should be good fun after the green. ;)

Awesome, thanks for the go-ahead 👍

hah, definitely man, will try 👍 👍 👍 👍

G'day chaps :)

I have just one question (and no time to read the entire thread) -

How much time will this take each week on average? Seems like a good idea.... I've had an invite to another race series and WRS takes up alot of my GT time allocation, so I can't say a firm yes just now.

Thanks for the invite though Dom. (I spy a Rees in there somewhere too - where you been hiding mate?)

Hey Vagabond nice to see you again! Glad we could grab your attention :D.

Well, you know... time wise, for your level of course, I'd say, maybe two hours of practice for each week's track. Then you just ask one of us to get into a room to watch you do your 3 laps annnnd you're done till Sunday.

Btw the qualifying deadline wiill be something like midnight PST on Saturday, around GMT 08:00 Sunday.

Sounds ok ...and an hour's racing on the Sunday?

Is everyone tuning there own car or using a standard setup?

OK that's 3 questions thus far.... :dopey:

Ok, so now the really funny part.. CARS! :D

It would be great if you guys would try them out with the specs stated, and post your times and hava say about the level of mods/Suggested PP etc.

Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R: Stock, Full Aero, 610 pp
Nissan CASONIC IMPUL GT-R: Stock, Full Aero, 610 pp
Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R: Stock, Full Aero, 610 pp
Nissan ADVAN CLARION GT-R: Any tune, Full Aero, 616 pp
Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R: Engine Stage 3, Full Aero, 610 pp
Nissan STEALTH GT500 GT-R: Full Aero, Use the Power Limiter to get it down to 610 pp
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z: Stock, Full Aero, Use the Power Limiter to get it down to 612 pp
Honda ARTA NSX: Engine Stage 3, Full Aero, 604 pp
Honda RAYBRIG NSX: Engine Stage 3, Full Aero, 604 pp
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX: Engine Stage 3, Full Aero, 604 pp
Honda STEALTH GT500 NSX: Full Aero, Use the Power Limiter to get it down to 604 pp
Honda EPSON NSX: Any tune, Full Aero, 610 pp
Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430: Turbo Stage 2, Full Aero, 610 pp
Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430: Turbo Stage 2, Full Aero, 610 pp
Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430: Any Upgrade, Full Aero, 616 pp
Lexus ENEOS SC430: Any Upgrade, Full Aero, 616 pp
Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA: Stock, Full Aero, Use the Power Limiter to get it down to 614 pp
Toyota YELLOWHAT SUPRA: Engine Stage 3, Full Aero, 608 pp

Last edited:
We'll be providing a bunch of set-ups all the time, every one's highly encouraged to post their set-up.

We're even thinking of adding some sort of incentive for posting your tunes... possibly.

Not that you'll need it xD

But yes, there'll also be teams so there's that.

And racing will be about an hour long regularly. With a couple longer enduros thrown in.

Also, guys, we're thinking of replacing one of the Suzukas with, dun dun dun, Monza. Further testing being needed.

Cheers, I'm off to work!

G'day chaps :)

I have just one question (and no time to read the entire thread) -

How much time will this take each week on average? Seems like a good idea.... I've had an invite to another race series and WRS takes up alot of my GT time allocation, so I can't say a firm yes just now.

Thanks for the invite though Dom. (I spy a Rees in there somewhere too - where you been hiding mate?)
Good to see you pop in, hopefully you can make it. 👍

Ok, so now the really funny part.. CARS! :D

It would be great if you guys would try them out with the specs stated, and post your times and hava say about the level of mods/Suggested PP etc.

Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R: Stock, Full Aero, 610 pp
Nissan CASONIC IMPUL GT-R: Stock, Full Aero, 610 pp
Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R: Stock, Full Aero, 610 pp
Nissan ADVAN CLARION GT-R: Any tune, Full Aero, 616 pp
Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R: Engine Stage 3, Full Aero, 610 pp
Nissan STEALTH GT500 GT-R: Full Aero, Use the Power Limiter to get it down to 610 pp
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z: Stock, Full Aero, Use the Power Limiter to get it down to 612 pp
Honda ARTA NSX: Engine Stage 3, Full Aero, 604 pp
Honda RAYBRIG NSX: Engine Stage 3, Full Aero, 604 pp
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX: Engine Stage 3, Full Aero, 604 pp
Honda STEALTH GT500 NSX: Full Aero, Use the Power Limiter to get it down to 604 pp
Honda EPSON NSX: Any tune, Full Aero, 610 pp
Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430: Turbo Stage 2, Full Aero, 610 pp
Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430: Turbo Stage 2, Full Aero, 610 pp
Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430: Any Upgrade, Full Aero, 616 pp
Lexus ENEOS SC430: Any Upgrade, Full Aero, 616 pp
Toyota CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA: Stock, Full Aero, Use the Power Limiter to get it down to 614 pp
Toyota YELLOWHAT SUPRA: Engine Stage 3, Full Aero, 608 pp
Only weighs 1050KG, in case that hasn't been noted yet, also comes with 545HP.

I will go through and re-set my SuperGT lineup and give them all some runs later. :cheers:

Good to see you pop in, hopefully you can make it. 👍

Only weighs 1050KG, in case that hasn't been noted yet, also comes with 545HP.

I will go through and re-set my SuperGT lineup and give them all some runs later. :cheers:

I knew the specs were different.. That's why it have to be down tuned to 610 pp. And since the weight is lower, bhp won't be the same as for the other GT-R's (518).

I don't got any stealth car, so it will be interesting to see how well testing goes.

Put me down as a maybe. I'm not that great when it comes to full-on race cars, mainly because I can't tune worth a damn, and second because they scare me. :lol: I also can't guarantee that I'll be at every race.

Put me down as a maybe. I'm not that great when it comes to full-on race cars, mainly because I can't tune worth a damn, and second because they scare me. :lol: I also can't guarantee that I'll be at every race.

nice to have you in here, if "only" for a "maybe" 👍

OP updated.

What the hell...I guess I'm in. With my PC being a bit crippled atm (and more important priorties to pay for), leaving iRacing out of the question, I thought this might be a good time to jump back to GT5 for a bit of fun.

Tommorow I plan on locking myself in the closet (I mean online lobby lol) in order to try and polish off some of the massive rust that has likely collected since GT Academy :lol:

Geez what a lineup of drivers in here!! I thought the Miatas were insane, but this looks its going to be as or more insane!! Wow! Cant believe Im among you guys, I feel so special right now.:D

Thanks a lot for throwing your hat in Brock, you're just the type we like to see. 👍

Ladies and gentlemen - in the words of a certain maintenance man that fixed my heater last week: it's on.

The Outlaw: Glad to have you here. 👍

Me and Wardez wanted to create a championship where we invited the fastest, cleanest most respectful and humble group of drivers tha GTP has to offer.
When I sat down to try and remember all the epic guys I've encountered during my last year here at GTP, I for sure came to think about you. But since the SLS qualifier (SuperSic and The Outlaw wanted to gather a fast group of drivers for a Sports Car Championship), when you told me you should dedicate your online efforts to iRacing I did not for a second think that you'd be interested.
But the out of nowhere, I saw you viewing the forum and went for it since I know we have an epic series comming up.. I really think that this series will be something really special.
Really glad to have you here. I can see you, SuperSic, Andil, Aderrrm and Remy have some epic battles! Hope the rest of you lot don't feel offended.. But these guys are really something else. Something for the rest of us to aim for even though we are far from a slow group.
I know it will push me to improve!

I'll update the OP with your name. 👍

Thanks for the welcome gents! It's my pleasure to be racing along side you guys :cheers:

Now I need to talk to SuperSic about finding him another wheel...errr, handle bars I mean :lol:

Last edited:
Tommorow I plan on locking myself in the closet (I mean online lobby lol) in order to try and polish off some of the massive rust that has likely collected since GT Academy :lol:

Lol, I was planning on locking myself on iRacing for a weekend to try and bone up. Dealing with GT5 after learning to deal with bumpy tracks and feather touch accelerators is much easier I find. I figure if I can learn to drive the v8 at a reasonable pace, GT500 cars should be a doddle.

Unfortunately, I'm still awful at iRacing. :irked::irked:

I stumbled across this and thought it may give someone a chuckle. :)

DRAMATIC-CHIPMUNK.jpg

The Outlaw: Glad to have you here. 👍

Me and Wardez wanted to create a championship where we invited the fastest, cleanest most respectful and humble group of drivers tha GTP has to offer.
When I sat down to try and remember all the epic guys I've encountered during my last year here at GTP, I for sure came to think about you. But since the SLS qualifier (SuperSic and The Outlaw wanted to gather a fast group of drivers for a Sports Car Championship), when you told me you should dedicate your online efforts to iRacing I did not for a second think that you'd be interested.
But the out of nowhere, I saw you viewing the forum and went for it since I know we have an epic series comming up.. I really think that this series will be something really special.
Really glad to have you here. I can see you, SuperSic, Andil, Aderrrm and Remy have some epic battles! Hope the rest of you lot don't feel offended.. But these guys are really something else. Something for the rest of us to aim for even though we are far from a slow group.
I know it will push me to improve!

I'll update the OP with your name. 👍

Hmmm 4 aliens... Thank god I know three of them, and one of them unknown to me :scared:. I better step it up if I want to be at the top. BRING IT ON!!

@Wardez,Denilson

I see i am on the Reserve/need confirmation list.
I also see that racing is on Sunday 6pm GMT which is perfect for me.
So if there is room for me i am available and i will be at every race :)

Thanks

Next topic for discussion:

Schedule. Not the actual races, but the dates.
We aim to start Race 1, Sunday, Nov 13th, or Sunday 20th.
No matter when we start, we will face a few obsticles along the way.
Nov 24-27th: Thanks Giving
Dec 25th: X-mas
Jan 1st: For the guys in the west, it may be a challange to make the start time.. I my self would've been ****D UP by that time to be honest.
So, take alook at this proposal, and have a say if it makes sence.

1, Nov 13th. Suzuka - No weather, 2 Heats.​
Heat 1 - 175 km.
Heat 2 - 50 km (Mandatory pit, half points, reverse the grid order, not the result).​
2, Nov 20th. Indianapolis Road - 1 Race - 175 km.​
3, Dec 4th. Spa Francorchamps - 2 Heats - No Weather.​
Heat 1 - 175 km.
Heat 2 - 50 km (Mandatory pit, half points, reverse the grid order, not the result).​
4, Dec 11th. Monaco - 2 Heats.​
Heat 1 - 175 km.
5, Dec 18th. Nurburgring 24h - Time/ No Weather - Enduro - 1 race - 300 km.​
6, Jan 8th. Circuit De La Sarthe - Time/Weather - Enduro - 1 race - 300 km.​
7, Jan 15th. Laguna Seca - 2 Heats.​
Heat 1 - 175 km
8, Jan 22nd. Nurburgring GP/F - 1 race - 175 km.​
9, Jan 29th. Spa Francorchamps - Weather - enduro - 1 race - 250 km.​
10, Feb 5th. Suzuka - Weather - enduro - 1 race - 250 km.​

Last edited:
This looks like it's shaping up to be awesome, though sadly I can not make that time of day on a Sunday. I might be able to fill in some time if a place becomes available though.
BTW awesome track choice, just makes me even sadder that I can't compete.
Good luck guys 👍

Just to make sure, Denilson, the first race on the 13th is after Abu Dhabi F1 race is over?

And I see I'm on the "need confirmation" list at the OP, but count me in 100%!!

At these specs, I don't see anyone jumping into an NSX.

I may have found a way to better equal the field, which would require an effort in ballast.
A ballast to make every car in the field weigh 1150kg is the only way I can see to avoid either a: The NSX dominates high-speed tracks and loses on tighter tracks, or b: The NSX has marginal advantage at the fastest tracks, loses ground everywhere else.

The more complicated option then a field at 1150kg, is a field with no ballast on the NSX, but some to most other cars, but the NSX will remain harder to drive and it's more complicated.

Last edited:
The more complicated option then a field at 1150kg, is a field with no ballast on the NSX, but some to most other cars, but the NSX will remain harder to drive and it's more complicated.

Ya I agree. If the NSX was slower than the GTRs in WSGTC still needs more power given to it, the gap between the NSX's times on the faster circuits and the GTRs times on the tighter circuits will increase even more.

Latest Posts

Back