PURE | JGTS - Going on strong and adapting in the face of change!

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,412 comments
how about a combination of option 1, 2 and 3?
run a qualifier to determine teams (p1,p10; p2,p9; p3,p8; etc...) then let the teams chose their top 3, tie breakers based on qualifying speed.

run a qualifier to determine teams (p1,p10; p2,p9; p3,p8; etc...) then let the teams chose their top 3, tie breakers based on qualifying speed.

In that case it'd be neat to see teams leveled through the qualifier.

In that case it'd be neat to see teams leveled through the qualifier.

👍👍👍

If there is to be a truly competitive Team championship then this is the way to go.

Ok, thank you guys again.. Option 2 it is.

I hear Dr_Watsons idea about deciding the teams thru a qualifier, but it will interfear with peoples individual choices.

NOTE: Regarding the teams. I don't think we need to put that much effort in making the teams. All drivers invited to this are equaly fast, and as far as Aderrrm and SuperSic don't race in the same team, I garauntee that the team standings will be a compatible table thru the season. What's important is that both drivers race on a regular basis, more than who's in wich team imo.

We'll go with Option 2.

Next: The pointsytem?
Skip the details. All I want is to discuss if the 2 divisions (As that's how we'll most likely will go) point tables should overlap eachother, and if so, how much?

Options:
1. Straight point system thru all divisions. D2 point system is simply an extention from the D1 point sytsem. I.e D1:14 earn, let's say16p and D2:1 earn let's say 15p

2. The point tables overlap eachother.
Winner in D2 earn same points as D1:14th. Or any tweak similar to this.

Ok, thank you guys again.. Option 2 it is.

I hear Dr_Watsons idea about deciding the teams thru a qualifier, but it will interfear with peoples individual choices.

We'll go with Option 2.

Next: The pointsytem?
Skip the details. All I want is to discuss if the 2 divisions (As that's how we'll most likely will go) point tables should overlap eachother, and if so, how much?

Options:
1. Straight point system thru all divisions. D2 point system is simply an extention from the D1 point sytsem. I.e D1:14 earn, let's say16p and D2:1 earn let's say 15p

2. The point tables overlap eachother.
Winner in D2 earn same points as D1:14th. Or any tweak similar to this.

NOTE: Regarding the teams. I don't think we need to put that much effort in making the teams. All drivers invited to this are equaly fast, and as far as Aderrrm and SuperSic don't race in the same team, I garauntee that the team standings will be a compatible table thru the season. What's important is that both drivers race on a regular basis, more than who's in wich team imo.

Option 2 again. With option 1, it is almost like you are saying it will take the same amount of effort to finish last in D1 as it will to finish first in D2, which will almost certainly not be the case, considering the level of skill in this series.

i agree it for sure will take more to win in D2 than come last in D1 so option 2 sounds much better (ill be running in the bottom of D2 anyway so it wont make any difference to me :lol:)

Option 2 on points.

I also like the idea of teams being based on performance. In the end it should net a super close team battle. Which just another level of excitement and something else to run for!

Option 2 again. With option 1, it is almost like you are saying it will take the same amount of effort to finish last in D1 as it will to finish first in D2, which will almost certainly not be the case, considering the level of skill in this series.

I'm not saying anything..
Putting out options for you to discuss. 👍

Well guys, it's been an exciting few planning days so far. After considerable effort on the invitation side of things. That stage is about done (I'm expecting just a couple more entries to trickle in over the while).

This is our driver list so far, I've separated it into people that've stated their full intention to race and stick with the series and those who, due to time or other factors, still aren't fully sure if they're dedicated or might want to be put down as a reserve.

We've got 28 drivers in this list. All who've provided good responses and feedback, might I add. This is a perfect amount for 2 divisions of 14 drivers each. I plan on allowing up to 6 reserve drivers. Bringing the maximum driver total to 34, so if you know of any driver who may share our passion, please feel free to forward them an invite as they'll be warmly welcomed.

The best thing about this list is that I would easily trust every single one of them to be race stewards. But this is a different series than most, we all know what it takes to make a series this big perform, so I nominate to remove all titles.

This is your series guys, for us by us, no stewards or admins, the load of the backend and results of the series falls unto Dennis and I, but you can think of us as just the volunteer custodians who choose to stay in the room a little longer after every one's left to archive the minutes of the "meeting."

Absolute purity: (btw yes, the logo's a filter with the gradient representing progress xD)

100% in:
RIP_Welsh_Don
Joshua1994
bluesix
Aderrrm
IforceV8
Wardez
Denilson
CSLACR
Mule_9242
Paginas1
Biffy
OwensRacing
TheMinion
Imari
Nastradamus87
redreevos
Alien96
paulmac2k9
WiiFreak
Scanny_Flick

Still need full confirmation/ and reserve drivers:​
Andil
GV27
Dr_Watson
Outlaw4rc
Nepalii
Snaeper
MaccGyver
AllinWitJT
Supersic​

(feel free to comment on the list if you feel you may need to be moved from one list to the other. thanks)

Last edited:
I havent cofirmed my spot here because I dont know any details yet regarding the day/time we are racing as well as regulations and rules. Once all of this is released then I'll let you know if I want to race or not. 👍

That's because we're all helping make it. You can think of it as every one circled around a big piece of clay and we're all shaping it together in a total hetero sexual way. While you're standing in the background like, " hmm, well I'd like to help, but first I wanna know what we're making"

Come make it! xD

But yes, basics:
  • it's on Sunday,
  • racing hard tires,
  • around 18:00 GMT,
  • no assists allowed besides ABS 1,
  • heavy damage,
  • full car parity,
  • rolling starts,
  • 175km to 300km races,
  • we will check the weather of the actual location of the track we're racing on in real life for the time we race and will be setting our weather according to real life conditions for tracks that support weather,
  • there will be a simple penalty system that doesn't get factored till the end of the season so all race results are official straight away,
  • qualifying is still to be determined,
  • *provisional* schedule's on the first page,
  • people who don't let us know of their absences will be dropped like a rock unless there's a good explanation (no "disappearing" tolerated),
  • guidelines for racing will be a tweaked version of the OLR,
  • there will be a full winner's ballast system only for use in the race,
  • slipstream will be set to weak,
  • thinking about allowing mics (not sure yet),
  • 14 driver max grids,
  • points system is still being determined,
  • there will be teams, number of cars per team is still tbd,
  • pit stops will not be mandatory in heat sprint races.

Let me know if there's anything else concerning you 👍

Thanks Wii, changed 👍

Last edited:
All sounds good, but could you make it to 19:00GMT? 18:00GM is 1PM EST and i usually have lunch at that time so might not suit me so well. Of course, if this is ok with everyone. Dont like much the fact of having full car parity. Are all cars having the exact HP or is it well balanced cars?! I'll wait for the qualifying procedure and I'll let you know. Its hard to decide as there is going to be season 3 of WSGTC. Dont know if I should run both this and WSGTC.

All sounds good, but could you make it to 19:00GMT? 18:00GM is 1PM EST and i usually have lunch at that time so might not suit me so well. Of course, if this is ok with everyone. Dont like much the fact of having full car parity. Are all cars having the exact HP or is it well balanced cars?! I'll wait for the qualifying procedure and I'll let you know. Its hard to decide as there is going to be season 3 of WSGTC. Dont know if I should run both this and WSGTC.
I think it's close to WSGTC spec GT500 cars.

18.30 could be good for me as well. If the majority is ok with 18.00 fine by me, I will just eat earlier:D

Edit: @CSL If that's the case, then great for me! :)

Wardez
Bringing the maximum driver total to 34, so if you know of any driver who may share our passion, please feel free to forward them an invite as they'll be warmly welcomed.
I have possibilities in mind, I'll see if they're interested to have them come take a look. 👍

I think it's close to WSGTC spec GT500 cars.

Reason to the start time is to not interfere with other major series beeing run here at GTP.

Cars will have the same specs as WSGTC with a few small tweaks, but pretty much the same. Not "parity" in "same HP/weight" ratio.. Parity as in equal over the entire season in pace.
Some cars might shine at Sarthe, and some at Monaco.

Reason to the start time is to not interfere with other major series beeing run here at GTP.

Cars will have the same specs as WSGTC with a few small tweaks, but pretty much the same. Not "parity" in "same HP/weight" ratio.. Parity as in equal over the entire season in pace.
Some cars might shine at Sarthe, and some at Monaco.

Glad to hear that. 👍

I'm not in any list!!

Count me in Wardez, 100% 👍

We could not send you a request bacause your PM box was full.. But I believe I managed to send you an invite a few days ago, right?

Good to have you around! 👍

Vagabond, yanaran - I sent these two an invite, so they might pop in, don't know yet.

Just so you guys know if they do turn up. :cheers:

Vagabond, yanaran - I sent these two an invite, so they might pop in, don't know yet.

Just so you guys know if they do turn up. :cheers:

If they do, Division 2 it is :sly: Very fast, clean drivers from my experience 👍

Tbh, with this line up, I don't care wich D I'll race in.. The racing is going to be epic no mather what.. 👍

The OP is starting to come together soon. Please keep posting your say about the subjects I've listed thru the thread.

And if you got any questions, just ask. 👍

This thing should be up and running within 2 weeks. :cheers:

You should move me on the non 100% list as i dont have a wheel right now and i'm not sure i can get one before the championship starts.

Back