Pure Speculation

  • Thread starter Thread starter olCOWBOYSlo
  • 35 comments
  • 1,883 views
Not at all. I'm saying that if you earn a X2010 at level 30 or 35, you can drive it all you want. But since you have to be level 40 to buy it from the dealership, you should be level 40 to trade or receive it via gift.

Another example the CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08 is a Level 13 car. You have to be level 13 to buy it. If your level 12, you are denied at the dealership. Same should go for trading.

Sounds like you're adding needless complication to something that isn't broken.

If I win the Vettel Challenge with all golds, and a friend does it with bronze, I can't trade him or give him the Carbon X2010 until we both hit L40?

Would this apply to ALL cars at ALL levels, or just the higher levels? If I'm at L40 and one of my kids is at L10, I can't give them an L12 car that might help them along? Let's be honest: not everyone is going to be able to beat every race in an "evenly matched" car. I used to autocross an underpowered Honda CRX, and there was a guy with a dyno-tuned 686hp Hennessy Viper Twin Turbo, and he just flat could not figure out how I consistently beat his best times by 2 to 4 seconds per run. He ran full slicks; I ran DOT-rated street-legal rubber. His problem was that he just couldn't tame the car (in fairness, I'm sure *I* couldn't have tamed that beast, either!). While I was getting just about the last ounce of performance out of my car, he couldn't breathe on his throttle, lest it break traction and spin out.

Basically, what you seem to be lobbying for is a way to keep "lesser" drivers, those who aren't quite "elite" enough to have gotten to L35 B-spec (and what a feat of driving THAT requires, eh? ;) ), from getting a car you don't think they're worthy of.

But what do you care whether they can master that car or not? It's not a real car, nobody's really going to die if them smack a virtual car into a virtual wall.

At the very least, you should be able to trade X2010s with anyone who has hit L30 in A-spec or B-spec, because that's the point at which the car becomes AVAILABLE in the game.
 
Its a game with a level system already put in place. As you progress in levels, you get access to better cars at the dealerships. I'm not saying that you need an even powered car for each race. Even I rarely do that. But for every ASpec/BSpec race level, there is a same level car available to overpower the competition. Or even upgrade/tune to beat the competition.

I think it should be all cars at all levels. I personally haven't started trading until recently so every car that I bought until then was purchased according to the level that I was at the time. I completely understand that it was my choice not to trade earlier for a higher level car. I am not wronging anybody for trading higher level cars but if this system was put into place in the first place, I do not think it would of gotten out of hand so quickly.

I was just using the x2010 as an example but even if it was set to level 30, its better then nothing. Mastering this imaginary car is not a concern to me. Its not hard to get level 35 BSpec like you said. Just time consuming. I don't even like driving it myself.

On a side note, I use to autocross also. I always loved seeing the corvette guys come out and wonder why there lap times were so slow. I've driven a Z06 with race rubber and could not keep that thing straight. I was about 7 secs slower then the owner(this guy was not one of the slow ones). I ran a 240sx in DSP.
 
see i get what hes saying...which is if they had a minimum trade level required for all cars we wouldn't need to worry about scammers, and thus no cap would be needed...i think the saying is one bad apple spoiled the rest...but none of us can help it...and people can be on their high horses all they want about dupping...yea i dupe but it by no means affects your gameplay..."but its an unfair expliot" no its not...an exploit or a glitch affects the games overall gameplay...dupping doesn't, you just keep one more car, and as they say to fairness...lifes not fair, Get Over It
 
I would pay for DLC such as tracks and cars. I would not pay to race in special events.
 
Back