PURE's Roadcar & Spec Miata mod - Released!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 194 comments
Wow. Just saw this. Looks really nice.
Wonder how it will feel physics wise. Will it be done with official data?? I don't know how ac works on physics department.
Wardez you can count on me to test it if needed

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/478845731420110848

SDK release is imminent, which means, soon we'll be able to really start getting this car into the game! We're getting our team together in order to be prepared and start hitting the ground running once we're able to get our hands on tools to implement our car into the game. But, we still need one more, a texture/2D/skinner artist. We need just one, but the more help the better. If you or anyone you know could help, please let us know, thanks! :D

SDK release is imminent, which means, soon we'll be able to really start getting this car into the game! We're getting our team together in order to be prepared and start hitting the ground running once we're able to get our hands on tools to implement our car into the game. But, we still need one more, a texture/2D/skinner artist. We need just one, but the more help the better. If you or anyone you know could help, please let us know, thanks! :D
If you're still looking, send me a PM with what you need.
I'm not a pro, but could help out with some skins for example.

hey wardez send me a pm too, i'll see if theres anything I or some other guys I know that could possibly help too.

Let's get this ball rolling, cant wait to try those cars out :)

If you're still looking, send me a PM with what you need.
I'm not a pro, but could help out with some skins for example.
hey wardez send me a pm too, i'll see if theres anything I or some other guys I know that could possibly help too.

Let's get this ball rolling, cant wait to try those cars out :)

Yes guys, thank you! We could definitely use skinners! The more the better, we want to have something like 20+ skins ready to go for the Spec Miata.

We're initially going to make the stock Miata, after that's done and we're satisfied with it, we'll move on to the Spec. The liveries for the stock car are going to be more toned down of course, but who's to say we can't have fun with it? I think it'd be cool to see some 787B tribute livers and such like that.

And yes, we're rolling! I was going to post teaser images since we've got the car in the editor already, but I'm holding off till it's actually in game.

Yes guys, thank you! We could definitely use skinners! The more the better, we want to have something like 20+ skins ready to go for the Spec Miata.

We're initially going to make the stock Miata, after that's done and we're satisfied with it, we'll move on to the Spec. The liveries for the stock car are going to be more toned down of course, but who's to say we can't have fun with it? I think it'd be cool to see some 787B tribute livers and such like that.

And yes, we're rolling! I was going to post teaser images since we've got the car in the editor already, but I'm holding off till it's actually in game.
Please send me all the details and files via PM and I'll see what I can do.
I guess it would be smart to have some sort of communication platform, so there won't be duplicate skins.
Already have some ideas.

First in-game screenshots of the stock Miata street car (spec Miata racecar being completed after we're done with the street car version)! Still very much a work in progress, so bear with us as we get our modding sea legs under us and really begin whipping our little beauty into shape! ZOOM ZOOM!

We're doing an initial close round of alpha testing, once we get to a point where we're comfortable enough to release it to more people (beta - maybe ready in two weeks or so) in order to help us get it ready for full release! If you have experience with driving a stock or spec Miata on track and have AC, please PM me!

So stay tuned, you'll be able to take to the AC in your favorite sport compact very soon!

oy3dAAp.jpg
dR3Tsaf.jpg
XXh39Wy.jpg
zptYNLR.jpg
NKcuE6A.jpg

I've just landed into AC territory and I see this.

Outstanding, loving AC so far! The more mods, the better.

This game scene will simply explode in the upcoming months with mods.

I only want to know one thing...will there be a standard and a premium version?:lol: Great job @Wardez 👍👍 Still waiting for my PC upgrade:grumpy: to give AC a go

Mem
What are the specs on your PC? You apparently can run pCars, wouldn't that hardware power be enough for AC as well?
In my case PC upgrade means new PC. I'm not a PCars member...lol.

most recent picture by Gergely today on th AC forum's

hkFjS4O.jpg

looking very sexy indeed :)

Thanks for posting. A little problem with the AA on that one, but the quality of the model still comes across. All the materials are coming together nicely.

So we've changed plans. We're bringing in a select group of closed beta testers (please don't ask to be included in the closed beta test, we already have our testing group) to help us finalize the beta physics. We're extremely close to getting out of the alpha stage and into public beta release.

There is no strict time frame for the length of the closed beta, but we hope to get it done within a week, two weeks at the most. I know, I know, always "two weeks" but things have changed and we're taking the mod a bit more seriously for the initial phase than we previously intended.

Gergely and Marlon have worked really hard to make sure you guys are going to get an extremely solid initial beta release for the community to dig into. We want every one to focus on the physics, not placeholders - so we're eliminating as many placeholders as possible.

Now "extremely solid" does not mean "extremely good" necessarily. But a strong foundation from which to build on. What's important to us is what the community at wide thinks, from kid to pro racing driver, it's all valuable feedback.

We hope you can share in our vision for this project and will allow us just a little more time to really get this little car to its happy place. I promise you it'll be worth it. Just around the corner, August is our month!

First of all Great Work, one of my favourite cars in Gran Turismo. Will love to drive it in AC.
But i don't understand the "closed" better thing... Really i don't care if the car is unfinished or not, the whole game is not finished ! So it's not a problem to release the car from day 1 . I mean the first model you had in AC version 0.0001 , you could just release it. I don't understand what would speak against it.

I started with AC 2 weeks ago and iam searching mods for this game. Ok there are a few mods but most of the time i see pictures and the big WIP sign. Especially on racedepartment, its such a pain.

ps: the same goes for the tracks too. For example someone made the Istanbul track for AC, it is in WIP, some areas outside of the track are not finished but the track itself is finished and its one of my favourite tracks. Instead of just releasing it with a WIP sign they let us wait and wait and wait.

Last edited:
First of all Great Work, one of my favourite cars in Gran Turismo. Will love to drive it in AC.
But i don't understand the "closed" better thing... Really i don't care if the car is unfinished or not, the whole game is not finished ! So it's not a problem to release the car from day 1 . I mean the first model you had in AC version 0.0001 , you could just release it. I don't understand what would speak against it.

I started with AC 2 weeks ago and iam searching mods for this game. Ok there are a few mods but most of the time i see pictures and the big WIP sign. Especially on racedepartment, its such a pain.

ps: the same goes for the tracks too. For example someone made the Istanbul track for AC, it is in WIP, some areas outside of the track are not finished but the track itself is finished and its one of my favourite tracks. Instead of just releasing it with a WIP sign they let us wait and wait and wait.

As is their right.

Some people would like to be known for releasing only high quality mods and assets. Others are happy to release at any quality and improve over time. It's all about what the authors are comfortable with. Whatever makes them the most comfortable is what they should do, and to hell with what anyone else thinks.

They owe you NOTHING. You'll wait as long as you have to wait, and then when it's finally released you will thank them for their hard work.

As is their right.

Some people would like to be known for releasing only high quality mods and assets. Others are happy to release at any quality and improve over time. It's all about what the authors are comfortable with. Whatever makes them the most comfortable is what they should do, and to hell with what anyone else thinks.

They owe you NOTHING. You'll wait as long as you have to wait, and then when it's finally released you will thank them for their hard work.
I konw that, of course ! It's just a shame that i started with AC 2 weeks ago and all what i see is WIP.
Some really good mods on rFactor started with early versions ! And btw it is something like an open Beta, thats good for the developers.
"Some people would like to be known for releasing only high quality mods and assets" I understand that but in a game which is not finished ? It would be no problem if this mod would be released in a early version, noone would complain. For example i downloaded the 911 GT3 mod, It has a few problems but i still like it , now they got my attention and i will definitely play all versions of this car.

"They owe you NOTHING" Calm Down.
But yeah, just forget what i said, i think iam talking against a wall.

The game is still a WIP, so you should expect all mods to still be a WIP. Even then most of the guys who make these mods never seem to be completely finished with them. They always seem to want to keep improving on them.

Back