purify GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimbobMarley65
  • 63 comments
  • 3,477 views
Messages
142
United Kingdom
Scotland
Messages
JimbobMarley65
I just had a little rant on another thread but it got me thinking , wouldn't you like to see GT purified ? By that I mean get rid of the karts , rally cars , red bulls , drift cars , nascar etc. & stick to GT. By doing that PD could concentrate on making the perfect GT simulator. I suggest making all races era specific if you choose to race a car built in 1989 why should you be racing against cars built 20yrs later, surely it would be more fun & more realistic to race the actual cars that were in the races that year. By getting rid of the needless chaff it would make that more obtainable.
 
LunarExploration_05_1385985391.jpg


kazumad.jpg
 
All you would do by reducing the number of cars old and new, is reduce the number of people in Japan employed in virtual car modelling. Having less people modelling cars is no guarantee that it will have any effect whatsoever on game design. There's nothing stopping them now from taking a new approach but they choose not to.
 
All you would do by reducing the number of cars old and new, is reduce the number of people in Japan employed in virtual car modelling. Having less people modelling cars is no guarantee that it will have any effect whatsoever on game design. There's nothing stopping them now from taking a new approach but they choose not to.
I just got ripped to pieces for voicing my opinion on another thread mate so now I am saying nothing more .
 
No, because some people want to drive these cars.

What do you think taking cars out of the game is going to accomplish?? It's not going to somehow make GT "a perfect simulator" by removing things. It won't give them anymore time to do anything else since they are all modeled already. If you want to use your 1989 race car against other cars from the game, then why should they remove the cars you don't like? All they would have to do is add an option to pick your competitors. Sounds a lot better than removing cars from the game:rolleyes:
 
All you would do by reducing the number of cars old and new, is reduce the number of people in Japan employed in virtual car modelling. Having less people modelling cars is no guarantee that it will have any effect whatsoever on game design. There's nothing stopping them now from taking a new approach but they choose not to.
Not only that, but they would lose customers like me. 💡
👎 👎

The only real reason I like Gran Turismo so much is for all the old cars, and the vast variety of cars.
I'm probably not the only one.

Lots of GT players are into the nascar, the rally, the karts, the drifting...

After all, for most other aspects of racing games that are missing in Gran Turismo - there are various other options anyway. If I want those things - I'll play those games I suppose.
 
I just got ripped to pieces for voicing my opinion on another thread mate so now I am saying nothing more .
No offense, but if you're that sensitive that me disagreeing with you in a polite and respectful manner contributes to you not wanting to post anymore, GTP isn't the place for you. Respectful disagreement is par for the course here.
 
I just had a little rant on another thread but it got me thinking , wouldn't you like to see GT purified ? By that I mean get rid of the karts , rally cars , red bulls , drift cars , nascar etc. & stick to GT. By doing that PD could concentrate on making the perfect GT simulator. I suggest making all races era specific if you choose to race a car built in 1989 why should you be racing against cars built 20yrs later, surely it would be more fun & more realistic to race the actual cars that were in the races that year. By getting rid of the needless chaff it would make that more obtainable.

This thread should be closed.

You wanna get rid of karts? The starting place for most racing drivers yeah that makes sense...

Rally cars? I'm not a rally fan but rally deserves to be in GT no doubt there.

Drifting is what I do on GT and in real life. To say it should be removed is wrong, drifting is the funnest thing you can do in a car
It takes more skill than to grip race around a circuit so I don't know why people hate it so much.

The perfect simulator has each style of car and racing format available for the user to experience.

Except for the RedBull X cars I agree. They're just a pointless unrealistic car that is a haven for 12yo's to 'troll' with.
 
I would not mind if PD went out for a WEC and ALMS licenses. I play GT6 for the GT cars because I have no money to build a PC for that. There are other games that suit car tuning and multi-spec racing, also, with the DP/LMP2 cars merging for now forward, it would be a perfect series for PD to go after. I just want real racing.
 
I just had a little rant on another thread but it got me thinking , wouldn't you like to see GT purified ? By that I mean get rid of the karts , rally cars , red bulls , drift cars , nascar etc. & stick to GT. By doing that PD could concentrate on making the perfect GT simulator. I suggest making all races era specific if you choose to race a car built in 1989 why should you be racing against cars built 20yrs later, surely it would be more fun & more realistic to race the actual cars that were in the races that year. By getting rid of the needless chaff it would make that more obtainable.

No.

Well, I could do without the moon buggy thing. But karts? Karting is pretty much the foundation of any racing driver's career these days. If anything, I wonder why the game doesn't put you in a kart from the beginning rather than a Fit or whatever it is. As a part of a "career", that would make a lot more sense. Rally? I'd say rallying's a pretty popular and perfectly legitimate branch of motorsport to include, provided they actually do it well (that condition of course would go for anything in the game). NASCAR and drifting? Well I'm no fan of either really, so I'll just leave those alone. Red Bull? Well... I kinda don't really see the point of the big RB cars, nor did I see the point in GT5. But the RB Jr is a fantastic thing to race. Maybe it could have done with a little less grip, especially at the rear and at low speed in general. But in the absence of a decent modern formula style car (seeing as the FGT is rubbish), I find it rather fun.

I also don't see why era specific races (which the game already has) would require removing all these other things.

The big problem with GT in my opinion (career mode at least), is that too much of it is sprint races of just a few laps, and it's always just the player starting off at a huge disadvantage and battling through to try take the victory. At no point do I feel like I'm actually racing other cars. It's more like a time trial over 3 or 6 or however many laps, and annoyingly there are a few moving chicanes to drive around along the way. But you're not closing the gap to the next position over however many laps, and then chasing him around trying to stick close enough to his tail so you can make a move at the right time or whatever. It's just, "Yep, there's the next car over in the distance. I'll have him in maybe two corners... done, next." Rinse and repeat until you're in the lead.

The AI itself never provides a proper challenge. The challenge comes from starting the race at the back of the field, disadvantaged further by a ridiculous rolling start system. It's like playing chess against an utter simpleton, where you start with game with however many less pieces. You're still going to win coz your opponent is dangerously stupid, just that the journey to victory has been made slightly more irritating and tedious. In your favour though, you're allowed to play a Super Queen, who can move twice each turn, i.e. GT's race format disadvantages you, but you can just go in with a ridiculous car that means you're in the lead before the first lap is done anyway. Of course you can choose not to do that in an effort to keep things "challenging", but it doesn't change the fact that the challenge doesn't come from the other cars on the track, just the disadvantage you've been dealt.

I'd rather be starting on more level ground with a capable opponent who actually provides a challenge. But GT's AI is quite thoroughly incompetent. Without significant improvements to the quality of the AI, they basically can't move away from the tedious race format we have now. Sure, if one wants better racing they can go online with a bunch of similarly skilled opponents in equal cars or whatever. But the fact is, the career mode of GT is a significantly large part of the game. Of course, "career" mode is no career at all. It's just you progressing through one race/series after another collecting cars and credits along the way.


But yeah, the moon buggy thing sucks.
 
''let's remove things so it's a better game!''
''What kinds of stuff? Bugs and glitches and stuff no one likes,right?''
''Nope! Cars! And cars loads of people use as well!''



You should never be a developer.
 
''let's remove things so it's a better game!''
''What kinds of stuff? Bugs and glitches and stuff no one likes,right?''
''Nope! Cars! And cars loads of people use as well!''



You should never be a developer.

All he really wants is a different game. When pCARS comes out it might be more up his alley, I would like GT more if they released one thing at a time rather than make us wait for a few things. I would like them to actually make a real attempt at fixing the physics, rather than just moving the problem somewhere else. I am currently fearing the day that GT7 comes out.
 
I just had a little rant on another thread but it got me thinking , wouldn't you like to see GT purified ? By that I mean get rid of the karts , rally cars , red bulls , drift cars , nascar etc. & stick to GT. By doing that PD could concentrate on making the perfect GT simulator. I suggest making all races era specific if you choose to race a car built in 1989 why should you be racing against cars built 20yrs later, surely it would be more fun & more realistic to race the actual cars that were in the races that year. By getting rid of the needless chaff it would make that more obtainable.
Very bad idea you got there 👎.
 
Except for the RedBull X cars I agree. They're just a pointless unrealistic car that is a haven for 12yo's to 'troll' with.

You have my fully agreement :cheers:👍
A GT with that things is an UNREAL Driving-crazy Simulator ..

I'd like to see Kazunory try the gold with a DS3 in the Vettel event of GT5 .. in less than 15 minutes :mischievous::mischievous::mischievous:

IR
 
Last edited:
I'd actually love a game, GT or otherwise that concentrated on say 5 very different models of car, making each as realistic as the PS4 could handle.
I'd pay £45+ for that, if its as close as possible to being in the car.

Then i wouldn't mind DLC cars at even £20 each for that level of realism.
 
I'd actually love a game, GT or otherwise that concentrated on say 5 very different models of car, making each as realistic as the PS4 could handle.
I'd pay £45+ for that, if its as close as possible to being in the car.

Then i wouldn't mind DLC cars at even £20 each for that level of realism.
That was along the lines of what I was trying to say Phil . Focussing on a few things gives a better result than trying to please everybody.
 
The only thing they must get rid of are all of those duplicates of cars, just one or two per generation is good, but not 30+

And the engine sound samples, the bad ones "only"

Why? Did customers the world over only buy those one or two per generation that you speak of? People want 'their car'. One of GT's strengths. We need more. I still have not been able to drive my exact cars, ever.
 
I'd actually love a game, GT or otherwise that concentrated on say 5 very different models of car, making each as realistic as the PS4 could handle.
I'd pay £45+ for that, if its as close as possible to being in the car.

Then i wouldn't mind DLC cars at even £20 each for that level of realism.

That was along the lines of what I was trying to say Phil . Focussing on a few things gives a better result than trying to please everybody.

I hear what you're saying guys, but the problem is that PD makes its revenue from selling in numbers. They simply must try to please a large number of players, not only enthusiasts as ourselves. I'm guessing we're a minority as far as GT purchases go.
 
Removing features/cars won't solve anything.

So you want a game with 10-50 perfectly recreated cars and 10 tracks ? There is AC or Pc "comming soon" or even FM5 to make you entertained with quality over quantity . For one thing I don't want GT to become DLC fe$t like some other games. This may work for "niche" games like iR with small but strong community that is prepared to spend $$$ month after month. GT is in different market , so that wouldn't work here ,i believe.

Multiple car models of MX5 or GTRs ... do not cost anything in time or resources. It is copy paste with some minor (or not) changes. So removing them won't change anything but car count. Now , if you drive some specific miata model in real life (model xxx) would you be happy if PD removed it because it is just like that other miata model (yyy) ?

Things like Karts are in GT because many of pro drivers (if not all) started in karting leagues when they were kids. That's how it is.

Moon it is here because every GT has something special- like that useless 1 hp benz in #4 or WV army truck in #5. Not spending time on that wouldn't make main game better.

PS: I'm quite aware of some shortcomings in GT6 (or previous GTs) and I quite understand different views and opinions , but then reading some opinions, make me think that many people just think "i don't need this ,so why would anyone else " .People are different and have different interests in Gt or whatever.
 
There's already plenty of driving sims that can deliver you the boring, bland experience you're looking for. Move along. I don't see why they should scrap Premium assets and remove cars that I find fun to drive because you don't like them.
 
This thread should be closed.

You wanna get rid of karts? The starting place for most racing drivers yeah that makes sense...

Rally cars? I'm not a rally fan but rally deserves to be in GT no doubt there.

Drifting is what I do on GT and in real life. To say it should be removed is wrong, drifting is the funnest thing you can do in a car
It takes more skill than to grip race around a circuit so I don't know why people hate it so much.

The perfect simulator has each style of car and racing format available for the user to experience.

Except for the RedBull X cars I agree. They're just a pointless unrealistic car that is a haven for 12yo's to 'troll' with.

So drifting is a good thing because it takes skill, but the X2010/X2011/upcoming X2014 are bad because they're only for trolling? I've actually found driving those cars to be an immense test of skill, I frequently race cars in the game that are what most would consider realistic and the only drifters I normally encounter are trolls trying to 🤬 up a fun, clean room by drifting in front of people running laps. Every method of driving in game is only trolling if it's used in the wrong situation. :grumpy:

Honestly nothing personal about that, it's just that the constant misrepresentation of the X1s as useless troll cars really annoys me. Try them away from other drivers, if you can meet the requirements for the Three Miraculous Laps trophy without holding back you're doing very well. :)👍
 
So drifting is a good thing because it takes skill, but the X2010/X2011/upcoming X2014 are bad because they're only for trolling? I've actually found driving those cars to be an immense test of skill, I frequently race cars in the game that are what most would consider realistic and the only drifters I normally encounter are trolls trying to 🤬 up a fun, clean room by drifting in front of people running laps. Every method of driving in game is only trolling if it's used in the wrong situation. :grumpy:

Honestly nothing personal about that, it's just that the constant misrepresentation of the X1s as useless troll cars really annoys me. Try them away from other drivers, if you can meet the requirements for the Three Miraculous Laps trophy without holding back you're doing very well. :)👍

You'll find the guys joining your room and drifting while you're doing laps are mostly 10yo's who have nothing better to do. The proper drifting community on GT doesn't do that stupid childish s***.
 
You'll find the guys joining your room and drifting while you're doing laps are mostly 10yo's who have nothing better to do. The proper drifting community on GT doesn't do that stupid childish s***.

The same applies to the X1 community. :)
 
I enjoy the variety of doing the Dirt and Snow racing as well as the moon buggy. I don't enjoy the drifting, but I understand that there are many people worldwide that due that exclusively.

I also agree that the larger the company is the better the game will get. It's the challenges of creating these other types of racing/driving that helps to develop the physics for the GT racing.
 
Back