purify GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimbobMarley65
  • 63 comments
  • 3,477 views
The same applies to the X1 community. :)

True, but you's can get rid of them a lot easier than us by just restricting tyres to RH RM or RS and no one will drift with them.

Where as even with a CH tyre restriction in our rooms they still try to be a***holes.

Oh well it's still funny when they scream over the mic or spam you with PM's after you kick them.
 
I see the OP's point... If they were to eliminate some of the fluff, they could concentrate on making the basic game much better. The original GT was so good because it concentrated on one thing and did it very well (for it's time). Today's GT is spread too thin and in is mediocre in most areas and severely lacking in others. I'm not saying cars should be removed, but a lot of them are extremely redundant and graphically inferior (standard rather than premium). If the teams that worked on the NASCAR events (for example) were put on implementing realistic damage or adding customization, maybe GT wouldn't still be taking a backseat to Forza.
 
I see the OP's point... If they were to eliminate some of the fluff, they could concentrate on making the basic game much better. The original GT was so good because it concentrated on one thing and did it very well (for it's time). Today's GT is spread too thin and in is mediocre in most areas and severely lacking in others. I'm not saying cars should be removed, but a lot of them are extremely redundant and graphically inferior (standard rather than premium). If the teams that worked on the NASCAR events (for example) were put on implementing realistic damage or adding customization, maybe GT wouldn't still be taking a backseat to Forza.

GT has never taken a backseat to Forza,
I'd rather have a game with good physics and a bit less customization, than a game with awful physics and a lot of customization.
Hence why I play GT.
 
True, but you's can get rid of them a lot easier than us by just restricting tyres to RH RM or RS and no one will drift with them.

Where as even with a CH tyre restriction in our rooms they still try to be a***holes.

Oh well it's still funny when they scream over the mic or spam you with PM's after you kick them.

It's impossible to restrict to 'x value or higher' so the problems exist no matter what, unless the room is restricted to to a specific class of car, which only helps sometimes.

I'm not complaining about drifting, just the assumption that any car/discipline in GT6 is only good for trolling. Most people who try to cause trouble in rooms I'm in don't drift, it was just meant as an example of how things can be fine in one room, but trolling in another.

And I agree wholeheartedly with your last paragraph. :lol:
 
If the teams that worked on the NASCAR events (for example) were put on implementing realistic damage or adding customization,
That assumes that the same people are doing both sorts of things, and for the same price of labor. I don't know if that's the case. Labor is so specialized in our technological work force, that I think you're suggesting the equivalent of an accountant who does the yearly tax filing for a restaurant, to step in and manage writing the new menu for the chef's entrees... and at a similar rate of pay. :boggled: I'm no expert on how game design works, but I'm thinking it's a bit more complicated as far as resource diversion than you're assuming.
 
Coming from some other sims, mostly older ones because of my slow computer, I am very OK with no visual damage whatsoever, but I like mechanical damage. I never really felt the need to tune cars, but find myself doing so with race cars, just because people are adding turbos to GT3 cars. GTR2 was a very good game for me, great physics, and great cars, for just a GT1 sim. All I want from GT is not to eliminate all other aspects, but to focus on making GT racing great. The Goodwood portion would be better IMO with all cars having an interior, and GT has all these cars because "We Love Cars". I would like them to put more of a focus on GT cars, such as the Z4, fixing the R8, and adding some sort of Ferrari GT3/2/E, and the Porsche (or RUF so be it) GT3 RSR. I mostly play GT for GT cars, and I would love to see more focus on them, but without them taking away the aspect that makes the game that it is, a game for people that love to drive cars, love to see cars, and love to use cars in their own way, for fun, regardless of what people tell them they should do with their cars. We could do with a drag strip, but Route X is for that.

Although for what I specifically want, pCARS, AC, or R3E might suit my wants better for GT3/LMP/GT2/E/and Cup racing. All that R3E needs is a Ferrari. (also the sounds are great ^_^)
 
GT has never taken a backseat to Forza,
I'd rather have a game with good physics and a bit less customization, than a game with awful physics and a lot of customization.
Hence why I play GT.

I agree, GT's racing (due to better AI) is superior, but... The whole bumper car mentality of it is severely outdated and ruins any realism that may have existed. What's the point in realistic physics, more intelligent AI, etc, when the racing itself is dumbed down to that of bumper cars? There's no damage to speak of and almost zero consequences to contact. Yeah, GT is realistic, yet the player can drive around a corner at 100mph and just ride whatever barrier is there. As someone who regularly plays both series, despite it's superior aspects and more serious take on racing, GT actually plays like the more arcadish racer. And what's so bad about customization? GT has added crap like moon buggy driving and veered off target into areas like NASCAR, drifting and photo travel. Sorry, but customization is much more appropriate in a game that centers around collecting cars and focuses on a specific form of racing (GT) than moon buggies, drifting or photography.

My comment about GT taking a backseat to FM was regarding how the games are now viewed by gamers in general. Forza is the premier console racing simulator circa 2014 while GT is the dinosaur, like it or not. It simply has not kept up.

That assumes that the same people are doing both sorts of things, and for the same price of labor. I don't know if that's the case. Labor is so specialized in our technological work force, that I think you're suggesting the equivalent of an accountant who does the yearly tax filing for a restaurant, to step in and manage writing the new menu for the chef's entrees... and at a similar rate of pay. :boggled: I'm no expert on how game design works, but I'm thinking it's a bit more complicated as far as resource diversion than you're assuming.

All I'm saying is if Polyphony were to get back to basics and focus more intently on doing one thing and doing it well, GT may be a better game at this point. It's trying to do too many things and appeal to too many different people. Consequently, it's not doing many (if any) of them really well anymore. GT has grown in quantity, not quality.
 
Last edited:
It's trying to do too many things and appeal to too many different people.
I guess I probably see myself as one of those "too many different people" - so I'm glad that they do that.
Others' mileage may vary. :indiff:

But for example, my spouse was so disappointed with the GT6 career mode & lack of online shuffle racing, that he went & got Shift2 for himself. :lol: And he's been enjoying that. It's different. And the things he likes about it are things that it does offer that GT6 does not. And I understand that.
So I mean I have this discussion in my own household. :lol:
But I'm bothered by the idea that someone would want to make GT6 into something else, by taking away the kinds of things I like about GT6. :(
So that's where I'm coming from.
My husband thinks GT6 is the pits... but at the same time, he wouldn't want to deprive me of my racing kei cars & saloons with my pals.
(Well, unless I overdo it :odd:, and neglect the laundry or something, then maybe he would hide my GT6 disk! :scared: :lol: - not suggest that PD should get rid of the Autozam. :sly:)
 
I agree, GT's racing (due to better AI) is superior, but... The whole bumper car mentality of it is severely outdated and ruins any realism that may have existed. What's the point in realistic physics, more intelligent AI, etc, when the racing itself is dumbed down to that of bumper cars? There's no damage to speak of and almost zero consequences to contact. Yeah, GT is realistic, yet the player can drive around a corner at 100mph and just ride whatever barrier is there. As someone who regularly plays both series, despite it's superior aspects and more serious take on racing, GT comes off as the more arcadish racer. And what's so bad about customization? GT has added crap like moon buggy driving and veered off target into areas like NASCAR and photo travel. Sorry, but customization is much more appropriate in a game that centers around collecting cars and focuses on a specific form of racing than NASCAR, Moon Buggies or Photography.

My comment about GT taking a backseat to FM was regarding how the games are now viewed by gamers in general. Forza is the premier console racing simulator circa 2014, like it or not.

All I'm saying is if Polyphony were to get back to basics and focus more intently on doing one thing and doing it well, GT may be a better game at this point. It;s trying to do too many things and appeal to too many different people. Consequently, it's not doing many (if any) of them really well anymore.

Yes I see your point,
I'm not a racer so I don't worry about the damage or bumper car physics when hitting someone or a wall at a ridiculous speed.
The only reason I play GT is to drift without the risks of doing it in real life with my own car. I guess that's why I've phased out the want for a proper damage system in GT.

I do agree with the moon buggy and photo travel, that is just a waste of time and could be used in a better way allowing for more detailed customisation.

Hopefully we get some updates in the near future allowing for some decent body kits, offset adjustments and especially engine swaps that's the type of stuff I'd like to see, if not GT7 better have them or I'll be fairly disappointed.
 
I guess I probably see myself as one of those "too many different people" - so I'm glad that they do that.
Others' mileage may vary. :indiff:

But for example, my spouse was so disappointed with the GT6 career mode & lack of online shuffle racing, that he went & got Shift2 for himself. :lol: And he's been enjoying that. It's different. And the things he likes about it are things that it does offer that GT6 does not. And I understand that.
So I mean I have this discussion in my own household. :lol:
But I'm bothered by the idea that someone would want to make GT6 into something else, by taking away the kinds of things I like about GT6. :(
So that's where I'm coming from.
My husband thinks GT6 is the pits... but at the same time, he wouldn't want to deprive me of my racing kei cars & saloons with my pals.
(Well, unless I overdo it :odd:, and neglect the laundry or something, then maybe he would hide my GT6 disk! :scared: :lol: - not suggest that PD should get rid of the Autozam. :sly:)

I hear & understand where you're coming from. My point is that GT used to be the most realistic racing simulation one could find on a console. It has been surpassed, and rather than trying to restore it's former greatness by improving in the areas where it lacks, Polyphony has decided to branch the game into different (some frivolous) directions without keeping it's core up to snuff. Players can now drive on the moon... That's an important addition, while the fact that hitting a wall at 100mph or crashing into an opponent having no adverse affect goes unaddressed.
 
Since we already hijacked the thread in a more positive direction, I'll throw around my two cents.

Gran Turismo has always been a quite unique game; in an era of Ridge Racers came GT1. When most games were jumping on the Fast and Furious bandwagon, GT4 came with a tornado of vintage cars. In some cases GT's been a trendsetter, in some others it forever remained unique. OP says Gran Turismo should be a game about GT racing, but I can only disagree: GT's always been a game about the fine art of Gran Touring, of the joy and wonder the world of cars is infused of.

The main problem GT seems to suffer seems to be, however, a lack of logic in the implementation of this astonishing variety of content. We have a very good base structure, but then the career is only a pile of events, the only side events are the Goodwood FOS and the Moon Missions, and the game doesn't keep you engaged for long; we got several variations of the same model of car listed as different models; the aspect of collecting cars has been reduced to an endless grind for credits, and so on.

What Gran Turismo needs is more, not less. Or not significantly less, anyways, and not in the direction of removing categories of content in favor of others. But what it also needs is a new coat of polish; some major issues need to ne adressed so that GT can become a modern game while mantaining its spirit intact.
 
Can we all agree that no matter how the game would be presented to us, that we would always be those who don't like what they have been given.....this is part of being a human being. There have always been things in all games that make you scratch your head and wonder but these things are usually minor and if the game developer is on the "ball" finds a way to fix the issue in an update. Granted some of these issues have made some game difficult to play (Fallout New Vegas comes to mind ) but in the end they get "fixed". I know that I am currently not completely happy with the glitches in GT6 and it keeps me from finishing it but has only been out for over a month and we need to give them the chance to make improvements.
Someone wrote about limiting the number of cars to a certain number.....how would those cars be chosen as we all have different likes/dislikes ? I like the variety and probably will never get the platinum trophy as I dislike the kart racing but that's my choice and others like their chance to exercise choice....

That's my 2 cents.......
images.jpg images.jpg
 
Can we all agree that no matter how the game would be presented to us, that we would always be those who don't like what they have been given.....

Someone wrote about limiting the number of cars to a certain number.....how would those cars be chosen as we all have different likes/dislikes ?

View attachment 104802 View attachment 104803


As for the cars, I don't think less cars would be a good thing, but do we really need 300 (yes I'm exaggerating) Nissan Skylines with very minor (if any) differences? Polyphony acts as though adding a restyled shift knob constitutes an entirely new model. I wouldn't mind the additions and frivolous forays IF the basic game had been kept up to standards. It has not been.
 
I think a few people misunderstood me, if you go off the fia classification of a gt car which is that it can have an open or closed roof, must not have more than one door on each side and must also be available in a road legal version. There would still be hundreds of cars available in the game that conform to this specification.
 
As for the cars, I don't think less cars would be a good thing, but do we really need 300 (yes I'm exaggerating) Nissan Skylines with very minor (if any) differences? Polyphony acts as though adding a restyled shift knob constitutes an entirely new model. I wouldn't mind the additions and frivolous forays IF the basic game had been kept up to standards. It has not been.

There really isn't that many so called 'duplicates' of cars in GT.
I really think they're are still missing a few cars that should be in the game.
Sorry for the pic spam lol.

2000' Nissan Skyline R34 25GT-T (4 door, RWD)
image.jpg

1998' Nissan Skyline R34 25GT-T
(2 door, RWD)
image.jpg

Nissan Skyline R33 GTS (RWD)
image.jpg

Toyota Chaser JZX90
image.jpg
image.jpg

Toyota Corolla KE70
image.jpg

image.jpg
 
I just had a little rant on another thread but it got me thinking , wouldn't you like to see GT purified ? By that I mean get rid of the karts , rally cars , red bulls , drift cars , nascar etc. & stick to GT. By doing that PD could concentrate on making the perfect GT simulator. I suggest making all races era specific if you choose to race a car built in 1989 why should you be racing against cars built 20yrs later, surely it would be more fun & more realistic to race the actual cars that were in the races that year. By getting rid of the needless chaff it would make that more obtainable.
You're a brave guy I give you that. I've learned to not ask certain things but I do see what you are saying. Not many people will see it tho.... And although it is the way I would prefer it also, it is kind of selfish I admit. GT is a road racing game that's becoming the every kind of racing game . It's the kind if thing that can't be explained (least not by me). It's a road thing.
 
1.gt always was a racing game, and i think it was one of the first who give us the chance to race... whit (being lucky) our real car. that`s one reason of why PD cant eliminate something, they need to add, in order to provide someone with the same experience.
2. how many people who complain about the phisycs drive a real racecar to get arguments to act as judges? and...gt academy guys, people who was playing like us and now drive real racing cars... thats not a sim?
3. redbulls... i always wondered how fast into a track, could be a car, and i known that the bases for that answer was into the f1 cars, and when i saw for first time the redbull x2010 i felt happy. of course a real x2010 maybe doesnt behave like in the game, but it is a REAL BASED aproximation. and if you dont like it, the %99 of the other cars are real ones, so... why complaining? perhaps you dont have the skills to drive it properly ;).
4.make your own game to feel your own glory!
 
You're a brave guy I give you that. I've learned to not ask certain things but I do see what you are saying. Not many people will see it tho.... And although it is the way I would prefer it also, it is kind of selfish I admit. GT is a road racing game that's becoming the every kind of racing game . It's the kind if thing that can't be explained (least not by me). It's a road thing.
I did stir up a bit of a hornets nest with this thread but mainly because a lot people thought I wanted to get rid of road cars in favour of race cars . That wasn't what I meant , a gt car can ONLY be a road car for a start , obviously they are tuned for the track . Oh and another of the specifications is that it has to have only two doors . I'm glad you agreed with me but I fear we are grossly out numbered by those who prefer quantity over quality.
 
I'm glad you agreed with me but I fear we are grossly out numbered by those who prefer quantity over quality.

No, good sir. You prefer blandness and a limited number of choiches that cater to your needs only to variety.

"Gran Turismo is called Gran Turismo and therefore it should only contain cars that I improperly call Gran Turismo, which is, cars with two doors. We should get rid of everything else because I'm only interested in a very limited portion of the world of cars and I implicitly assume everyone who doesn't agree with me is an unsofisticated moron. Besides, I like to throw around the 'true meaning' of the word "Gran Turismo" without likely knowing a single word of Italian, nor a single page of the history of the term, and perhaps I believe a Ferrari 458 to be a GT car. I am, ultimately, the center of the universe".

That's how your posts read to me. Like uneducated and egomaniacal rants. You're threading the fine line between "person with a unique and perhaps controversial idea" and "objectively an asshole with a bloated ego who needs to vent his frustrations on a videogame because he can't start an ethnic cleansing to "purify Serbia". And mind you, I rarely call someone an "asshole" on internet forums.
 
I'm glad you agreed with me but I fear we are grossly out numbered by those who prefer quantity over quality.

No, you're outnumbered by people who understand what Gran Turismo is supposed to be, and has been all about since the very first game. Mind you, just because something wasn't done in the first game, it doesn't mean they didn't want to do it. We're talking about a console with less power than whatever phone you probably have in your pocket now.

Gran Turismo is what it is. Yes there are plenty of things about it that could be improved, but what you essentially want is a different game. It's like buying GTA5 and saying that instead of having a huge city and outlying areas to explore, they should just make it a small map of just a few city blocks, but with every building open to exploration and every single individual you can encounter being a fully developed character. Yes, that might be good, but it's not what they're trying to do.
 
The moon buggy events arent racing. They're just timed arcade snippets. Senseless.
 
The moon buggy events arent racing. They're just timed arcade snippets. Senseless.

Senseless if you aren't interestes by the fact that you are driving on the Moon without leaving your living room.

But if you can't, it's easy enough to gold them, move on, and never look back. I, on the other hand, I am hoping for MOAR in future patches.
 
I think we need to take the Moon Buggy into context. Yes, its senseless, and, tbh, not really fun - but I dont consider it offensive to be there. You can completely ignore it if you like - its not part of the main game.

The Karts are OK, but I dont like the indoor track - but there are other outdoor tracks I dont like either, so I tolerate them.

The one issue I do have, however, is Rallying. Where has this gone? And more importantly, why? GT5 was the worse. Alaska was one of the worst tracks of all time, and when you consider all the good tracks in GT4 and prior, it seems odd to jettison them. So when it was sidelined for frivolities such as B-Spec, Red Bull, NASCAR and 30-50 Skylines and MX-5s you have to question the priorities. If Im honest im not that really heavily biased towards Rallying but it was working in GT4, so given that GT6 has trimmed some of the excesses of GT5, I was expecting to see them make a return. Also they fit in with the ethos of GT. There are some great rally cars to collect and provide a variety of driving experiences. The killing off of rallying really is bewildering. Given that there are a good amount of NASCARs in the game for one event and the Red Bull unlocks are fundamentally useless (and in some cases the cars completely made up), if it meant sacrificing NASCAR and Red Bull, placing a Rally Icon where the Red Bull icon is on the menu would make more sense to me.

Id also agree that if the game has half a dozen Skylines and Mx-5s then we could have 50 cars elsewhere - this would also help with its Japanese bias. I appreciate its a Japanese developer, but its a globally respected game. I just dont think in a global world, we want more Mitsubishis than Lotuses.
 
There really isn't that many so called 'duplicates' of cars in GT.
I really think they're are still missing a few cars that should be in the game.
Sorry for the pic spam lol.

2000' Nissan Skyline R34 25GT-T (4 door, RWD)
View attachment 104837
1998' Nissan Skyline R34 25GT-T
(2 door, RWD)
View attachment 104836
Nissan Skyline R33 GTS (RWD)
View attachment 104847
Toyota Chaser JZX90
View attachment 104844 View attachment 104845
Toyota Corolla KE70
View attachment 104848
View attachment 104849


That is all we need with the BMW E30 and 36 !!!!
The last corolla you posted look AWESOME ;).
 
I think we need to take the Moon Buggy into context. Yes, its senseless, and, tbh, not really fun - but I dont consider it offensive to be there. You can completely ignore it if you like - its not part of the main game.

The Karts are OK, but I dont like the indoor track - but there are other outdoor tracks I dont like either, so I tolerate them.

The one issue I do have, however, is Rallying. Where has this gone? And more importantly, why? GT5 was the worse. Alaska was one of the worst tracks of all time, and when you consider all the good tracks in GT4 and prior, it seems odd to jettison them. So when it was sidelined for frivolities such as B-Spec, Red Bull, NASCAR and 30-50 Skylines and MX-5s you have to question the priorities. If Im honest im not that really heavily biased towards Rallying but it was working in GT4, so given that GT6 has trimmed some of the excesses of GT5, I was expecting to see them make a return. Also they fit in with the ethos of GT. There are some great rally cars to collect and provide a variety of driving experiences. The killing off of rallying really is bewildering. Given that there are a good amount of NASCARs in the game for one event and the Red Bull unlocks are fundamentally useless (and in some cases the cars completely made up), if it meant sacrificing NASCAR and Red Bull, placing a Rally Icon where the Red Bull icon is on the menu would make more sense to me.

Id also agree that if the game has half a dozen Skylines and Mx-5s then we could have 50 cars elsewhere - this would also help with its Japanese bias. I appreciate its a Japanese developer, but its a globally respected game. I just dont think in a global world, we want more Mitsubishis than Lotuses.

That 'remove the duplicates' thing wouldn't work, those cars are practically identical (obviously, that's why you want them gone ;)) and require minimal work, if any. Removing all the duplicates now would do nothing and if they'd been scrapped during GT5's development we'd probably have been lucky to get one unique car in their place.
 
No, good sir. You prefer blandness and a limited number of choiches that cater to your needs only to variety.

"Gran Turismo is called Gran Turismo and therefore it should only contain cars that I improperly call Gran Turismo, which is, cars with two doors. We should get rid of everything else because I'm only interested in a very limited portion of the world of cars and I implicitly assume everyone who doesn't agree with me is an unsofisticated moron. Besides, I like to throw around the 'true meaning' of the word "Gran Turismo" without likely knowing a single word of Italian, nor a single page of the history of the term, and perhaps I believe a Ferrari 458 to be a GT car. I am, ultimately, the center of the universe".

That's how your posts read to me. Like uneducated and egomaniacal rants. You're threading the fine line between "person with a unique and perhaps controversial idea" and "objectively an asshole with a bloated ego who needs to vent his frustrations on a videogame because he can't start an ethnic cleansing to "purify Serbia". And mind you, I rarely call someone an "asshole" on internet forums.
OMG all I did was post a view on a video game and suddenly I am accused of wanting to murder people because of their ethnicity , get a grip mate . I mentioned the car's as having two doors because it is part of the FIA classification of a gt car.As for calling me an asshole well that is just downright rude.
 
Last edited:
The FIA classification is not the true classification of Gran Turismo/Grand Tourer, though. The game is named after the sort of car that only rich people ever own and are designed for driving to the south of France on a whim. I agree with you though, that was unnecessarily rude when it wasn't hard to just say what I just have.
 
The FIA classification is not the true classification of Gran Turismo/Grand Tourer, though. The game is named after the sort of car that only rich people ever own and are designed for driving to the south of France on a whim. I agree with you though, that was unnecessarily rude when it wasn't hard to just say what I just have.
Thank you for your polite reply it prompted me to do a bit more research into the meaning of gt and there are several classes of gt ie- gt,gta,gtb,gtc,gtd,gte,gti,gtr,gts,gtx & hgt and some of these do in fact contain four door saloons . I stand corrected. I also now realise that there is more to being a gt car than complying to the FIA specification. I apologise to all readers of this thread apart from the one who accused me of wanting to commit genocide and called me an asshole, you sir can kiss my asshole.
 
That 'remove the duplicates' thing wouldn't work, those cars are practically identical (obviously, that's why you want them gone ;)) and require minimal work, if any. Removing all the duplicates now would do nothing and if they'd been scrapped during GT5's development we'd probably have been lucky to get one unique car in their place.

Good point, well made.
If we go back to GT5 and remember how long it took to release - then its advancements over GT4 could be summarised as Karts, Red Bull, NASCAR and its huge car list. Its personal preference whether you like the first three but the huge car list should be universally respected. But anybody who has sifted through the Used Car Dealership looking for a specific car and instead has been offered endless Japanese duplicates will tell you that the huge car list is vastly overrated - if anything it detracts from the genuinely good cars in the list. So in essence the selling points of Karts, Red Bull, NASCAR and the huge car list isnt that impressive. And given that it came at a cost to other popular aspects of the game makes it even worse.

However, this is about GT6..... I initially liked GT6 because it deleted or sidelined much of the faff. i.e. Its more of a gaming experience than GT5. But I agree with the OP, it should have deleted or sidelined more. This agreement with the OP was strengthened halfway through the IA races when I was awarded a NASCAR and still hadnt unlocked a Rally Car, an electric car or a Touring car. And yet there are a 1000+ cars in the game, Im near the end of the offline experience, and all Im awarded to play with has been quite similar. I dont think its actually that much of a stretch for PD to produce more unique cars at the expense of the duplicates. I appreciate what you say about time being a bigger factor than disk space, but we're on the 6th iteration now and we should have more VARIETY of cars than ever.

For me:
Take the NASCARs out altogether or give them a seperate icon under Goodwood. You dont have to unlock or buy them to use them then. Cant remember how many there are but thats 20(? too much) off your car list.
Enough with the Japanese duplicates. For every 5-10 Japanese duplicates lost, add a unique non-Japanese car. This isnt an anti Japanese rant - I quite like a lot of Japanese cars. If I have any personal prejudice its against some of the US cars, but even I know they are unfairly represented.
Reduce the amount of cars you have to buy by introducing unlocks for each 'championship'.
Prioritise 'real' racing over fantasy stuff such as the moon racing and, yes, the Red Bulls. (ie reintroduce the rallying)

For me that would 'purify' the game a bit more than it is and would make GT7 a little less 'stupid'. I appreciate that PD might have a hard time marketing what is essentially an even more reduced game, but I dont think asking for 10-20 more unique models on release day is that hard a request, tbh.
 
I just had a little rant on another thread but it got me thinking , wouldn't you like to see GT purified ? By that I mean get rid of the karts , rally cars , red bulls , drift cars , nascar etc. & stick to GT. By doing that PD could concentrate on making the perfect GT simulator. I suggest making all races era specific if you choose to race a car built in 1989 why should you be racing against cars built 20yrs later, surely it would be more fun & more realistic to race the actual cars that were in the races that year. By getting rid of the needless chaff it would make that more obtainable.

The flaw in your logic is that most of those cars were already modeled for GT5 (or previous GT's) so it requires no effort to include them in GT6. I agree with your sentiment that the "racing" in GT6 is ridiculous and there are any number of ways it can be improved, but removing cars that already exist won't do anything to change the racing or free up personnel resources. Only an anal cranialectomy will improve the racing content and I don't see that happening.
 
Back