Q&A with Slightly Mad Studios: Ian Bell [Read OP]

• Thread starter Kitten
  • 3,687 comments
This is driving me nuts. Its like the game doesnt register the clutch disengaging, so it gets stuck on downshifts.

Only solution right now is auto clutch. Sorry, it sucks but its the only thing to solve, specially on cars like the group 5 or group c.

Its definately not about skill, its some kind of bug that doesnt read the clutch inputs

Exactly what I have experienced! I thought i was doing something wrong xD

Funny because in Group A and road cars it works great like in PC1. Problem is on Group C, GTO, Group 5 etc. BMW M1 is also very different compared to Project Cars 1. Thanks for answer!

Waiting for the patch then... I hope @IanBell see this ;)

Not yet done a lot of playing, but yeah the not working manual clutch is my biggest issue. I hope this gets patched soonish.

Note that I am very pleased with PC2 on my ps4 using Logitech G25 and TH8A

This is driving me nuts. Its like the game doesnt register the clutch disengaging, so it gets stuck on downshifts.

Only solution right now is auto clutch. Sorry, it sucks but its the only thing to solve, specially on cars like the group 5 or group c.

Its definately not about skill, its some kind of bug that doesnt read the clutch inputs
Out of curiosity, are you using a gamepad? Manual clutch seems to be working fine for wheel & TH8A shifter (T3PA pedals), I'm on PC, not console.

Not yet done a lot of playing, but yeah the not working manual clutch is my biggest issue. I hope this gets patched soonish.

Note that I am very pleased with PC2 on my ps4 using Logitech G25 and TH8A

Yeah i also love it. Really great game. Working Manual Clutch and some minor AI issues fix'd and it will be perfect.

Can anyone tell me how you select what tires you need when pitting?
For example you start on slicks and it starts raining, I pit but I can't select what tires in the in car management system, or if i have it set to automatic depending on weather, will it select wets for me?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51516-No-Keyboard-support-on-PS4
Can you confirm? We know the keyboard automatically works for camera controls but it would be nice to add more car functions as well.

Will look for where I've seen it. It has been brought up a lot on the official forum and I know the devs are aware and working on it. The 3rd party apps are also not working.

Can anyone tell me how you select what tires you need when pitting?
For example you start on slicks and it starts raining, I pit but I can't select what tires in the in car management system, or if i have it set to automatic depending on weather, will it select wets for me?

If you have it set to automatic it is supposed to select the correct tires on it's on. Not sure how it works if it is not on Auto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, are you using a gamepad? Manual clutch seems to be working fine for wheel & TH8A shifter (T3PA pedals), I'm on PC, not console.

G25 on a PC.

Upshifts are a non issue for me, i just have to make sure to learn the delay on each car. It is a measure to prevent abusive upshifts without lifting.

But downshifts are horrible, because for some reason the delay it´s so huge that it doesn´t register the clutch being on/off properly. The reason why heel and toe works is because you end up being slower on the downshifts, and the game "reads" the clutch being on and off better.

I´m used to playing AC without the auto blip, so i don´t think it´s an issue of not knowing how to drive manual. It´s just weird that with auto clutch on the game does this process without any problems.

It´s difficult to explain without videos, i´ll try to make one for Youtube, because it´s very noticeable on Group C and Group 5 cars.

G25 on a PC.

Upshifts are a non issue for me, i just have to make sure to learn the delay on each car. It is a measure to prevent abusive upshifts without lifting.

But downshifts are horrible, because for some reason the delay it´s so huge that it doesn´t register the clutch being on/off properly. The reason why heel and toe works is because you end up being slower on the downshifts, and the game "reads" the clutch being on and off better.

I´m used to playing AC without the auto blip, so i don´t think it´s an issue of not knowing how to drive manual. It´s just weird that with auto clutch on the game does this process without any problems.

It´s difficult to explain without videos, i´ll try to make one for Youtube, because it´s very noticeable on Group C and Group 5 cars.
I think I know what you're saying, it's like the down gear change doesn't register until some throttle is applied. I'm not good at heal/toe but I do brake with my right foot but quickly switch to the throttle pedal to blip. Not the fastest but works good for me - in this case I don't notice the issue.

G25 on a PC.

Yeah tried that Lambo GTO car yesterday and oddly enough downshifting from 4th to 3rd stalled the engine completely until i put some gas pedal!
Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd worked perfect without any gas!
Really weird! It's like we're forced into heel&toe even on high gears!

Oh and BTW, I have an H shifter and have auto clutch off, and despite that I was able to drive the car perfectly on the pedal shifters (without any clutch needed; like a regular sequential car)

Yeah tried that Lambo GTO car yesterday and oddly enough downshifting from 4th to 3rd stalled the engine completely until i put some gas pedal!
Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd worked perfect without any gas!
Really weird! It's like we're forced into heel&toe even on high gears!

Oh and BTW, I have an H shifter and have auto clutch off, and despite that I was able to drive the car perfectly on the pedal shifters (without any clutch needed; like a regular sequential car)

If I remember rightly, this is true to life - the ole cars with manual gear boxes couldnt be crashed into gear, they had to have the revs balanced, so the game might be true to life. I dont use a shifter, only the paddles so I leave the auto clutch on and now dont have this issue at all.

Is there possibility to add in future patchs temporal AA slider like in PC1 on consoles?
Its been said that pCARS2 uses MSAAx4 which should be great yet it doesnt seem very efficient and alot of people on PS4 complain about flickering and aliasing. Original pCARS didnt have those problems and i remember it looking clean IQ wise.
It would be nice to be able to pick AA method that was used in PC1.

Am I right in saying that to move the brake bias to the front from the in car management menu you click the right button, but to do it from the car set up menu you click left? Or it could be that I am moving it in the wrong direction to what I think from either the ICM menu or the set up screen. That's the problem with a numeric value only. You need some kind of reference on the scale so you know which way you are moving. it's ok for other paremeters that are obvious, but some (like brake bias) aren't.

I think I misunderstood the share setup feature.

I thought it was going to be a list to filter and browser uploaded setups from where you can select and download one for your car. Most of the times the share setup block is gray'd out and other times where it is not the list is empty. However when I go to tuning I get a message 'share setup information received'...anyone knows what this means and what is going on here?

Am I right in saying that to move the brake bias to the front from the in car management menu you click the right button, but to do it from the car set up menu you click left? Or it could be that I am moving it in the wrong direction to what I think from either the ICM menu or the set up screen. That's the problem with a numeric value only. You need some kind of reference on the scale so you know which way you are moving. it's ok for other paremeters that are obvious, but some (like brake bias) aren't.
It could be a little more intuitive for sure. You could test it easily enough though by putting the bias all the way to one extreme, if you lose the rear you'll know that direction was rearward and so on.

Do you ask that about Assetto Corsa?

Exactly...it seems Project Cars is just that game people like to attack for no reason. Project Cars 2 has more features than any other sim on the market and in my opinion is one hell of a game. I really enjoyed the first game as well and always thought the way people dish it was unfair.

You guys should read the Codemasters F1 forums, hahahahah there actually people that say F1 2017's physics, especially in wet conditions is the best out there across all racing/driving sim games...

Is AC2 released yet and I'm not aware of that?! :rolleyes:

Pointless argument. In my opinion AC1 doesn't come anywhere near Pcars1 as a complete package either.

EDIT: On consoles

Pointless argument. In my opinion AC1 doesn't come anywhere near Pcars1 as a complete package either.

EDIT: On consoles

It was just because he asked if we ask that about AC while the guy was asking why PC2 got released when PC1 is still not complete.

For me, I question everything! I'm not either very satisfied with AC's career or features (lack of) or customization (lack of) or weather (lack of) or etc.
You get the point!

I like both games now actually!
For me, I still have a better feeling/driving experience in AC and better AI; so it's better for single player races or hot-lapping; it feels more serious.
PC2 is a much better overall game, with lots of features, online lobbies customization, better career, weather and livetrack; it feels more fun overall!

I think I misunderstood the share setup feature.

I thought it was going to be a list to filter and browser uploaded setups from where you can select and download one for your car. Most of the times the share setup block is gray'd out and other times where it is not the list is empty. However when I go to tuning I get a message 'share setup information received'...anyone knows what this means and what is going on here?
I get that message every time I load a setup. I think the game is just confused and thinks loading a personal save is the same as getting a shared one. Makes me wonder if our saves are also saving to a server somewhere just in case the share option ever works, and this is why it takes a few seconds to load the setup instead of it being instantaneous.

Back