Q&A with Slightly Mad Studios: Ian Bell [Read OP]

• Thread starter Kitten
  • 3,687 comments
Why not just play the full game for two hours then refund if you don't like it?

I really like the convenience and amount of time I get to spend with a demo. Two hours just isn't enough - doesn't allow time to stop playing, digest and come back to it later.

I really like the convenience and amount of time I get to spend with a demo. Two hours just isn't enough - doesn't allow time to stop playing, digest and come back to it later.
You're working within very specific parameters with a demo though, maybe one track and one car, and with limited options.
Anyway, there is no demo and there's not likely to be one, so I think Steam might be your only option.

Anyway, there is no demo and there's not likely to be one

That's why I am posting in this thread - just to see if they have plans on releasing one. PC: Pagani Edition (5 cars, 3 tracks) is the only reason I'm considering getting PC2.

I do appreciate the suggestion though 👍

That's why I am posting in this thread - just to see if they have plans on releasing one. PC: Pagani Edition (5 cars, 3 tracks) is the only reason I'm considering getting PC2.

I do appreciate the suggestion though 👍

If you enjoyed the Pagani edition, PC2 is basically better in every way so you won't be disappointed and 2hrs from Steam should confirm it enough :)

Pcars 2 is fantastic, but often small bugs cause me hate.
In the first event of builders with Ginetta GT5 at Sneterton 300 in the rain, I tried 3 times and did the pole, without any penalty, and simply wide at last.

and the HUD's virtual rearview mirror often goes off on the internal camera.

@IanBell are you jealous of Forza 7's Loot Crates?

Especially that they'll become pay2win:

Let me be clear: As of press time, Forza Motorsport 7 does not let you pay real money for its CR coins or for its loot boxes. But that will almost certainly change. Turn 10 confirmed its plans in a statement to Ars Technica: "Once we confirm that the game economy is balanced and fun for our players out in the wild, we plan to offer Tokens [a real-money currency that works like CR] as a matter of player choice. Some players appreciate using Tokens as a way of gaining immediate access to content that may take many hours to acquire in the normal course of play.

Sarcasm. Seriously, thanks for not even ever considering that, keep Project CARS classy :)

Sarcasm. Seriously, thanks for not even ever considering that, keep Project CARS classy :)
Yeah, the only reason I had to put up with terrible Forza/GT AI was to unlock content, not because I had a fun time racing them. So glad pCARS came out and can just race whatever I want and the AI (even with some issues) is miles ahead so it’s actually fun.

Disgusting. What a deplorable attempt at gouging money out of customers. Especially for parents that give their children an XBox Live allowance (like me), and don't pay attention to what their kids spend that allowance on (not like me). Hopefully Project Cars and Project Cars 2 have put a serious dent in Microsoft's plans to milk every penny they can out of their customers. These micro-transactions just frustrate the heck out of me.

And I don't even think DLC packs are a bad thing - I don't mind paying a little extra in the future for added game content.

Prize Crates :rolleyes:

This may have been mentioned before, if so I apologize. And if there's a different thread where this question would be more appropriate to ask, please point me in that direction.
But why must is be so difficult to change tires during a race? :confused:
You have to bring up the menu where you can request a pit stop, then you have to go through 2 or 3 sub menues before you even find the tire option (and fuel and damage) and then scroll through Hard, medium, soft, wet, extreme wet and snow. All while driving, staying on track, changing gears etc etc.
Wouldn't it make more sense to make that available as soon as you open the menu?

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. 👍

This may have been mentioned before, if so I apologize. And if there's a different thread where this question would be more appropriate to ask, please point me in that direction.
You have to bring up the menu where you can request a pit stop, then you have to go through 2 or 3 sub menues before you even find the tire option (and fuel and damage) and then scroll through Hard, medium, soft, wet, extreme wet and snow. All while driving, staying on track, changing gears etc etc.
Wouldn't it make more sense to make that available as soon as you open the menu?

It's a chore in itself just trying to get the edit remain.

Guys, setup a few Pit Strategies before the race and name them "Slicks + fuel" or "Rain + fuel" or "Slicks only" or "Rain only" and edit/save the strategies with appropriate tire compound and some fuel. Then all you need to do in the ICM is select the appropriate strategy out on the track (maybe adjust the fuel level). The pit strategies work across all cars, they are "global" unlike the vehicle setups (yes I know, there's a save/loading bug with vehicle setups. We're on it.)

Guys, setup a few Pit Strategies before the race and name them "Slicks + fuel" or "Rain + fuel" or "Slicks only" or "Rain only" and edit/save the strategies with appropriate tire compound and some fuel. Then all you need to do in the ICM is select the appropriate strategy out on the track (maybe adjust the fuel level). The pit strategies work across all cars, they are "global" unlike the vehicle setups (yes I know, there's a save/loading bug with vehicle setups. We're on it.)

Thanks, I'll also try that for the Pit Strategies in advance.
Was just about to ask what about the "Edit Tune" for in-game and glad to see you answered that indicating it's indeed a problem right now that is being addressed, hopefully to be released in a patch or two soon. Cheers.

Shouldn't tips like that be explained somewhere in the game? The vast majority of players probably won't fathom these types of design decisions by themselves (ergo, the question above).

An option to make changes while paused would be handy.

Didn't know that was an option. Will give it a try. Thank you 👍

Now that I have your attention. When you go into the controls menu and go to the ffb option (when using a wheel, in my case the g29). The presets you can pick between Raw/Immersive/I forget the last one. Are they not supposed to change the sliders below, Gain, FX etc etc.? Or is that now how it works? Are they independent of each other?

The presets you can pick between Raw/Immersive/I forget the last one. Are they not supposed to change the sliders below, Gain, FX etc etc.? Or is that now how it works? Are they independent of each other?

They are not fully independent. The flavor (Informative/Immersive/Raw) changes what the Tone represents. In addition, some internal settings also change with the flavor, not the position of these sliders though.

They are not fully independent. The flavor (Informative/Immersive/Raw) changes what the Tone represents. In addition, some internal settings also change with the flavor, not the position of these sliders though.

Arh okay. I figured the sliders would move depending on the choice of Flavor, and then you could fine tune them yourself, if you weren't satisfied with the preset outcome

Didn't know that was an option. Will give it a try. Thank you 👍

Now that I have your attention. When you go into the controls menu and go to the ffb option (when using a wheel, in my case the g29). The presets you can pick between Raw/Immersive/I forget the last one. Are they not supposed to change the sliders below, Gain, FX etc etc.? Or is that now how it works? Are they independent of each other?
Here you go, this is how they work.

Don't worry about it being for a T300, the settings work in the same way regardless of wheel, it's understanding the values and what they do that's key.

Here you go, this is how they work.

Don't worry about it being for a T300, the settings work in the same way regardless of wheel, it's understanding the values and what they do that's key.

Many, many thanks Scaff.
The settings are a little more clear thanks to your review.
I'm currently using immersive as I thought it was the closest setting to reality.
I look forward to trying your raw settings.
Thanks again for your time and effort.

Hello Ian.

I took this photo in the game (PS4) a few days ago;

Project CARS 2_20170926114619.jpg

I was trying to locate Orion's Belt in the night sky but it seemed to me like the stars were just
programmed/designed at random. Is our solar system supposed to be truthfully represented
in the game or is it all just random? I'm a geek when it comes to space so I'm really interested
if you have some information to share.

Oh and Ian is a driver in the game for those that didn't know. I took this screenshot today;
Project CARS 2_20171001150959.jpg

Back