Question: how will career mode work?

• Thread starter Boxster
  • 57 comments
The thing I like about the GT Cafe menus is PD could expand on it endlessly. New menus as dlc with new challenges. They could create championships as menu items. The big question is if they want to. If it turns out that the launch offerings are lame then responding to feedback with appropriate menus would be pretty easy.

Just a quote from the GT website. Forgot where someone was asking about prize cars.

The first thing that players will do in this world is to buy a compact car with their initial credits. Building on from there, they will take on races and various events so that they can switch to faster cars received as a reward from those events, or tune and upgrade their old ones to become faster as they progress through the game.

I can imagine the Z car Cup now. Will be pretty good. Just need the 280ZX and 300ZX Z31.
I wish that it can be located on the Brand Central like GT2 or GT4 but well the event format in GT7 for usual events are made different already too....

I just went back and checked and you're right, the main World Tracks screen does have Championships at the bottom.

View attachment 1111019

Fingers crossed you can scroll down, as six seems too few.
This GT7 Menu is..... Meh.
In comparison i really like what they did in GT Sport.
IMG_20220206_213436.jpg

IMG_20220206_213940.jpg

Love the old-school Vibe and the Visuals.
The GT2 Music 👌🏻 it's just very pleasing for the eyes. It took them forever to implement but you get that feeling of being excited to race, just like in the older games.

But why are they doing a 180° now with this approach...? 😅
Screenshot_20220206_215206_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg

Maybe they're doing this on purpose but it looks like as if they want to hide something.
Menu after Menu you have to click through.. Perhaps we can also swipe or scroll down.
This is probably not an accurate representation of how much their is either.
I think you unlock more and more through the Cafe. Maybe the Championship pages also have many Race Categories inside as well. It's exciting that's for sure!
34 Locations and 90+ Layouts could and should mean over hundreds of combined races.
Rally, formula GT, endurrance, Nascar.
Maybe they want to leave these as surprises but as of right now we know more about the Weather and Physics System than the actual Mode that is supposed to keeping us entertained lol

Maybe I'm asking for too much Info tho.
I'm trying to be more patient.
Hopefully we'll get a more in depth look closer to Release.
I wish for this to keeping me entertained and busy for Months if not years just like the old games.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220206_214736_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220206_214736_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 11
This GT7 Menu is..... Meh.
View attachment 1112031
View attachment 1112032
The GT2 Music 👌🏻 it's just very pleasing for the eyes. It took them forever to implement but you get that feeling of being excited to race, just like in the older games.

View attachment 1112035

Maybe they're doing this on purpose but it looks like as if they want to hide something.
Menu after Menu you have to click through.. Perhaps we can also swipe or scroll down.
This is probably not an accurate representation of how much their is either.
I think you unlock more and more through the Cafe. Maybe the Championship pages also have many Race Categories inside as well. It's exciting that's for sure!
34 Locations and 90+ Layouts could and should mean over hundreds of combined races.
Rally, formula GT, endurrance, Nascar.
Maybe they want to leave these as surprises but as of right now we know more about the Weather and Physics System than the actual Mode that is supposed to keeping us entertained lol

Maybe I'm asking for too much Info tho.
I'm trying to be more patient.
Hopefully we'll get a more in depth look closer to Release.
I wish for this to keeping me entertained and busy for Months if not years just like the old games.
I think that the GT World menu gives interesting variant to select tracks using the globe (other than not going into detail like Burnout 3 and Forza Motorsport 4's), and IMO, also locating them in their exact locations at the map (as that can cause likely inconvenience for some as the menus for tracks are now arranged not unlike the main map menu).

But I do think that it'd be better if there are 2 types of menus to choose events, like Forza Motorsport 4's World Tour and the Event List (complete), from events first or from tracks first (and with GT World menu in GT7 acting like GT4's Course Select in GT Mode like what I guessed before), which seems to imply in the GT7's first menu shown:
1644203736995.png

Of which there's Championships menu and Special Events menu (it's what GT2 calls it) which I think it's the implication there.

IMG_20220206_213436.jpg

IMG_20220206_213940.jpg

Minus the music, I don't vibe with this honestly. It reminds me of a mobile game like Asphalt. The only things missing are the intrusive "SALE!" or "TAP HERE FOR LIMITED GACHA!" buttons in the right, the gas/token/credits, and the "+" that will keep pulsating to lure you into thinking you're getting something for free only to find out it's a sale for one of them MTX's. 🤣

Granted GT7 main menu from the looks of it looks a lot like Gearclub, but I'm convinced I'll get used to it overtime. At least it isn't GT5's.
Screenshot_20220206_215206_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg
I like this more. It's more focused on the location and the tracks so you won't get confused on which places you'll go or if you want to stay in one specific track but still participating in different events.

I wonder tho, will they ever bring back that GT4-like menu?

I wonder what those three-digit numbers will mean near the event names? I think that while there are no PP limits for the player in those campaign events, those numbers imply the PP limits of your competition, and hopefully, we could see these regulations in Sport Mode races in GT7, except with an actual PP limit being enforced. Maybe we could even see multiples of the same general event, but with different PP ratings, not entirely unlike with GT3, but with the repetition of events being much less egregious in GT7's case.

I mean, there are some events where I think multiple iterations would be good, like how there can be so many FF/MR/FR/4WD road cars of varying power. I bet this could also be how we see the "+" variants of some events return from GT Sport - like the Vision GT Trophy - wherein instead of a plus sign, a higher PP limit of your opponents will be listed.

I'm definitely looking forward to the missions and other challenges, too, like the Music Rally. Absolutely want to try my hand at the drag race(s) and drift trial(s).

EDIT: And speaking of Music Rally, I think that's the very first thing we'll be doing, as we'll be driving a Porsche 356 Speedster. Then we'll be picking a car from the UCD - specifically one of the three Japanese compacts, being the Mazda Demio XD, the Toyota Aqua S, or the Honda Fit Hybrid. From there, we'll be tasked with getting the other two compacts, possibly from events. I think it's only after that that we'll be able to access Brand Central and the license tests.

At any rate, I plan to buy the Aqua from the UCD, and then potentially buy a new one at Brand Central later to leave as-stock, assuming that I'm not awarded another one via the campaign. Meanwhile, my idea is to take that first car of mine and mod it as much as the game will let me. I maintain my plan to otherwise spend as few credits as possible during the course of the campaign, but eventually buy at least two of each car - or at least most of the models - so I can leave one as-stock and modify the other. I might even get three of the same car if I like more than one set of modifications.

But I digress. I'm definitely looking forward to the event listings, the prize car list - all of it. Likely gonna check the reviews first - especially for the PS4 version since I plan to get that version - but I bet the MetaCritic score will be above 80, in which case I'll get the game within the first week of release!

Last edited:
The first thing that players will do in this world is to buy a compact car with their initial credits. Building on from there, they will take on races and various events so that they can switch to faster cars received as a reward from those events, or tune and upgrade their old ones to become faster as they progress through the game.
THANK YOU

Last edited:
Okay, looking through the beginning of the SOP video. When I stop at the Sunday Cup, the conditions are any car is usable. The Main Rivals show two Demios and two Aquas. In the starting Grid pre-race, the Swift and Beat are on the grid. If a car 20,000 Cr. And under is in the UCD when we boot up the game, that’s fair play to start with

The User’s car at the top of the screen, is the Fit HYBRID. This is why the User collects all three Japanese Compacts, in addition to acquiring the Demio as a Prize car.

It would be real silly to be at Level 14 and still doing Sunday Cup, with no progression.

The thing I like about the GT Cafe menus is PD could expand on it endlessly. New menus as dlc with new challenges. They could create championships as menu items. The big question is if they want to. If it turns out that the launch offerings are lame then responding to feedback with appropriate menus would be pretty easy.
I definitely see it like this - with (hopefully) monthly updates if new cars and tracks, they can create more Cafe Menus to increase the collection periods and race events. I think updates will bring new cars which added with current day one cars creates the new Cafe Menus. 30 menus to start with but over time this number could easily be at least double.

i made a pre order for the 25 edition so i will have 1.500.000, but still i start to play like i just have 20.000 credits.
Just because that is just a lot of fun from GT start with low money slow cars, and earn youre way to upgrade parts and faster cars.

i made a pre order for the 25 edition so i will have 1.500.000, but still i start to play like i just have 20.000 credits.
Just because that is just a lot of fun from GT start with low money slow cars, and earn youre way to upgrade parts and faster cars.
With the not so competent AI this is much more fun than grinding the missions with the fastest cars you can get.
I reserve all my earned credits for building my car collection at first.

I mean, there are some events where I think multiple iterations would be good, like how there can be so many FF/MR/FR/4WD road cars of varying power. I bet this could also be how we see the "+" variants of some events return from GT Sport - like the Vision GT Trophy - wherein instead of a plus sign, a higher PP limit of your opponents will be listed.
This is what GT2 (with hp limit) and for more subtle version, GT3 did and this is what I'd want in a career mode and that I think it'd be good as multiple iterations of an event can make use of the car list more, and it's true that for drivetrain events, cars on any level can fit one of the drivetrains, not only the lower ones like how those events are usually done in the games as some starter events for newer cars. Like, FR events can be divided into cars from Toyota 86 level, to TVR Tuscan Speed 6 level, to SLR McLaren level.

There are even other ways for multiple iterations without changing the lineups, like for example the manufacturer races like Nissan GT-R Cup can consist of races of the GT-Rs at stock, and the higher level ones can bring up max tuned GT-R or also the Super GT GT-Rs. Again like older games such as GT1 that has heavily tuned up cars as opponents in races like Megaspeed (though of course it's also due to lack of variety of the cars but using tuned up cars can create more variety).

And probably there can be other divisions that currently the ones that was seen in the trailer so far in the trailer was Country-based drivetrain events like Japanese FR Challenge.

When completing a race in the Sunday Cup, I hope it leads to the next round rather than searching for another track that has the event. So far it’s unclear what the progression is going to be like as I see that every single track has different event types. Also, I do prefer the look of the early version of the menu design as it gives me GT4 vibes.

When completing a race in the Sunday Cup, I hope it leads to the next round rather than searching for another track that has the event. So far it’s unclear what the progression is going to be like as I see that every single track has different event types. Also, I do prefer the look of the early version of the menu design as it gives me GT4 vibes.
I'm fairly sure there's got to be some sort of event list somewhere. Even if just to point in the right direction.

And if not then the fast paced ability of the writers here at GTP will have an event list in no time.

I just hope we can make it as difficult as we want it. Sliders would be great. But, with a caveat…

I don’t want it to automatically pay extra credits for playing at a higher difficulty level. I WANT the grind.

I want to struggle to get close to the podium, but one day just manage 3rd. I’ll then win just enough credits to be able to afford one or two upgrades. Maybe new dampers, or tyres. I want to be able to actually value the upgrades I work hard to earn, to feel the change, and spend time on each tweak to my setup. Then I’ll be consistently hitting 3rd, eventually getting 2nd or even 1st, and maybe then I can afford a turbo conversion that will allow me to make a sideways move into a different racing class.

I don’t want to have a boring, easy race to ensure I’m not awarded way too many credits. And I don’t want to race against fast opposition to then be slapped with a free car or loads of credits out of nowhere, negating any kind of evolution or journey in building a car from stock to almost-racecar.

Let us choose the difficulty.

But also, crucially, let us choose how generous the rewards are - independently of the difficulty.

Last edited:
I just hope we can make it as difficult as we want it. Sliders would be great. But, with a caveat…

I don’t want it to automatically pay extra credits for playing at a higher difficulty level. I WANT the grind.

I want to struggle to get close to the podium, but one day just manage 3rd. I’ll then win just enough credits to be able to afford one or two upgrades. Maybe new dampers, or tyres. I want to be able to actually value the upgrades I work hard to earn, to feel the change, and spend time on each tweak to my setup. Then I’ll be consistently hitting 3rd, eventually getting 2nd or even 1st, and maybe then I can afford a turbo conversion that will allow me to make a sideways move into a different racing class.

I don’t want to have a boring, easy race to ensure I’m not awarded way too many credits. And I don’t want to race against fast opposition to then be slapped with a free car or loads of credits out of nowhere, negating any kind of evolution or journey in building a car from stock to almost-racecar.

Let us choose the difficulty.

But also, crucially, let us choose how generous the rewards are - independently of the difficulty.
I didn’t notice any extra points(Clean race bonus, level car bonus) when the races were completed. Maybe that’s done with.

I didn’t notice any extra points(Clean race bonus, level car bonus) when the races were completed. Maybe that’s done with.

I suppose I wouldn’t mind bonuses like that.

But what I would mind is a reward system that correlated with the difficulty. For example, set the AI difficulty to twice as difficult as ‘normal’ and then get awarded twice as many credits for a win as you would on normal. For me that would defeat the object of setting the difficulty high in general. At least, game progression would then be accelerated. Which I don’t want.

I’m not sure what options there will be in terms of AI difficulty. Like I said earlier, a slider would be perfect. And surely not difficult to implement.

I suppose I wouldn’t mind bonuses like that.

But what I would mind is a reward system that correlated with the difficulty. For example, set the AI difficulty to twice as difficult as ‘normal’ and then get awarded twice as many credits for a win as you would on normal. For me that would defeat the object of setting the difficulty high in general. At least, game progression would then be accelerated. Which I don’t want.

I’m not sure what options there will be in terms of AI difficulty. Like I said earlier, a slider would be perfect. And surely not difficult to implement.
It was mentioned by Kaz that AI will have three set difficulties. Beginner, intermediate and professional. As we have in GTS.

GTS increases payout, based on AI difficulty, in Custom Race. We’ll see if that’s translated to GT7’s Career.

Dunno if that'd be level related.
All I can see are the points accrued from the Sunday Cup and that 35,000 Cr from the Porsche Cup.

At this stage, I don’t care about the economy. I’m looking at, possibly, another four years of game play. I’ll have the stealth RX-V, Porsche LL and Supra GT500. Plus, the 1.5mil pre-order Cr. When I can buy the Gr.4 Supra, CSLs and all the Z cars, I’ll be fine. Everything else are a bonus. Plenty of time to get the cars I want.

I'm definitely curious about some of the new events, like the Sunday Cup Classic that's held at Goodwood, but I'm also hoping some events return from older GT games, too. This is especially when you consider that there are now newer models that can enter those same classic events, such as the Type R Meeting.

There is a minor concern I have, though. I just hope that the events that either use F1-styled cars or the Red Bull cars don't have too much overlap. I understand that the Red Bull Ring would make sense for events featuring the X2014 Jr., the Mercedes-AMG W08, the X2014 Standard, and X2019 Competition, but not so much for the F1500T-A. This is on top of how some F1 courses are also used with prototypes and/or touring cars, like Spa-Francorchamps.

What I'd potentially do to address this, is have more of the races for the X2014 and X2019 events be held on courses they raced on in previous iterations of the FIAGTCs, like Le Mans or Sardegna A. If there is a Gr.1 event that specifically limits you to the older Group C racers, I'd also diversify things more by having a round at Le Mans without the chicanes.

Furthermore, Brands Hatch apparently hasn't held a GP since 1986, so I'd have a round there with the F1500T-A, but for the W08, I'd have it race at Silverstone, instead. (That is, if/when it returns.) Similarly, since Fuji Speedway stopped hosting GPs after 2009, I'd also have a round there with the F1500T-A, with that venue being replaced with Suzuka for the events featuring the W08, X2014 Standard, and X2019 Competition.

In fact, I'd focus on the W08's races basically being like the Real Circuit Tours event, except at modern F1 venues like Catalunya, even including Monaco. (Like Silverstone, though, this is dependent on if/when it returns.) If we go by the courses confirmed for GT7, we can include Monza, Interlagos, Suzuka, the Red Bull Ring, and Catalunya at least, with Silverstone and Monaco being potential rounds. I'd throw in a round at the Nurburgring GP, too.

Of course, just going by the 2022 F1 calendar, that's not to say we can't have two races in the same nation, with the USA and Italy being examples this year. But I would ideally like to avoid too much overlap between the potential events for the W08, X2014 Jr., X2014 Standard, and X2019 Competition.

EDIT: I also want more endurance events - not to say I want more races that are long, but rather, simply in the endurance format, where instead of a lap count, there's a fixed amount of time for the drivers to complete as many laps as they can. They don't even need to be necessarily long races - just formatted differently. I'd also hope that some metrics that went un-used in GTS would find use in GT7, like mandatory pits, recommended laps to pit, different refueling rates, maximum fuel tank limits, and so on. Either way, I hope that the endurances in GT7 are no longer than 4hrs. Anything more than that, I think, is absurd. I mean, I'd be fine with there being a lobby option to have a true 24hr endurance, I just don't want to be forced to race against the AI - as good as it may be, especially with Sophy - for over 4hrs. I wouldn't even mind seeing some Sport Mode endurances, either, but not entirely unlike my hopes for the campaign, 4hrs would be my limit.

Last edited:
There’s no dedicated campaign mode, not as far as I can tell. Each track appears to be a hub that integrates several activities, including the themed events known from older GT campaigns. GT Café will probably provide structure.

I'm definitely curious about some of the new events, like the Sunday Cup Classic that's held at Goodwood, but I'm also hoping some events return from older GT games, too. This is especially when you consider that there are now newer models that can enter those same classic events, such as the Type R Meeting.

There is a minor concern I have, though. I just hope that the events that either use F1-styled cars or the Red Bull cars don't have too much overlap. I understand that the Red Bull Ring would make sense for events featuring the X2014 Jr., the Mercedes-AMG W08, the X2014 Standard, and X2019 Competition, but not so much for the F1500T-A. This is on top of how some F1 courses are also used with prototypes and/or touring cars, like Spa-Francorchamps.

What I'd potentially do to address this, is have more of the races for the X2014 and X2019 events be held on courses they raced on in previous iterations of the FIAGTCs, like Le Mans or Sardegna A. If there is a Gr.1 event that specifically limits you to the older Group C racers, I'd also diversify things more by having a round at Le Mans without the chicanes.

Furthermore, Brands Hatch apparently hasn't held a GP since 1986, so I'd have a round there with the F1500T-A, but for the W08, I'd have it race at Silverstone, instead. (That is, if/when it returns.) Similarly, since Fuji Speedway stopped hosting GPs after 2009, I'd also have a round there with the F1500T-A, with that venue being replaced with Suzuka for the events featuring the W08, X2014 Standard, and X2019 Competition.

In fact, I'd focus on the W08's races basically being like the Real Circuit Tours event, except at modern F1 venues like Catalunya, even including Monaco. (Like Silverstone, though, this is dependent on if/when it returns.) If we go by the courses confirmed for GT7, we can include Monza, Interlagos, Suzuka, the Red Bull Ring, and Catalunya at least, with Silverstone and Monaco being potential rounds. I'd throw in a round at the Nurburgring GP, too.

Of course, just going by the 2022 F1 calendar, that's not to say we can't have two races in the same nation, with the USA and Italy being examples this year. But I would ideally like to avoid too much overlap between the potential events for the W08, X2014 Jr., X2014 Standard, and X2019 Competition.
1644978292197.png
1644978309013.png

Back