Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,806 comments
Who needs fenders.
11012448_729993990451653_992365425500991182_n.jpg

THis thing is absolutely awesome.

I find the Eclipse pretty interesting. I still wouldn't want to be seen in one, but it looks like actual effort went into redesigning the whole body, even the bigger wheels kinda fit and give it nice proportions. Reminds me a lot of Hot Wheels Acceleracers, also due to the colours. Not sure if that's a good thing :lol:

That said, taking a closer look it is a ricer in many ways, roof scoop, probably fake side exhausts and probably stock Eclipse tech underneath. I want to like it, but it's just a well packaged riced car.

I find the Eclipse pretty interesting. I still wouldn't want to be seen in one, but it looks like actual effort went into redesigning the whole body, even the bigger wheels kinda fit and give it nice proportions. Reminds me a lot of Hot Wheels Acceleracers, also due to the colours. Not sure if that's a good thing :lol:

That said, taking a closer look it is a ricer in many ways, roof scoop, probably fake side exhausts and probably stock Eclipse tech underneath. I want to like it, but it's just a well packaged riced car.

That's a photoshop... Besides, it's been made by Brian Spilner. You know, that guy with the green Eclipse in Fast and Furious?

http://brianspilner.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0

I just don't get how people cannot get obvious photoshop and actual photography.

Looked at it on my phone screen, besides being small it auto 'enhances' images by adding lots of contrast and altering colours so it looked conceiving when I took a few glances this morning. As a photographer myself, yes, that was pretty stupid, I didn't pay attention to the surroundings or deviantart watermark and didn't expect a manipulated image here. At least that explains why the proportions seemed so much better than on actual Eclipses. To be fair it's a well done rendering, things like the perspective and lighting on some parts give it away but without looking at it properly I didn't notice.

I just noticed, that a lot of pictures in this topic, has nothing to do with questionable, but are plain riced/stupid/dangerous/ridiculous and a big no.
for example:
00v0v_9JYhzN0ebqJ_600x450.jpg

This is not questionable, but a fact that the majority will not like it.
And you could not get away with that in a lot of countries.It's just dangerous.
But that's what i think, i know that DONK fans, will call me an idiot.

2001_ford_ka_show_car_11.jpg

This is between questionable and riced. I like it, but will the Ka perform how it looks.
Questionable: How does the KA look from every side, and can it perform how it looks.
I would drive it, but i would not buy it (anymore, i would 28 years ago;))
And lot of members here will call me an idiot now.

BUT DO NOT STOP WITH THOSE EXTREME PICTURES!! I LIKE THIS TOPIC VERY VERY MUCH.
IT SCARES ME BUT ALSO MAKES ME LAUGH.
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Last edited:
hsv
Which all translate to being questionable.
Really? Questionable is having doubts, the majority will not doubt about a lot of extreme pictures.
So a question would not be needed.
But then again, it's a matter of opinion.So i'm not right, but also not wrong.:cheers:

Yes it is. And the other one is both RICEd and questionable.
So you think that it is possible that that DONK car can drive on the road in your country? I bet it will not be allowed and the police will pull it off the road. Answer will always be NO and a question would be obsolete.
Only if you're american you could call it questionable.:cheers:

And about that AUDI TT Photoshop, if you looked at the lighting, you can see that it does not match the rest of the picture.You will learn in time to recognise it (photoshoppers became very good and made it hard too see, so yes i fell for it way back), but kudo's for "brian spilner" he put in a lot of work in that, Looks over the top, but the effort put in that..wow.(if he changed a TT and did not copy paste it from another picture)

Really? Questionable is having doubts, the majority will not doubt about a lot of extreme pictures.
So a question would not be needed.
But then again, it's a matter of opinion.So i'm not right, but also not wrong.
It's a tongue-in-cheek questioning. I think you're taking it slightly too literally.

hsv
It's a tongue-in-cheek questioning. I think you're taking it slightly too literally.
Yup. But i was curious how you guys see it.
And i thank you for your answer.👍;)
I love this topic, i see awesome findings here that almost make me doubt myself when i like a car:P.

So you think that it is possible that that DONK car can drive on the road in your country? I bet it will not be allowed and the police will pull it off the road. Answer will always be NO and a question would be obsolete.
Only if you're american you could call it questionable.:cheers:
That doesn't help your case, I mean modifying any car for purely aesthetic purposes is very arguably questionable if it doesn't have any other functions (I.E not a road or track car) and making it look like that is certainly questionable.

@hsv and @legacyMACHINE
To make up for your time i give you my questionable history of cars.
Containing riced and lots of questionable and to add something to this topic.

First car in 1987, very ricy.( and yes, i converted a starlet with a Golf MK2 bodykitt)
auto006.jpg
auto008.jpg
auto009.jpg
auto010.jpg

Second Car, original a MK2 manhattan diesel converted to GTD look with the famous ATS 15"cup rims
auto011.jpg

3rd a Toyota Corolla 2.0D '93 converted to GTSI look
auto015.jpg
auto016.jpg

4th car, and very questionable choices i made with this Focus.
auto17.jpg

but when i look now at those wheels, it was good that they got stolen.
But did i know better in the next picture??
auto018.jpg

back then i liked it, but now? I'm not sure anymore, i like the rim design.
BTW. ^^ this is was not my focus, i just shopped the rims on it.
This was my focus (also a diesel)
Image1.jpg

Bye.

\edit, as far as i know, the starlet doesn't excist anymore.
and the other cars are exported to poland and africa.

Last edited:
First car in 1987, very ricy.( and yes, i converted a starlet with a Golf MK2 bodykitt)
View attachment 318554 View attachment 318555 View attachment 318556 View attachment 318557
Very period correct. Wouldn't work anymore, but in a way fits for the car.
Second Car, original a MK2 manhattan diesel converted to GTD look with the famous ATS 15"cup rims
View attachment 318558
I bet, that no one would even notice.
3rd a Toyota Corolla 2.0D '93 converted to GTSI look
View attachment 318559 View attachment 318560
It's an early 90s Corolla. If you ask me, it belongs in a scrap yard no matter what you've done to it.
4th car, and very questionable choices i made with this Focus.
View attachment 318561
I agree. Block of wood doesn't work very well as wheels.
but when i look now at those wheels, it was good that they got stolen.
But did i know better in the next picture??
View attachment 318562
back then i liked it, but now? I'm not sure anymore, i like the rim design.
BTW. ^^ this is was not my focus, i just shopped the rims on it.
This was my focus (also a diesel)
View attachment 318584
Well, it's not great, but it's not awful either.

:(

Latest Posts

Back