Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,814 comments
Not sure if this has been in here before, but judging by the plate and hood decal, at least they know what they've got.

poser-1--559cff720955b.jpg

It’s been posted several times. IIRC it’s a prop from a cell phone commercial.

I won't hotlink the pictures so no one dies from a heart attack from the shock. It also claims to have twin turbos, but I can't find any.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/saleen/s7/1866146.html
Granted this is no guarantee, but I believe I detect an intercooler.

I have to wonder, though, how they can get away with calling it that in the header. I know they're not trying to pull a fast one because the description reveals the dirty little secret [that nobody didn't know], but it still rubs me as a bit sleazy.

Out of all those pickup converted vehicles, I enjoy the Continental and the Charger, mainly due to craftmanship quality. The Charger looks like it contains elements from a Dodge Caravan, and they seem to fit *nicely. The Continental, while having barely any finishes, looks well done in terms of bodywork. Nothing is out of place, except for the additional axle; could've done without that. The others just remind me of HotWheels (that S10 is just pitiful and that Infiniti is hideous).

*given the configuration of this vehicle. It doesn't look 'shoddy' or Photoshopped.

Granted this is no guarantee, but I believe I detect an intercooler.

I have to wonder, though, how they can get away with calling it that in the header. I know they're not trying to pull a fast one because the description reveals the dirty little secret [that nobody didn't know], but it still rubs me as a bit sleazy.

The stock LS1 plastic intake manifold kind of gives it away, even if there's actually a turbo kit hidden somewhere in that engine bay, there's no way it'll ever make enough power to get to the 230mph they claim it can do. I get the feeling they looked up the specs of an S7TT and just copy/pasted the whole lot. Quite sleazy.

Last edited:
How many different cars is that? I see Mercury interior and Chevy Lumina exterior, but no idea what that middle bit was, unless that was also Mercury. I have to say that the bodywork of the hood to the front fenders is surprisingly well done. The front still looks hideous though. Couldn't they at least have shined up the headlights?

I'm not an atheist, but this is too much.

Jesus-Car.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

toyota-sera.jpg

toyota-sera3.jpg

Shocking.
16-dragon-cruiser-02.jpg

This is actually real.
sad-custom-japan-stinger-200hiace-is-a-lamborghini-styled-minivan-photo-gallery-98964_1.jpg

built-not-bought-oldsmobile-custom-cruiser-photo-gallery_21.jpg

Audi-A2-Tuning-4.jpg

Does this count?
karacsonyi-otletcunami-smart-clinicben-12-15-tuningold-fel-szeretteid-autojat_5a33eb2b55403.jpg

Despite I don't like the Opel Tigra, this isn't that bad
hqdefault.jpg

Back