Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,814 comments

e6pqq121hqo41.jpg

n4rqqvyvdxn41.jpg

The sad part is... this was done unironically.

ziz3qkg4GrkV3TX-EmSEjFIewFIq8R3ay4O8rXhnz_4.jpg

lwwpp7ipl6p41.jpg

wo5mh4p7n1o41.jpg

l3n77ndjuxn41.jpg

tR0Trp-6JJcXMqdGSYuH0ttBdaQjbWirEUsGxyoQX_c.jpg

These custom 4x4/Truck grills. I just...

GR1000-1_header-600x338.jpg

F144072942.png

2017_chevy_hd_grumper.jpg

2011-jeep-wrangler-jku-terminatorjeep-front-custom-grill.jpg

Like...are they supposed to be funny? Because they just end up looking like Disney Villains.
I see so many of these where I live. I don't know why, but suburban NJ is loaded with new Wranglers, many of which are modded like those above. The worst part is, most of 'em are driven by young kids and will never touch any surface other than tarmac, or the occasional gravel parking lot. From what I've heard, Wranglers drive pretty clumsy and have an uncomfortable interior. Total waste of money TBH.

Between those derpy plastic grilles and the red or green daytime running lights I've see on so many Wranglers, I presume they have to be dealership add-ons. They're just too widespread to be strictly aftermarket.

I see so many of these where I live. I don't know why, but suburban NJ is loaded with new Wranglers, many of which are modded like those above. The worst part is, most of 'em are driven by young kids and will never touch any surface other than tarmac, or the occasional gravel parking lot. From what I've heard, Wranglers drive pretty clumsy and have an uncomfortable interior. Total waste of money TBH.
Wranglers aren't really what you'd want for a daily driver, largely because they're always fitted with off-road tires that give horrible ride quality on pavement. But they're SUV sized, they look "rugged" and dealerships have tons of off-lease models that you can haggle down to a somewhat reasonable price*, so they tend to be everywhere.

*until you have to pay out the wazoo for maintenance, of course

2 door Wranglers make great city cars though. Probably not so much in countries where gas actually costs money, but it's a very short list of cars I've found as easy to park in tight parking spots; and the death wobble doesn't matter when you aren't going highway speeds.

Last edited:
2 door Wranglers make great city cars though. Probably not so much in countries where gas actually costs money, but it's a very short list of cars I've found as easy to park in tight parking spots; and the death wobble doesn't matter when you aren't going highway speeds.
And that's the other thing. Seems like no one buys 2-door Wranglers these days. Almost 100% of the Wranglers I see near me are the Unlimited.

And that's the other thing. Seems like no one buys 2-door Wranglers these days. Almost 100% of the Wranglers I see near me are the Unlimited.
Blame the dealerships who mostly stock 4 door ones, except in high-end Rubicon trim. You pretty much have to go to the website and spec out one in 2 doors if you want one.

[URL='https://www.reddit.com/r/****ty_Car_Mods/comments/fq5ww9/yeah_lets_give_everyone_on_the_highway_a_seizure/'][/URL]

[URL='https://www.reddit.com/r/****ty_Car_Mods/comments/fq0xp6/the_horror/'][/URL]

2-door Wranglers and MX-5s appeal to me in the exact same way, and I would actually cross shop them.

upload_2020-3-31_19-36-41.png

Poor Saturn

88ldk7k5pxp41.jpg

djcxnycfvgp41.jpg

[URL='https://www.reddit.com/r/****ty_Car_Mods/comments/fs5b1v/****ty_car_pt2/'][/URL]

[URL='https://www.reddit.com/r/****ty_Car_Mods/comments/fseifh/audi_cavalier/'][/URL]

The proportions are all wrong to be on a Prowler. Look at the door to front where space on a Prowler vs a C5. It was probably a damaged car/ salvage title that someone decided to have fun with
253D6533-6E29-4697-8F5B-9F1E3EC8E583.jpeg
9BE8325B-3F9B-45C3-A9F4-7FD2225C51DC.jpeg

Back