Questions about Forza

How does its simulation mode compare with GT's? Are there prize cars in any of the Forza games (that can't be bought)? Does it have the prize collecting aspect of GT?

I haven' played the third, but if it's setup the same as the first two once you win a car it becomes unlocked for purchase. You can also buy any of the cars on the auction house before unlocking them.

I'd say it's about the same distance away from true simulation as the GT5:tt,
well maybe a hint further. But they achieve it a bit differently.

And every car is available for purchase from day 1, which is great.
Some just cost so astronomically that you probably won't buy them at all.

As a long time player of Forza, I'll do my best to answer your questions...

How does its simulation mode compare with GT's?

In Forza 3, Turn 10 introduced a new 'Season Mode' that lets you play through a pre-set group of races that is decided by the cars you own, or what kind of money you want to spend on new rides. That being said, you can still go through the game chronologically if you like, starting with the slowest cars in the F class and ending up with the final race series with the R1 vehicles.

Forza does do an interesting job coming up with clever races between makes, models, and classes to keep things interesting as well.

Are there prize cars in any of the Forza games (that can't be bought)?

There are some models that can only be purchased with a VIP pass, as well as some "hidden" special vehicles that are only available online, I believe (the Camaro SS was one). But, if you are a VIP member on XBL, you do get special cars monthly that are usually pretty interesting, and rarely of poor quality. I believe last month it was a modified Ford Mustang GT with a Crackdown 2 livery.

Does it have the prize collecting aspect of GT?

Forza, in my opinion, is less about "prizes" and more about "niches." It would be great to find that special Camaro that is otherwise impossible to find, but if you can drive it properly, what's the point? Generally speaking, if you've got a fast car... That's all that matters. I see people running Honda Fit Sports in the B and A class that will totally wipe the floor with most Ferraris and Porsches. That, I'd say, is more special by day's end.

Ok if in Forza prize cars only become purchasable after you whn them I'm switching from GT to Forza. Unless GT6 does a better job at the prize system.

Ok if in Forza prize cars only become purchasable after you whn them I'm switching from GT to Forza. Unless GT6 does a better job at the prize system.

Uh, you can buy prize cars from level 1, it's the credit cost's that stop you.

Also, you only get prize cars for levels (1-50).

All in thanks to the "retarded" glitchers that ruined for the rest of us, creating fake Silver accounts and abusing the system.

Is that why it's like that?

Huh. I thought it was Microsoft's doing, trying to make a feature exclusive to Live Gold...you know, for encouragement.

Is that why it's like that?

Huh. I thought it was Microsoft's doing, trying to make a feature exclusive to Live Gold...you know, for encouragement.
Well, yes....that would be par for the course for Microsoft. But in this particular instance, people were making Silver accounts and pumping up auction prices and abusing the system. The outcry in the forums had Turn 10 come in with a patch that disabled this feature in Forza 2, and in Forza 3, just decided to not make it an option at all.

Too bad they didn't spend more time around figuring out a way to prevent silver users from abusing it. I am sure there has to be a way, but apparently not.

Well, yes....that would be par for the course for Microsoft. But in this particular instance, people were making Silver accounts and pumping up auction prices and abusing the system. The outcry in the forums had Turn 10 come in with a patch that disabled this feature in Forza 2, and in Forza 3, just decided to not make it an option at all.

Too bad they didn't spend more time around figuring out a way to prevent silver users from abusing it. I am sure there has to be a way, but apparently not.

It's a shame those rats always find a way to ruin it for everyone.... I mean those little feral gaming rats.

In Forza3 the prize cars are simply for racing. There is no prize car for any event and no cars that are locked other than DLCs which you have not purchased at the time.

Forza uses an EXP system, each level you get a car all the way up to level 50. These cars start at F class POS and end at R1 for the last 5 cars at levels 45-50.

All cars can be bought if you have the credits and it is possible to attain level 50 without ever running a career mode race hence getting all the prize cars but running none of the events.

When I created my second account on Forza 3 I wanted to advance in levels quickly to get all the cars so I just took a R1 that a friend gifted me out into a private online race and went round and round the big oval a bit. Since I was using a wheel I was able to eat, drink and smoke while just destroying the AI on the hardest level. Pretty boring really but got some good cash and exp very quickly. The AI in this case was so slow that in a 25 lap race I pulled over at lap 12 without pausing the game, went to the bathroom, the fridge, grabbed a soda and some chips and went I pulled out the 2nd place car was still over 1KM behind me. Talk about easy cash and exp!

Yes, and you need Xbox Live Gold to use it.

Which, is awfully retarded. You also need Gold for the Storefront as well.
Yeah, it's retarded to have a properly maintained, reliable on-line presence in the game that most SONY games sorely lack... PSN is free for a reason.

Yeah, it's retarded to have a properly maintained, reliable on-line presence in the game that most SONY games sorely lack... PSN is free for a reason.

Yeah, I need to spend real money to participate in a fake auction house, spending faking money, driving fake cars. I have Live Gold anyway, but you see where I'm driving (no pun intended). :P

For a second I thought I was on another forum; someone actually defending Xbox - I'll be damned. :lol:

Back