Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
I'm not trying to be mean or "that guy" but the 'faq' is very poorly done and borderline unreadable... And most of the questions are only asked once; how is that frequent?

But this thread's about questioning GTPlanet moderators and they help GTPlanet run.
It's not getting moved, m'kay?
What if they're spamming it for no almost no reason?
If someone is, report it. If you are, stop.
also, you guys should use this meme:
I have posted that picture before.
Do you guys ever feel overwhelmed with all the moderation you sometimes have to do?
Many hands and all that, but there were times when I'd log in, intending for it to be a short visit, see the moderation queue, sigh and buckle down for an hour to knock some off the list.
I'm not trying to be mean or "that guy" but the 'faq' is very poorly done and borderline unreadable... And most of the questions are only asked once; how is that frequent?
Feel free to try to improve on it an PM kikie so he can look it over.

TB
Chocobo racing in Final Fantasy VII. 👍

👍

Awesome answer.

One of my favourite things to do in that game was breed and race chocobos. I played the game through so many times and had to make sure I did that.

Anyone remember Super Hang-On? That was my fave racing game at the time. Shame I lost my sense of humour at some point.

Hey, One is a frequency.

Anyone remember Super Hang-On? That was my fave racing game at the time. Shame I lost my sense of humour at some point.

How unrealistic. The tires don't jump when you bang the kerbs. And the AI are clearly sandbagging.

Last edited:
To save all mods getting all reports, do some of you get the reports from a set forum? For example, one gets all the reports from GT6 thread and nobody else does?

I think you need a pair of glasses. Borderline unreadable?

If I should posts something like that, I'm negative and when someone else does it, Danny likes it. :odd:

I have a feeling ildd was referring to the formatting. Borderline unreadable is a bit harsh though.

If you are open to suggestions kikie, maybe quote the actual posts (questions and answers) and put a row of -------- before each question to separate them. Would be more time investment on your part, and obviously depends on what you want it to look like.

Yes, I'm open to suggestions. :)

Quoting the actual posts is something I thought about doing. Let me look into that. Quoting all the answers is going to be undoable though.

The dotted line is a good suggestion.

Well, it has to look decent, well-organized and orderly.

To save all mods getting all reports, do some of you get the reports from a set forum? For example, one gets all the reports from GT6 thread and nobody else does?
No, we all get access to all reports and can see how and by whom they were dealt with. All deleted posts and threads remain visible to all staff and all warnings are recorded, even if they've expired. No secrets and full transparency ensures that all are treated fairly and within the rules.

We can also see the history of edited posts - you can't hide anything from us, either. :mischievous:

No, we all get access to all reports and can see how and by whom they were dealt with. All deleted posts and threads remain visible to all staff and all warnings are recorded, even if they've expired. No secrets and full transparency ensures that all are treated fairly and within the rules.

We can also see the history of edited posts - you can't hide anything from us, either. :mischievous:
I heard George Orwell wrote a book about GTP admins. 1984 I think it was

I think you need a pair of glasses. Borderline unreadable?

If I should posts something like that, I'm negative and when someone else does it, Danny likes it. :odd:
I have a feeling ildd was referring to the formatting. Borderline unreadable is a bit harsh though.

If you are open to suggestions kikie, maybe quote the actual posts (questions and answers) and put a row of -------- before each question to separate them. Would be more time investment on your part, and obviously depends on what you want it to look like.
Yes, that was a bit harsh and wrong word choice. I meant that the format is... weird. And there's no reason to have 10 question marks for a question. Stuff like that. This weekend I'll modify it and see if you like it.

Yes, that was a bit harsh and wrong word choice. I meant that the format is... weird. And there's no reason to have 10 question marks for a question. Stuff like that. This weekend I'll modify it and see if you like it.
It's ok. :)

I'm changing the 'format' and try to make it more readable. I have to go through 81 pages and wanted to make it easy for myself, that's why I chose that 'format'. About the question marks, it was part of the question.

As I said, I'm open to suggestions. Let me know if the changes are better or not.

What are you going to modify? :confused:

I was just going to "sort" the questions into general topics. Condense it a little. I'll PM you and you can use it out build off it or Ignore of whatever.

When did you come across your avatar photos and why did you pick them?

Mine has been some variation on my photomode gallery "brand" for years now, with occasional palette swaps for holidays, or the "Merry Turismas" one for that part of the year. Oh yeah, and had a countdown to GT6's release back in November/December.

Which moderator is the fastest driver in Gran Turismo ?

I raced against @w_g_e before he became a member of staff, and he was consistently fast. He was actually the first GTP'er I ever raced against online properly, which was a sort of cool coincidence. I'm not too sure about all the WRS guys - I've not got them on PSN - but I do aim for @Famine every time I do a license test or GTA trial... :D

What is your favourite racing game?

And if two questions are allowed:

What is your favourite motorsport to watch?

Crash Team Racing is underrated; the original one on PS1 was overshadowed my MarioKart 64, but is arguably a better game. For more realistic fare, I'd say FM4 has set the bar for me for modern realistic racing games.

Give me some good rally coverage and I'll stay occupied. I always try to catch some of Le Mans each year if it's possible...

Mods, if you were given the option to make another account and post on that without anyone but yourself and the other site staff knowing, would you do it?

As already answered, most have.

It would be extremely bad form to use that account as a strawman in an argument, for supporting a mod's argument (sockpuppet) or using it to incite others to circumvent any censure. In fact, Jordan would probably ban a moderator for that type of behavior. After all, each of us can tell if there's been duplicate accounts from the same places...

I've always just sort of assumed he would, yeah. It's not exactly an abuse of power, since that other account wouldn't have any, but it'd be just the sort of shady, despicable behaviour we try to discourage.

Do you guys ever feel overwhelmed with all the moderation you sometimes have to do?

Eh, not too often. The batch of us who got added to the ranks right before GT5 hit got the closest you'd get to a trial-by-fire, though; I remember what @TB said all too well; logging in and seeing the queue size, and just setting aside the next chunk of time to clear it out. I've always been the type to prefer that sort of learning process though, so it was educational at the very least. GT6's release wasn't half as bad IMO.

What was the first record/album you bought?

With my own money? Either License to Ill or Kid A...

Dogs or cats? Which do you like better?

Dogs, though I'll tolerate cats. You should never trust them, though...

How many hours have any of you mods sunk into Pole Position?

About 1/1000th of the time I've sunk into GT :lol:

I know that requesting a personal temp ban happens, I've done it myself, but are permenant bans something that users request from time to time? Or is that something which is highly uncommon?

How many hours have any of you mods sunk into Pole Position?

That's best expressed in quarters and/or tokens, since the Atari 2600 port was terrible. But I'd guess about 7-8 hours...it was the only racing game worth it's salt from 1982-84.

To be honest, I'd probably spent twice as much time on Bump 'n' Jump, which irrevocably changed my view of traffic, suspension, and bridge construction.

Back