Quick maps of Tracks

  • Thread starter Thread starter tezzell
  • 36 comments
  • 2,732 views
I agree. 100 laps on Complex String @ an conservative average of 5 minutes a lap equals 500 minutes, or 8 hours and 20 minutes. You spent over a workday racing the same track. that's as sad as the time i spent 8 hours playing RRRevolution for the PS1
 
I use complex to test my cars, and the setups for them, I wouldn't want to race it with that AI!
 
Originally posted by ving
not trying any 'one-upsmanship' or anything here but this map was snatched from www.gt3times.com

the pics are pretty good i think :)
5.jpg
Well, all the reverse tracks were wrong when I looked at them.

Whoever had made the pictures had apparently reflected all the forward maps in one axis hoping to obtain a reverse map. Well that's just plain wrong. Take a look at, e.g. Deep Forest Raceway ii, and imagine driving around it, and you will see that it is wrong. In fact, the map is rather like you are underneath the map instead of over top of it! :D

A rotation might be appropriate for a reverse map--to keep the start going in the same direction, but a single reflection is not. (rotation == two reflections)

Oh well, at this minute the test.gt3times.com server which has the pictures is down, so the maps are not showing at all
 
Mustang-man: I've done 100 laps of Complex String in a 595hp Nissan 300zx and never got bored

I dont believe you and i never will unless i see it
 
It sure would be nice to have vector files of those.
 
When i get a scanner meekeal i have four photos that have "lap 101" showing one the tv, so i can put them up.
 
Back