Quick Question about Career Mode

• Thread starter Atarwii
  • 11 comments
Haiti
Haiti
I have one question about Career Mode... can you play multiple seasons 2014,2015,2016 so forth and so on and can you change teams? I've googled and can up with nothing.

In an F1 20xx game, you play from the cars, rules and regulations from that year in any of the seasons you play though for said game. You have a total of 5 seasons to go through. You can change teams, you receive contracts during the middle of the season, based on how well you are doing. F1 2013 is the only game to offer you any team you desire straight from the top at the start of the 1st season, provided how well you do in the young drivers test.

In F1 2010 you could choose between 3, 5 and 7 season. Depending on your choice, you would get offered contracts to 3 teams (shorter number of seasons = better teams) In F1 2011 they started with the Young Drivers test, but I don't know how many season you can do. Judging by what @socomkiller59 said, it feels like it became a bit like Sony's F1 games from the PS2, in which your carrer mode lasts 5 seasons...

But it's not really 5 seasons. Sure you get a message about retiring and all that, but just hit the reset career button, I don't think of it as 5 seasons, but as many as I want to play. You can still go through the young driver's test and pick whatever team you want. Which was the main reason why I think 2013 is the best of them all.

I've never gone through more than two seasons.

F1 2013 is the only game to offer you any team you desire straight from the top at the start of the 1st season, provided how well you do in the young drivers test.

Unless I'm missing something, you can't get Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, or Red Bull at the beginning even if you meet all the YDT requirements.

I forgot about that, I wasn't sure if we were able to or not, I started out with Lotus-Renault, which I guess would be the highest team you could go for then.

I forgot about that, I wasn't sure if we were able to or not, I started out with Lotus-Renault, which I guess would be the highest team you could go for then.

In F1 2013, Lotus-Renault is the highest team you can join for the first season. In previous games, I think the highest team was Force India.
However, in the second season (providing you do well in your first) you should be able to join one of the top teams. I remember back in 2010, I started at Lotus (Caterham now), won the title and then went on to drive for McLaren. That first season I had on a real easy difficulty which I then put up once I got into McLaren.

In 2012 it was Torro Rosso I believe. Not sure about the previous two before that.
And yes, I was able to beat Grosjean in my 1st season at Lotus-Renault by only a few points, was a great season on the Expert difficulty. Gotten to grips with the game, I turned it on Legend for my 2nd and now my 3rd season of the game with Ferrari. The AI is just fantastic.

I remember back in 2010, I started at Lotus (Caterham now), won the title and then went on to drive for McLaren. That first season I had on a real easy difficulty which I then put up once I got into McLaren.

I did the same, but on Legend. I remember I won 4 races in the Lotus (Caterham). The AI in 2010 wasn't consistent across all tracks. They were stupidly easy at some races (ex. Canada), and impossibly hard on a few (ex. Silverstone). And they were also really slow in the wet. Then I went to McLaren and won every race in the season, even the really hard ones because it fortunately rained. Then I went to Ferrari for my third season, but never really played it.

In 2012 it was Torro Rosso I believe. Not sure about the previous two before that.
And yes, I was able to beat Grosjean in my 1st season at Lotus-Renault by only a few points, was a great season on the Expert difficulty. Gotten to grips with the game, I turned it on Legend for my 2nd and now my 3rd season of the game with Ferrari. The AI is just fantastic.

In 2012 you could start with Williams as the highest team (they considered Williams above Force India and Toro Rosso).

How did you get Grosjean as your teammate in the first season? I got Raikkonen, and everywhere I've read people said they got Raikkonen. This is the first time I've seen someone saying they got Grosjean.

Okay, so I have a question for an older F1 game. F1 2011....did they put midseason contact offers in game? I only just bought it recently, and I'm in my first season heading into the European GP...

Back