Quick question....

  • Thread starter Thread starter DoctorFool
  • 4 comments
  • 430 views
Messages
173
Canada
Canada
Messages
DoctorFool
I usually drift with my BMW M3 CSL but when I start from a dead stop the tires spin like HELL. I have cars with more HP/Torque that don't spin as much. I can't put TC on because im drifting, any help in getting a faster start? :S
 
Are you using a wheel or DS3? If you're using the DS3 you should be aware that the buttons are actuated and not just on/off switches. Try easing on the power rather than slamming it on for a gradual build up of revs.

Alternatively install a LSD and adjust the initial torque settings. Hope this helps.
 
Are you using a wheel or DS3? If you're using the DS3 you should be aware that the buttons are actuated and not just on/off switches. Try easing on the power rather than slamming it on for a gradual build up of revs.

Alternatively install a LSD and adjust the initial torque settings. Hope this helps.

I am using the DS3 for drifting. But I still wan't to have fast starts. Guess I will try the LSD.
 
You can still have a fast start. I requires some practice to keep the revs in just the right place so as grip is at the maximum before the traction starts to break.

When you leave the start hold the button down half way and increase until the tyres start to spin, hold it there until you can add a little more throttle with the momentum of the car through until the next gear.
 
Well to drift you should be using a locked differential anyway (full on acceleration). That will make you launch a little better, and allow for longer drifts, albeit more difficult drifts. Do what I do and shorten first gear all the way, then extend 2nd and 3rd to the maximum, then make 4th a smooth transition between 3rd and 5th. Your tires are going to spin no matter what with a drift car, just learn to ease on the throttle is probably your best course of action.
 
Back