Quickest way to make money for those who don't have access to engine swaps?

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 47 comments
Playing the game by grinding the same races over and over, something Kaz himself didn't want the game to be...
Nobody wants that, but they are incapable of making money-earning more flexible...

They did try to remedy that a bit with the Weekly Challenges, but that's about it. More of a band-aid fix.

How do you get the Mazda 787B for free? I find the Sadenga PP800 is the best for me. I get like 760k for around 30 minutes of racing. That's about 1.5 million credits for 1 hr.

Playing the game by grinding the same races over and over, something Kaz himself didn't want the game to be...
I have no choice. I want money in order to buy certain cars and upgrade them. And the only way to do that is grind. He could've avoided this if he increased the credits that are won from races and events.

I have no choice. I want money in order to buy certain cars and upgrade them. And the only way to do that is grind. He could've avoided this if he increased the credits that are won from races and events.
Nobody is blaming you, that's the result of the game economy.

Some purist will argue otherwise but you play how you want and can with the time you dispose and your current skills

I know you don't have a choice, my point is that the game is meant to not need it. It's more highlighting developer hypocrisy

Although I’ve finally reached level 50 this week, I have no real interest in the engine swapping glitch exploits way of cheesing credits. But what I’ve been doing whenever I have a few hours and a need for a cash injection are a variety of races in a variety of cars, to make it feel less grindy. Most have been mentioned, but to summarise;

The WTC 600 at Tokyo: 825k credits (about 30 min)
Circuit De La Sarthe WTC 700: 825k credits (again 30 minutes)
Sardegna WTC 800: 727k credits (25 mins)

Then there’s the WTC 800 1 hour at Spa which is theoretically 1.5mil credits. Only attempted this one a couple of times but each time lost the CRB somewhere. I’ll get it one day!

And finally I like to do the final championship too. I haven’t timed it but I’d guestimate it takes about 45 mins? Could be wrong, and a theoretical 1mil from here with full CRBs, although again I haven’t quite managed this yet.

With all that and providing you do everything perfect you’re looking at nearly 5 million for 3.5 - 4 hours. But even if you miss some of the CRBs it’s a very lucrative Saturday afternoon well spent!

Not as ‘efficient’ as the glitch exploits maybe, but I dare say a lot more challenging and fun.

Also as has been mentioned, the circuit experiences. I really have to be in the mood to do these but they are very lucrative, even if you just want to plough right through and get the bronzes you’ll get 150-300k per track in no time and really easily. It’s worth getting the golds for 1mil + though, and the permanent boost to your quick races payouts, but it can be a very frustrating time sink (in my experience, at least)

Last edited:
Not as ‘efficient’ as the glitch exploits maybe, but I dare say a lot more challenging and fun.
The main interest of glitch exploits IMO is to be able to farm credits AFK. Those "lucrative" races grinded by hand tends to become very dull when you've done them a number of times and still want/need credits. I don't have much time to play so I prefer using this time to have fun on things regardless of the credit output (which outside of a few events is very low most of the time).

CE can be a valuable source, but limited to 50M and a time sink if you are not good enough to gold them quickly. And even though, it gets you 2 and a half 20M cars only.

The main interest of glitch exploits IMO is to be able to farm credits AFK. Those "lucrative" races grinded by hand tends to become very dull when you've done them a number of times and still want/need credits. I don't have much time to play so I prefer using this time to have fun on things regardless of the credit output (which outside of a few events is very low most of the time).

I agree (almost) entirely. I’m pretty frugal in game, I tend to use cars stock so apart from tyres I don’t spend much. I have so many cars now, most of them prize cars and so many I haven’t used at all yet so I spend most of my time just picking a random car out the garage and taking it for a spin around whatever events it’s eligible to do, win or lose. Keeps me happy for a few hours whether I make tons of money from it or not. It’s quite surprising sometimes how much my credits can rack up without me really noticing actually.

Every now and then though I’ll have a look in the LCD and see something drool worthy for multi-millions on limited stock so I’ll do some or all of the above and it usually gives me enough to get it. But yeah, doing it every day to make as much money as possible as fast as possible would be pretty tiring I’m sure. Even with my method of mixing it up by using different cars every time.

Gotta say though, it would be so great if there were a lot more of those not-quite-endurance races in the game. One or two for every track. There’s no reason why there shouldn’t be, is there? How cool would that be?

Last edited:
Although I’ve finally reached level 50 this week, I have no real interest in the engine swapping glitch exploits way of cheesing credits.

Engine swaps aren’t cheesing or a glitch. They are a fun way to upgrade a car.

The current afk method doesn’t involve engine swaps.

Last edited:
The most brain-dead way is to do custom race farming on Daytona vs gimped Tomahawks. With rubber bands, you can do this afk and check in every 20-30 minutes to restart the race.

I usually do the Online Time Trials, they usually net me 1m credits every Thursday.
I am new to GT7 and the forum. I went and ran the Daytona time trial. It allowed me to rent the car but I see not reduction in my credits after I was done? I did not see anywhere to register but it did show my stats at the end and what percentage I was off from the current record. Just want to be sure my time is in the system.

I am new to GT7 and the forum. I went and ran the Daytona time trial. It allowed me to rent the car but I see not reduction in my credits after I was done? I did not see anywhere to register but it did show my stats at the end and what percentage I was off from the current record. Just want to be sure my time is in the system.
You only get the credits when the time trial is finished. The Daytona event has another eight days to run - and you'll need to be careful because the target times are dynamic: if the world record improves, the times required for gold, silver, and bronze all get lower and you might find you've slipped down.

You only get the credits when the time trial is finished. The Daytona event has another eight days to run - and you'll need to be careful because the target times are dynamic: if the world record improves, the times required for gold, silver, and bronze all get lower and you might find you've slipped down.
Thank you. So there is no charge for renting a car for the online time trials? There is nothing to fill out to register for it?

If you are still in this predicament the Jaguar XJR9, currently for sale in legends is a winning wtc800 quality motor, you can make back it's purchase price in 4 races at Sardinia and it's pretty competitive on all the 800pp races and the neo classics.

Back