Quickest way to make money for those who don't have access to engine swaps?

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 47 comments
I am currently at level 29 and don't have access to engine swaps so therefore can't make use of those quick money making methods that I've seen online. What's the 2nd best alternative to this for those of us under level 50 that don't have access to engine swaps?

Tokyo WTC 600.

A more beginner-friendly race would be the Sardegna race. I cannot say which the best car to use would be, but you have a lot of room to play with there.

Last edited:
Any downtuned Gr2 car will make really short work of Sardegna and be very easy to drive while at it. The Le Mans WTC700 is the third option, anything from a slightly downtuned Gr3 car to a seriously neutered Group C racer is again an easy win.

Any downtuned Gr2 car will make really short work of Sardegna and be very easy to drive while at it. The Le Mans WTC700 is the third option, anything from a slightly downtuned Gr3 car to a seriously neutered Group C racer is again an easy win.
You can win Le Mans too with a Gr4 car > 650pp.

Audi RS5 works a treat at Sardegna with a little fuel saving (you can go all the way with FS 6 and may be less but it's been a while).

This cars makes the investement back very quickly while being very friendly to drive. All the more with Praiano's tune.

Tokyo WTC 600.

A more beginner-friendly race would be the Sardegna race. I cannot say which the best car to use would be, but you have a lot of room to play with there.
I agree on Sardegna being far less stressful than Tokyo and easier with the cars to choose from.
Personally speaking the Corvette ZR1 and C8 both felt extremely tame, though I have a very limited pool of cars on that track to speak about.

Buying micro transactions is always the quickest way to earn Cr.
I wouldnt call exchanging real currency vs virtual currency earning it.

Last edited:
When you're making a thread you get suggestions of other threads where the topic you're making a thread about might already be discussed.

When I type "quickest money" to start the thread title I get this:

1700949185838.png

And the second one is a 24-page thread discussing this exact subject, attached to an article which gives you a guide to the quickest ways:

These are also in our FAQ, which is pinned to the top of the forum.

There's also extensive discussions threads on the "big three" races.

For the "hands-off" methods, you don't need engine swaps and Tomahawks; that's just the optimised way. It's a simple formula which basically goes:
  • Get the highest PP car you have and mess up the gearing so it can't go very fast - this is your "Tomahawk" (even if it isn't)
  • Get a crapbox you can tune to high PP.
  • Make a low PP tune for it - preferably into the 1xx range.
  • Set up the race with the AI in the hobbled "Tomahawk" and the low PP tune for you in the crapbox
  • One into the race screen, switch your car to the high PP tune
Anything works here, but you'll get less of a reward (but still worthwhile) until you've earned enough to buy the Tomahawk X (1m) and relevant engine swaps to get the higher payouts.

Last edited:
You don't need to downtune the 2008 GT500 (Gr.2) cars as they're just under 800 PP stock. One would need to manage fuel a bit to one-stop the NSX (and likely change tires), and one might need to manage fuel a lesser bit to one-stop the GT-R, but they're all so much faster than the Gr.3 cars at Sardegna, it's almost criminal.

As mentioned the easiest method without doing any engine swaps are the 2008 GT500 cars, I recommend the GT-R or Lexus as the NSX uses the tires abit too quickly for me personally and tends to get abit snappy and fishtails once the wear gets around 60%+

You don't need to downtune the 2008 GT500 (Gr.2) cars as they're just under 800 PP stock.
Well no, but if you're buying a Gr2 anyway, why not get one of the 2016 models as they're still faster even when restricted and useful for the eventual WTC900 races. Not saying the 2008 models won't work because they certainly do, just that the newer ones are even better.

Well no, but if you're buying a Gr2 anyway, why not get one of the 2016 models as they're still faster even when restricted and useful for the eventual WTC900 races. Not saying the 2008 models won't work because they certainly do, just that the newer ones are even better.
I'll give you that. I'm not that good at tuning though.

Nice idea, give them more money for zero content. OP, please listen to any other advice in this thread
OP asked for the quickest way to make money and I answered with the quickest way to make money.

Micro transactions net you up to 2M Cr. every 1-2 mins, probably less if you have your payment info saved and you’re quick with the button clicking.
What faster way is there to make money in GT7?

OP asked for the quickest way to make money and I answered with the quickest way to make money.

Micro transactions net you up to 2M Cr. every 1-2 mins, probably less if you have your payment info saved and you’re quick with the button clicking.
What faster way is there to make money in GT7?
From a literal perspective it probably is the fastest way... to get your card blocked for fraudulent purchases

The easiest picks get very boring very quickly. If you make your races a bit more challenging it's easier in the longer term.
Well...yes, but we don't know what the OP's skill level is. And he was asking about fastest money...

To just simply credit grind I have always found the easiest to be Sardegna with an R92CP tuned to 799. It's roughly 1.5mil per hour and it's very easy. You don't even have to drive hard. I know that's not the point but to grind without exploit it's the least difficult money per time spent for me. Plus I actually enjoy trying to be super super consistent. Tokyo 600 is wickedly fun as well but it's always much closer racing there. One good slip up and chances are you aren't getting much for your time. Ymmv.

If you want variety, then using the tuning glitch can get close to Sardegna/Le Mans payouts.
I use a Mazda Atenza - crippled to below 200pp, and then tuned to 580pp on another tab.
For 199.76pp: (from memory) CH/CM, Ballast 200kg at -34, close ration gearbox, and full aero with df at 100/150
For 580.04pp - every removable upgrade, and df is reduced slightly.

Against the nerfed Tomahawk, I do a variety of 5 lap races, which usually pay out 200-250,000 in less than 10 minutes. ie Interlagos paid out 245,000 and took around 9 mins.

The Mini Cooper '65 will also easily go down to sub 138pp - and so I added (maybe) all of the unremovable upgrades to bring the crippled setting to around 194pp, and the fully tuned setup to around 570pp

I used a simple tune from the tuning forum - so I'm sure that tweaks to these will make the races quicker.

I tried the VW Golf GTI, but couldn't find a way to bring the pp below to sub 200, the best I could do was 215pp

Get the Honda 272 and use that for the 700pp Le Mans race.You get 10+ laps of fuel and RH will last the whole race,no engine swap needed.

Assuming you're just starting out, work through the menu books and circuit experiences. Menu books will shower you with cars. This will boost your collector level some, boosting quick race payouts. Getting bronze on several CE's at a time will buy you some of the mid range cars like the F1500, the F-XX-K, the 787B, etc. Every time you get a better cup on any CE section, your customer race bonus goes up.
Once The Human Comedy opens, the races there are all worth 1.2 million credits each. You will run the final stretch of one of them in World Events anyway, but that awards a separate payout as many times as you care to do it.
The "Big Three" races all have a guaranteed Clean Race Bonus, but if you're good, you can earn it anywhere. Difficulty level doesn't change the payouts on these. The race that used to be among these is the 12 lap WTC600 at Tokyo East. Due to rampant cheating, the automatic Clean Race Bonus was removed along with the wall collision penalty. This race could be won legitimately with a number of cars. I've done it with an engine swapped RX-7 Spirit, a Honda RA-272, and a Lamborghini Murceilago. I did it with a few of the exploited cars, too, mostly a GT-40.
Another viable race is the Group 1 Prototype Series at Road Atlanta. 30 minutes of clean racing gets you 480,000 credits. The 787B does well here, as I imagine the R92CP and any Formula 1 would. The race allows engine swapped road cars, with which I've had zero luck here.
Some of the Spec 2 specific events also offer 300k plus with the possibility of a Clean Race Bonus.
If you do Weekly events and online time trials you're looking at 1 million a week anyway.
Yes there are faster ways to earn money, but part of this is actually playing the game.

Back