R.I.P. Ronnie James DioMusic 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 51 comments
I have always liked Ronnie James Dio.From his years with Rainbow to Black Sabbath,and up to his solo career. A true metal genius as stated by Justin.

RJD - You will always be the Man on the Silver Mountain . R.I.P

I just received the news, all we can do is celebrate his talent as a tribute to his memory. I'll miss him.

I just found out, this is just terrible. :( Dio had such a magnificent and distinct voice; he pretty much single-handedly got me interested in heavy metal music. Rest in peace Ronnie! :(👍

Rest in peace and my condolences to his family and friends.

His music is not really my taste, but I kinda grew up with it and he was a fantastic singer, it's really sad to hear that he passed away.

RIP Ronnie :(

6223.jpg

If I remember, he was admitted a couple months complaining of complications from it & was just able to make a quick recovery from it.

RIP Dio.

Part of me fears that this might be the first in a line of deaths of the true metal artists. Dio died from cancer, so it was sooner than we would expect, but with the lifestyle some of these guys led it would not surprise me to see more of the big names in metal die. And part of me fears that the music will never be the same again.

And a tribute from Tenacious D:

Music WILL never be the same, look at all the ******** they're trying to sell as "rock"
Emo kids with guitars =/= rock

Greatest singer of all time.

R.I.P. :( But apparently it was only worth half an afternoon on Yahoo's main page. Pathetic.

Really is, it didn't even pop up on Wikipedia's "In the news" section.

Seems as though the rock/metal community are the only people that truly care.

Side-Note: I got in my car just as Holy Diver was playing on the radio while leaving work. It was followed by some crappy rock song, makes you miss him even more.

Really is, it didn't even pop up on Wikipedia's "In the news" section.

Seems as though the rock/metal community are the only people that truly care.

Side-Note: I got in my car just as Holy Diver was playing on the radio while leaving work. It was followed by some crappy rock song, makes you miss him even more.

Good Metal/Rock is still around. It always will be and it will never die. Despite the fact that so many misguided people believe it died in the 90's. Lol.

Good Metal/Rock is still around. It always will be and it will never die. Despite the fact that so many misguided people believe it died in the 90's. Lol.

I know it still exists, it just doesn't have that "these guys must have been on some good 🤬" feeling that most of the older stuff has.

i had my "metalhead credentials" revoked at another forum 'cause I never heard of the guy. course, by the time I got into it, BS had dissapeared.

The problem is that it isn't mainstream any more. You have to actively seek it out. I know there is a problem when the "new rock" station is playing a lot of the same stuff I listened to in high school interspersed with Generic Bands A-Z that all sound the same.

R.I.P (Rust in Peace) Ronnie James Dio, it's your turn to rock in the sky.

Metal will come back into the mainstream I reckon, because the people who grew up in the 80's listening to this music, now they have kids, and have taught their kids and they have picked up a guitar, gotten onto drums, etc, and forming bands, my brother is a guitarist, and he can play the best from Megadeth, some Dream Theater, and more, and he's trying to start a band, already been in some, but yeah, it'll be back in a few years

R.I.P (Rust in Peace) Ronnie James Dio, it's your turn to rock in the sky.

Metal will come back into the mainstream I reckon, because the people who grew up in the 80's listening to this music, now they have kids, and have taught their kids and they have picked up a guitar, gotten onto drums, etc, and forming bands, my brother is a guitarist, and he can play the best from Megadeth, some Dream Theater, and more, and he's trying to start a band, already been in some, but yeah, it'll be back in a few years

Metal MAY come back as mainstream, but I like the way it is now. Metal isn't just about listening to the metal bands, but transversing through it. Good things come to those who dig deeper into the world of metal, until it becomes almost like a fantasy. The lack of knowledge of these metal bands in the mainstream may also be a plus, listening to music most people do not like or think about has some sort of crazy appeal to it.

Metal MAY come back as mainstream, but I like the way it is now. Metal isn't just about listening to the metal bands, but transversing through it. Good things come to those who dig deeper into the world of metal, until it becomes almost like a fantasy. The lack of knowledge of these metal bands in the mainstream may also be a plus, listening to music most people do not like or think about has some sort of crazy appeal to it.

In fact, I agree with you. I was just saying, that it might come back into the mainstream, and then we'd get more bands coming in, but I'd prefer more band where their music is intelligent and shows they have real talent, like Iron Maiden, I mean, listen to When the Wild Wind Blows (off the new album) or Blood Brothers, this is what I want to hear, but don't want randoms to hear. These days all we're hearing are millions of 3 minute explodes of screaming and fast guitar playing that isn't actually talent (what I think Death metal and Screamo is) so I agree metal back into the mainstream is not that good, but it also is, because what will we do when Judas Priest throws it in (they announced their farewell tour recently :( ) or Megadeth, and all other greats, we'll have no more metal, so metal coming back is what we need. (Don't worry, I don't know what I'm on about either)

Last edited:
Back