R390 GT1 Road Car '98

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS_1182
  • 46 comments
  • 13,007 views
Messages
1,173
Messages
user27564
This car totally caught me by surprise. Usually I'll pass on some of these exotic cars with really long body lengths, but this one just looked too sweet to pass up on. The cockpit looks like something out of a Le Mans car, and once I painted it orange and added the A-type wing, it looks like some type of a Mc Laren mock up. I only purchased the turbo upgrades for this car. Starts at 368hp and can hit 568hp with no engine upgrades, weighing 1068kg. Seems like a great balance of weight and power, and if it handles well I might be using this for many online races in the 400-500hp range. Can't wait to hit the track with this thing!



images
 
Great collector car that is, I have the race car, but I'm more interested in the road version.

Is the GT-one road version in the game by any chance?
 
Er, the thread title says "road car"? So, yeah. Also, this car handling is superb right out of the box! A slight tuning to the LSD is all that this car needs.
 
Er, the thread title says "road car"? So, yeah. Also, this car handling is superb right out of the box! A slight tuning to the LSD is all that this car needs.

Er what? Yeah I knew the title says road car...nevermind moving on.

The LSD, in my opinion, makes the biggest difference in performance gains other than weight reduction.
 
Oh my, this car is a monster. Should've kept this one a secret... :)
 
Yeah the cars a beast, i own one and its a killer. Handles GREAT, once you buy the fully adj trans its super fast for a road car.
 
More or less, it's one of the dominant cars for low hp races. I have it, worn chassis and engine with bad oil, and it's still hard to lose a race online. One of my favorites. It's cars like this that we need PP for lol.
 
No, seriously... I wish I had never opened my mouth... wtf...?! <3
 
Won the MR event with that car. I love it. :)
 
Is there a premium version of this car? I won this car I believe for completing the professional series in A-Spec, one of the car tickets, but it's a standard car. I love using it for B-Spec races.
 
Just came up in my UCD, was contemplating paying the 2.5 mill for it.
 
You guy serious? Cause I looked at it briefly and it had a 2 out front lol.
 
It's around 900,000+ for a used model, typicallly. I've seen it three times, bought it the second.

This was one of my favorites from GT4. Haven't fired it up yet, sadly.

It is sort of a sleeper. The weight and power can get it into many rooms other supercars can't. Can't wait to work on mine.
 
Er what? Yeah I knew the title says road car...nevermind moving on.

Yeah, we Americans don't take kindly to no reading comprehension. *ptooey* Where was I... ah yes, I've not seen the GT-One road car since... GT2? Sadly, it wasn't on the GT5 car list.
 
It was in GT3. Why they didn't bring that (and the GT40 road car) when they brought back that disgusting looking Diablo is beyond me, though.
 
Yeah, we Americans don't take kindly to no reading comprehension. *ptooey* Where was I... ah yes, I've not seen the GT-One road car since... GT2? Sadly, it wasn't on the GT5 car list.

I had it in GT4
 
Unless you consider the Black GT-One as a Road Car (No racing decals), there wasn't one.

Back on topic, The Road R390 has been an exceptional drifting car for me. Keeping the power at around the mid 400's, it's a very stable in drifts around Tsukuba circuit. Though, if you're really in the mood, with Comfort Hard tires, it's capable of drifting around the massive banks on Daytona Superspeedway. :lol:
 
I had it in GT4

But how? Multiple car lists for GT4 say it only had the GT-One race car. One in its red and white livery, and a second in all black. Did I miss a meeting?
 
Without engine mods this car qualifies for the intermediate Tarmac rally, it's quite funny to see two drivers jammed into that tiny cockpit
 
what, cockpit? but its standard, what you talking about?
 
does it have cockpit or not, someone please answer yes or no. thank lol
 
Back