R8 Destroyed by a Cheated Wife

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 65 comments
I'm not sure why she just couldn't file for divorce and get half of the assets she's legally entitled to (assuming there isn't a prenup). Taking the immature route isn't exactly going to help her position in divorce court.

Step 1: File for divorce
Step 2: Take the car in her half of the assets
Step 3: Sell said car
Step 4: Profit

You guys honestly think it's OK to vandalism someone's property if they cheat? Yes, the dude is an ass for cheating, but the women actually committed a crime when she vandalized the car. Just because your relationship goes south doesn't excuse you from breaking the law.
That's not my issue with the post in question. The woman is by no means excused for her actions, but TomBrady's original post made out that she had committed a heinous crime and her husband was an innocent.

That's not my issue with the post in question. The woman is by no means excused for her actions, but TomBrady's original post made out that she had committed a heinous crime and her husband was an innocent.

Heinous? No, but she did commit a crime and he husband was innocent when it came to the vandalism. Cheating, while a d-bag move, isn't illegal (at least not in America, where this looks like it took place*).

Anytime an adult handles a situation like this, it makes them appear unstable, which I'm guessing is what the women in question was. Flip it around the other way and if the man had done this to the women's car, I'd say the same thing.

*Actually I stand corrected, it looks like it's illegal in 21 states as a misdemeanor. In that case, if the husband in question lives in one of those states he should face the punishment by law. However, the wife committed felony vandalism.

I can't actually believe anyone thinks damaging property of any kind is a legitimate response to cheating, especially when there's a legal way to dissolve a marriage that's relatively easy. What's the old saying? Two wrongs don't make a right.
That's not the point I'm making. What I'm saying is I find something like an affair a much more horrible thing to do, not that either of them should be done.

Is it actually illegal to have sex with someone else while you're married?

I don't think it is here.

Anyway, things like this makes me not want to (legally) share my belongings with others. Who knows what the future will bring.

Anyway, if someone destroyed a car that was owned by both parties, wouldn't this lost value be deducted from that party's share in the divorce settlement? I mean if I own an item worth a million dollars with someone else, then they ruin it to the point where it's only worth 500k and then we divorce, didn't the other person destroy their part of that 1 million dollar item? They shouldn't get 250k of the remaining 500k value, right?

I don't see why it has to be illegal to be wrong.
I'm not saying it isn't wrong. I'm saying you can't punish people for something that isn't illegal.

Although, civilians aren't really allowed to punish people for things that are illegal either, so it's kind of a moot point.

I'm not saying it isn't wrong. I'm saying you can't punish people for something that isn't illegal. That's vigilantism, which also isn't legal.
I don't think the wife should have damaged his car. Two wrongs indeed don't make a right.

I see this as nothing but vandalism committed by an enraged person. Even if you're the co-owner of the item, you should still be held accountable for the value you destroyed.

It's kind of like no matter what a person says or shouts to you on the street, it'll always be your fault if you start a fight with them.

I see this as nothing but vandalism committed by an enraged person. Even if you're the co-owner of the item, you should still be held accountable for the value you destroyed.

It's kind of like no matter what a person says or shouts to you on the street, it'll always be your fault if you start a fight with them.
She is held accountable. The value of the assets to be divided up in the divorce is reduced by the value of the car. Of course no one is going to say it's ok to tear up and destroy the car it's not, but it's a far more heinous act to destroy a marriage by being unfaithful to your partner. Cars are just money, money is replaceable. Trust, integrity, honesty, faithfulness...those things are priceless, and once lost, often impossible to regain.

I'm pretty sure that the police might give her a GTA 5-ish warning like this:

GTA 5
Bad Sport! You destroyed your husband's Personal Vehicle! Behave yourself or... wait... never mind.

:lol:

Is it actually illegal to have sex with someone else while you're married?

It's not a criminal offense, but it's a civil offense, and is a breach of the civil contract between husband and wife, forming grounds of divorce.

Depending on the nature of the divorce, the act of adultery can bias the division of assets during the proceedings.

the woman actually committed a crime when she vandalized the car.

I would say: "it depends"... but apparently, in many states, it is a crime.

In the end, she only hurt herself, and the husband may be able to recover the full cost of the car in the divorce proceedings.

-

Criminal or not, I still have no sympathy for the man. Or the car.

Okay, maybe the car was innocent, but in the end, it's still just a car.

I propose that this thread be renamed from "R8 Destroyed by Cheated Wife" to "Unfaithful Husband Gets What He Deserves (And Has Nobody To Blame But Himself)".

Then three wrongs?

A wrong against an object is simply a wrong against an object. I fully agree... the woman will have to pay for the damages, one way or another... and that's likely to come out of the settlement.

It's just that I can't get terribly bothered by it. Now if she wrecked someone else's car... now that'd be worth throwing her in jail for.

He could quite easily have become the new John Wayne Bobbitt. The R8 pales in comparison...

I hope he loved that car. Cherished it. Constantly polishing it and even giving it a name. He should also stump up for the repair bill himself. He earned it.

Been married 22 years this year. For some of us, vows mean something.

Anybody that cheats should be weary of the consequences, regardless of what car he drives. :lol:

Emotions are powerful things, they should not be toyed with.

The car is a marital asset anyway, so no crime was committed. He got off lightly I think... some wives have done far worse things in response to adultery. The question is, was she pre-menstrual when she did this? If the answer is "no", well who's a lucky boy?

Yeah, he was lucky to not have his genitals mutilated in his sleep.

But hey, if someone cheated hard enough, I'm sure you can find people saying they deserved that too.

The actions of both persons was wrong, however, the husband cheating is a far more severe action than the woman vandalizing the car. That is all I have to say.

The car is a marital asset anyway, so no crime was committed. He got off lightly I think... some wives have done far worse things in response to adultery. The question is, was she pre-menstrual when she did this? If the answer is "no", well who's a lucky boy?

Not quite... it depends on what kind of marriage (contract) they have and if the car was bought before or after they where married... And Im really liking the way the moderating staff is so promptly passing judgement in favor of an obviously aggressive maniac... condemning the actions of a total stranger when the only real evidence we have is a car recked by the wife...

What can I say? It doesn't really matter how much of a d-bag the man was, the woman acted so immaturely and irrationally that there's no way I'm taking her side on this. From a viewpoint purely devoid of emotion, cheating is not a crime, but intentionally destroying property, such as a fine car, certainly is, so I'm hoping for some sweet justice biting her back for this. :)

For many spouses, cheating is an incredibly devastating blow, emotionally.

One could argue she wasn't in her right mind when she did this... and they'd possibly be right. He could charge her in a criminal court, but a temporary insanity plea isn't beyond reason.

-

You wouldn't know it if you have never been cheated upon, or if you didn't come from a broken home, but it's an incredibly vicious blow to a spouse. I know people who've had nervous breakdowns and have needed therapy because of stuff like this. Murders have been committed due to adultery. And suicides.

This doesn't excuse murder. Or vandalism. But it's likely the woman had no control over her actions, at that point.

And, again... conjugal property. I am completely against destroying another person's car. But, in the end, the man can and probably will get the value of the car back in the divorce, so he's not missing all that much.

-

So when I say no sympathy, I mean absolutely no sympathy. Sorry. Can't keep it in your pants? Don't get married. Or at least have the decency to get a divorce.

What can I say? It doesn't really matter how much of a d-bag the man was, the woman acted so immaturely and irrationally that there's no way I'm taking her side on this. From a viewpoint purely devoid of emotion, cheating is not a crime, but intentionally destroying property, such as a fine car, certainly is, so I'm hoping for some sweet justice biting her back for this. :)
Devoid of emotion? If it were a story about cheating robots your post would be relevant:lol: In the world of emotions in which we actually live, cheating on someone is a far greater "crime" than wrecking a car that is also mine by marriage but which I share with my partner. Ask the wife, "would you rather a stranger stole your car and wrecked it or have your husband cheat on you?". I can guarantee you what the answer would be in 100/100 cases.

Wow. I can see you two are real 'modern' men. What chance have women got in this world. As the father of a lovely little girl I really hope she never meets men like you.

And I hope I never meet a women crazy enough to think that petty relationship issues can warrant the destruction of a fine expensive automobile. It can go both ways.

And I hope I never meet a women crazy enough to think that petty relationship issues can warrant the destruction of a fine expensive automobile. It can go both ways.
And I think if you read my post again you will you see that I made no comment about the woman.

Back