Race 07 Discussion

United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
No Race 07 discussion here so I thought I would be nice enough to start one.

I'll start off with a question. What is the "Video Device Error, Race 07 will close" error caused by?

I don’t know what the error is caused by. Never had it.

Come to think of it I haven’t booted up Race07 is more than a year. Need to see how it holds up with more modern sims. It was my favorite sim before. Soo many laps around the ring. Also loved the fact that you can import all the GTR/GTL cars in it with MODs.

I don’t know what the error is caused by. Never had it.

Come to think of it I haven’t booted up Race07 is more than a year. Need to see how it holds up with more modern sims. It was my favorite sim before. Soo many laps around the ring. Also loved the fact that you can import all the GTR/GTL cars in it with MODs.
I love RACE 07. I loved the F1 car, sounds just like it should

Haven't long got the steam version's i am sure they had Ferrari and Porsche, unless its a different game i am thinking of. lost them many moons ago

Haven't long got the steam version's i am sure they had Ferrari and Porsche, unless its a different game i am thinking of. lost them many moons ago
GTR2 has some Porsche and Ferrari models, Race 07 doesn't.

Well I found my MODs backups. I have the GRT2 and GTL cars MODs for Race07. I’m not sure if I should upload them and post links on a public forum like this. Don’t wanna cause any drama. So if you still want them PM me and please give me a file sharing site that you can use.

Decided to DL mods and recreate racing series. Got 2008 FIA GT, 2011 GT1, 1998 BTCC, 1995 SATCC and 2013 DTM (Which looks absolutely awful)

There hasn't been a post in a while so I thought I would post this crash compilation I made.

It's called Crash 07 and has a few crashes. Sorry for the watermark.

Anyone got mod recommendations? Most mods seem to be Super Touring Cars, I'd like to see more historic sports and saloon car mods. Much more up my street. But 1998 BTCC makes up for it at the moment :D

Anyone got mod recommendations? Most mods seem to be Super Touring Cars, I'd like to see more historic sports and saloon car mods. Much more up my street. But 1998 BTCC makes up for it at the moment :D
There's a GT Legends mod for Race 07/Evo. Only applicable if you don't have GT Legends anyway of course :)

2011 FIA GT1, 2008 FIA GT, 1998 Super Touring Seasons. That's all I use ATM but don't use mods often. Race isn't that big on the mods it seems compared to GTR2 or rFactor. Or even GTL.

Just bought GT Legends, its only a fiver on Steam 👍 Going to download some Leyland cars for it now :lol:

Will look at these 👍

Cheers lads, given me something else to procrastinate with :lol:
For GTL I highly recommend the Goodwood track and the Mazda RX-7 mod. The Skyline GT-R and Datsun 240Z are also terrific mods as well.

I have the GTR and 240Z mods and they are indeed cool :D Seeing as you're into old tracks, Crystal Palace and Aintree are good 👍
May as well use old tracks since it's based around racing classic cars. I prefer the RX-7 to the Datsun's but Goodwood is my favourite track. Haven't tried many other mod tracks. I like the old Fuji track, especially the NASCAR layout with that huge curve. Favourite car I've driven so far is the Gr.5 Turbo Lancia Stratos.

The 'Career Mode' style cup thing is really fun. I didn't realise the cars were based on existing historic racers. I know Harry Windham and it was a surprise to see his E-Type in a game!

The 'Career Mode' style cup thing is really fun. I didn't realise the cars were based on existing historic racers. I know Harry Windham and it was a surprise to see his E-Type in a game!
The cars are based off a modern series where classic cars race. It's called the FIA GTC. Like the game there are 3 classes. TC-65, GTC-65 and GTC-76.

I have just bought RACE07 with the 2 STCC expansions for €7,-. I played the demo this morning and I found it really great. My machine can run this game and at seems there is a huge amount of value in this game. Looking forward to running the Super Tourers :D

My first time ever with Steam and oh boy have they set it up nicely. Great and satifying experience so far 👍

I have just bought RACE07 with the 2 STCC expansions for €7,-. I played the demo this morning and I found it really great. My machine can run this game and at seems there is a huge amount of value in this game. Looking forward to running the Super Tourers :D
I recommend getting the rest of the DLC, there's GT racers, F1, Classic racers and the insane WTCC Extremes.
1184_wtcc-extreme-1.jpg

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the recommandations but I'll stick to what I have bought and the mods. I am a "touring" guy and I am not interested in GT and F1.

I will load up the Super Touring Mod , Create a few Championships and get on with racing :D

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the recommandations but I'll stick to what I have bought and the mods. I am a "touring" guy and I am not interested in GT and F1.

I will load up the Super Touring Mod , Create a few Championships and get on with racing :D
At least look for the WTCC Extreme DLC. Crazy fast WTCC cars upgraded so that they now do the same sort of lap times as a GT1 machine!

Amazing this BTCC mod. Downloaded the game and spend 3 hours racing, browsing, photographing. Time flew! One of my best buys and I see myself spending quite some time with it. It's an absolute joy to play :bowdown:

Last edited:
Back