Race 07 Discussion

Loaded the 2014 BTCC mod. Unfortunately it's wildy based on the 2014. Liveries are all there but cars differ.

I would like to see a TC2000 mod but the only one I could find is an old one. Hopefully some at driving italia could make something like that :)

Some stuff from 95 and 98 ....

Last edited:
Anyone interested in running a small Hotlap Competition with the old super tourers?
That'd be fun, when? Haven't got Super Tourers yet (just reinstalled Race 07 and it's DLC). Been running mostly WTCC 2010 at Laguna Seca. Such fun!

A few screenshots from my races:

I was in one of the #11 BMW 320's for the first 2 and was in the #4 Z4 GT3 for the last few
C0E010E73AC5802D3BAB2A6B46F19FB2702478E3

4F87065F22A2CA72E0EC38E3E58CD8D1BF48B04A

FEFBEC3B9E85891E20DADAE23DE0BF6D00F55974

A330925CE294B3381755A31A4ACC7E834D2F45BD

BFE84602FB9C667527E758B77B9155005AA7A092

D68E97BB74D94DEDF553C9B08E0FB7026E880E4B

71D6BA270C0F8DABC9181DA8CDF04EBC4F991CA2

7E7F3CEA6B960D5BF7F32D3B6D60B2A7E905FBC0

91056C4363426A59E567105A156B0D2150B6EF43

19C62C09CB1A51C5E801A1DAB7559E4A0DFFB00F

CFE65DEE815FCAF581024C369F754D768315C9C1

Also, according to Steam I've put 37 hours into Race 07.

Last edited:
That'd be fun, when? Haven't got Super Tourers yet (just reinstalled Race 07 and it's DLC). Been running mostly WTCC 2010 at Laguna Seca. Such fun!

If there are a few members that are interested we could see if we run through Steam or through GTP. I think we can upload are ghosts but I have to figure it out.

I think we could be running within a short time.

If there are a few members that are interested we could see if we run through Steam or through GTP. I think we can upload are ghosts but I have to figure it out.

I think we could be running within a short time.
A simple screenshot of our time would be a nice way to do it. I would also record my lap using Bandicam. What track would we be running for it if it were to happen?

I'll make a thread with the mods needed etc etc. It will be a category TT. I like to see that people race what they prefer from those era's. Cars should be leveled out already. It's what I understood from the mods.

I'll make a thread with the mods needed etc etc. It will be a category TT. I like to see that people race what they prefer from those era's. Cars should be leveled out already. It's what I understood from the mods.
I'd like to know how to get downloaded skins to work and / or show up on AI's...

EDIT: Where to find extra WTCC Extreme skins?

Also a BTCC 2015 skin set is coming soon... ;)

What an awesome game. I did put the AI to 95 % and I had to fight a lot to keep gaining places and more important, keeping my current place. Finished 15th from the 24 and I started from the back. Racing is really very addictive :crazy:

Last edited:
What an awesome game. I did put the AI to 95 % and I had to fight a lot to keep gaining places and more important, keeping my current place. Finished 15th from the 24 and I started from the back. Racing is really very addictive :crazy:

I have it at 90% and starting in first I barely get away on most tracks. Some modded tracks it's like racing GT6's AI :lol:

I mostly run at 90% as well as it gives me a little chance of winning sometimes :odd:. With the AI set to 95 it is currently impossible for me to win. Haven't had any issues with the AI for the moment and the custom tracks I ran (Albi2006, Bugatti and some Brazilian track) went also fine 👍.

I mostly run at 90% as well as it gives me a little chance of winning sometimes :odd:. With the AI set to 95 it is currently impossible for me to win. Haven't had any issues with the AI for the moment and the custom tracks I ran (Albi2006, Bugatti and some Brazilian track) went also fine 👍.
On High Speed Ring they drive like GT's AI. Funny considering HSR is a GT track...

Reinstalled yesterday and was shocked how bad it looks compared to how I remember it. But I think I had lots of mods for it back then. Maybe that altered looks. I love(ed) that game but it's dated now for sure. There is no going back after Project Cars. Not for long anyway.

F
Reinstalled yesterday and was shocked how bad it looks compared to how I remember it. But I think I had lots of mods for it back then. Maybe that altered looks. I love(ed) that game but it's dated now for sure. There is no going back after Project Cars. Not for long anyway.
Well, it is almost 10 years old by now.

Well, it is almost 10 years old by now
True. Still drives well though and my light punching pc can handle it too :D

I'm getting more ambitious mind you. I want to be running Shift 2 after my next upgrade

Great car and track list and with some physics mods I hear it drives very well

True. Still drives well though and my light punching pc can handle it too :D

I'm getting more ambitious mind you. I want to be running Shift 2 after my next upgrade

Great car and track list and with some physics mods I hear it drives very well
One thing I don't like is that if you go into a small slide there's no way I've worked out of saving it, but I can on GTR2.

Does anyone else feel Race07 is slightly less realistic than GTR2? I got into PC simracing last year and have been playing mostly rFactor and GTR2, and just recently I got Race Injection (Race07 + all its expansion packs). I know they are all based on the ISImotor physics engine, but rF and GTR2 at least feels somewhat equal. The cars in Race07 feels a lot more stable it's harder to lose control (I compared GT cars on Anderstorp to be consistent). The sounds aren't as good as GTR2 too. And the Formula Raceroom is very weird to drive compared to the BMW Sauber in rF. It's a shame because Race has heaps of cars and tracks, but I find that I enjoy the driving in GTR and rF more.

I haven't tried Raceroom yet, but I hope it's closer to GTR2 than Race07.

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel Race07 is slightly less realistic than GTR2? I got into PC simracing last year and have been playing mostly rFactor and GTR2, and just recently I got Race Injection (Race07 + all its expansion packs). I know they are all based on the ISImotor physics engine, but rF and GTR2 at least feels somewhat equal. The cars in Race07 feels a lot more stable it's harder to lose control (I compared GT cars on Anderstorp to be consistent). The sounds aren't as good as GTR2 too. And the Formula Raceroom is very weird to drive compared to the BMW Sauber in rF. It's a shame because Race has heaps of cars and tracks, but I find that I enjoy the driving in GTR and rF more.

I haven't tried Raceroom yet, but I hope it's closer to GTR2 than Race07
Yes, Race07 is very grippy compared to GTR2. Raceroom seems to me to be the same

I prefer GTR2 and I actually end up spinning more in Race than i do in GTR, but maybe it's the way I drive.

Does anyone else feel Race07 is slightly less realistic than GTR2?

I dunno, I tried the GTREvo!Saleen S7-R and it basically drives like my GTR2!Saleen S7-R. *shrugging intensifies*

Yes, Race07 is very grippy compared to GTR2. Raceroom seems to me to be the same

That's a shame. If it ain't broke don't change it Simbin :banghead: Guess I'll choose AC and rF2 for my next gen sims then.

I prefer GTR2 and I actually end up spinning more in Race than i do in GTR, but maybe it's the way I drive.

I get the feeling that the physics and FFB is a lot more detailed in GTR2. You can always sense what the 4 corners of the car are doing and the suspension movements are more "free" so you can feel weight transfer better. So yes, in a sense even though Race is grippier, you'll be more likely to make mistakes because the car isn't communicating as well.

I dunno, I tried the GTREvo!Saleen S7-R and it basically drives like my GTR2!Saleen S7-R. *shrugging intensifies*

Well that's interesting. Everyone has their own driving style I suppose. I can feel something is off in Race within 2-3 corners. It was so different that I immediately quit and checked to see if I had enabled any aids (I haven't).

Back