Race Driver Grid

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 683 comments
A rerelease? Seems abit outlandish considering the age of the game and seeing as people can easily just install the DLC, unless there is a significant difference in gameplay I'm not aware of.

Perhaps a Greatest Hits version similar to what other games do? I wouldn't mind since I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet.

(I know both Burnout Paradise and MCLA both did a similar thing)

Perhaps a Greatest Hits version similar to what other games do? I wouldn't mind since I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet.

(I know both Burnout Paradise and MCLA both did a similar thing)

I didn't think of that before, guess that is feasible since sometimes you have special editions that feature additional content. I guess hearing "rerelease" was what left me puzzled.

I saw this in the PSN store yesterday and I am very tempted, I bought the 8 Ball Pack and was left a little undecided I guess, but this pack looks to have some far more interesting cars and a whole new track. I'll probably get it when I can afford it. 👍

Bathurst! It has been so long since I've driven this amazing track on TOCA on the PS1. I'll definitely get this DLC 👍.

On a side note, is this DLC for EU only? I checked the US store and it's not there :confused:.

Last edited:
On a side note, is this DLC for EU only? I checked the US store and it's not there :confused:.

Me too, no luck on my end finding it.

Edit: Maybe we don't get the DLC content until March 11th, the same date which Grid is rereleased with both DLC packs on it.

Last edited:
I think the whole pack is far to expensive, Grid has never had enough major differences between cars to warrant such a high price for new cars in my opinion. Most of the cars don't have any unique characteristic so all I'd be paying for is an extra track, which I probably wouldn't drive very much anyway.

I'm still not convinced on this pack. I like some of the cars that are in this pack, but both Ferrari's were first thought to be in the game from the start! The F430 GTc was in the first trailer for the game for crying out loud! But, the main issue with this and the 8-Ball pack is the fact that this pack isn't for use in the GRiD World mode. This is a crushing blow to me, as I'm currently on his 4th run of the game, (Mind you I'm racing as Luca Badoer and with the team Euro Minardi). You would expect CM to include some of the cars in the GRiD World mode. GT2 was a joke in single player as the only event outside the LMS GT2 class was exclusive to the Spyker and you couldn't even buy the Porsche 911 GT3-RSR. But, If CM see the error in their ways, and the pack gets released on Xbox 360, I will buy it no doubt.

Won't come to Xbox360 because Microsoft holds an exclusive Ferrari license there and Codemasters would have to to license from them which they wouldn't or couldn't do.

I don't think Microsoft has an exclusive Ferrari license.
They have.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/330/397373.page
Dear Doug,

Electronic Arts developed a DLC for Need For Speed Shift including 10 cars from Ferrari, thanks to a sub-license with Microsoft, holder of the exclusive Ferrari content on Xbox360 and Xbox Live. Electronic Arts does not have a license with Ferrari and can therefore not develop Ferrari 3D cars for PC, Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii or DS, or other platforms, mobile platforms included.

Regards,
Ferrari.com Staff

Just picked this up. Pretty fun...and apparently there's still one final DLC pack scheduled for it. I don't have the first two....yet, but it is interesting that there will be another DLC so long after the game's initial release.

Just picked this up. Pretty fun...and apparently there's still one final DLC pack scheduled for it. I don't have the first two....yet, but it is interesting that there will be another DLC so long after the game's initial release.

I heard that too, I guess this means it's going to be a while before the second installment of GRID, it'll be interesting to see what they give us in this final DLC.👍

Don't bother with the 8-Ball pack, it's just not worth the price they charge even if it does have the Mclaren F1 GTR. However, I highly recommend the Prestige Pack, the only problem with that is nobody uses it online. :indiff:

8-Ball pack has the McLaren, TVR Speed 12 and a Volvo. Those are at least worth it. The Prestige has the Fat Lady (the Veryon) and a couple Lambos.

I would assume that the next pack will have the winner of the "Design a track" contest that occurred before the game was released. I would guess the the new McLaren would be in it and I don't know what else. You have to remember that the companies have to like seeing their vehicles mutilated. So, don't expect Ferrari to appear.

Also, Grid 2 is already in development and sounds like it should be out around the same time as Dirt 2 or a little bit after.

8-Ball pack has the McLaren, TVR Speed 12 and a Volvo. Those are at least worth it.

Trust me..they're not. The Volvo may well be an awesome car in real life, but in the game it's significantly slower than the Lacetti & BMW and understeers like an absolute pig. The Speed 12 is pretty much the opposite, it'll bite your face off at every occasion.

The Prestige has the Fat Lady (the Veryon) and a couple Lambos.

...and Bathurst and the Ferrari F430 GTC, 575 GTC, Jaaaaaag XKR GT3, DC5 Integra, SLR 722, Lotus 2-Eleven and Mazda Furai. Loads of awesome cars.

At the end of the day it's your money and your decision, if i'd had the opportunity to try the 8 Ball pack beforehand I wouldn't have bought it, it's just not worth the stupid amount they charge. Though the Prestige pack isn't particularly cheap either. :indiff:

You have to remember that the companies have to like seeing their vehicles mutilated. So, don't expect Ferrari to appear

Note two of the Prestige DLC cars listed above...

Last edited:
Don't bother with the 8-Ball pack, it's just not worth the price they charge even if it does have the Mclaren F1 GTR. However, I highly recommend the Prestige Pack, the only problem with that is nobody uses it online. :indiff:

Do they even have it? :lol:

Trust me..they're not. The Volvo may well be an awesome car in real life, but in the game it's significantly slower than the Lacetti & BMW and understeers like an absolute pig. The Speed 12 is pretty much the opposite, it'll bite your face off at every occasion.

Is it just me or does this car on every game its featured in wants to bite your head off?:scared:

At the end of the day it's your money[/FONT]

Use it when you need it :D

JGWlogo.png

And Supershoulden, where did you find this information about a new DLC coming for Grid and Grid 2? There hasn't been anything regarding the game at all after the simitanious release of the prestige DLC and rerelease of the game.

Last edited:
First, the 8 Ball back isn't all that bad. It does have the Firebird, VW Nardo, McLaren, and a few others. Yes, the Speed 12 is unruly, but I have yet to play a game that has it where it wasn't. It was even hard to handle in GT4. But the VW is one of the faster cars in the game. In real life, it actually holds 7 24 Hour records at the Nardo Ring, hence why it's called the "Nardo".

Second, the info for the sequel I got from here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100301&page=34&highlight=GRID

I'll have to do digging to find the info on the third DLC stuff.

But I think it was supposed to entitled V8 Supercars. Which implies the cars from the series and other V8s

But, I now have two gripes about this game:

1. There are NO female drivers. At least none that you can have as a teammate. It's weird 'cause there are a couple guys with female names. I would like to see some women in the roster for Grid 2.

2. The Viper is VERY underpowered. It SHOULD be able to blow away the other muscle cars, since it's a supercar, but it can't. It's Codemasters took out the V10 and put in a V8.

So it seems that codemasters has pulled the plug on GRID's online multiplayer, which is a real shame. I really think they made the wrong decision, considering that they haven't released a replacement for GRID yet.

I was just getting back into it aswell :(.

Just got this game. To bad there's no online anymore but I'm still loving it.
Loving the Saleen S7R and the GT1 Corvette's

Yo, Can anyone find the DLC page on PSN, i Cant. Got the game back after a few years but cant try the dlc......

Yo, Can anyone find the DLC page on PSN, i Cant. Got the game back after a few years but cant try the dlc......

I did recently download it maybe a month ago. I think I went to codes from the shop and entered it from the game packaging and it worked.

There's no page for the pack but the code worked.

Back