Race Driver Grid

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 683 comments
whats your favorite car in grid? and whats your favorite track?

favorite car: Saleen S7R Twin-Turbo
Favorite track: La sarthe 1968, the one with no chicanes in the big starit road:tup:

my english is a mess:scared:

Cheers:tup:

The thing I dislike about Grid is 1) the wheel support + cockpit view just doesn't work naturally, I don't know what it is but the car just doesn't feel normal.

2) The way that if I turn the driving aids off I can watch the exact same car in single player drive round the same corner at the same speed, but I will spear off wide and they get through fine.

whats your favorite car in grid? and whats your favorite track?

favorite car: Saleen S7R Twin-Turbo
Favorite track: La sarthe 1968, the one with no chicanes in the big starit road:tup:

my english is a mess:scared:

Cheers:tup:

The big straight's name is "Hunaudiéres" (I believe british call it "Mulsanne straight" also).

I didn't know Grid features the 1968 version of La Sarthe.

And your english isn't a (total) mess :D but you need to remember to capitalize the first letters in each sentence. :)

Thanks for the corrections Hun ;)
Why don't you try grid, it's arcade driving but with lots of cars and tracks, it has Spa, i know you love that track...
Well, you decide...

See you

Hi guys, i've been trying the G25 in Grid, very tricky and hard to drive, does anyone has one definition of the wheel, not to heavy, and not tricky?
If anyone does, can you tell me?
I really want to learn how to drive Grid with the wheel...

See You

try using 360degrees or less. hold the steering wheel higher on the rim than you usually would. like at 10 2 instead of 9 3. or maybe even higher to help deal with the sensitive steering. I use the porsche wheel, so I'm not sure about ffb strength for the g25 with GRID.

to be honest, imo GRID is best played with a controller rather than a wheel. but if you want to persist with the wheel...

i have the deadzone set to 0, saturation at 100 and linearity at 5

those settings are for the driving force ex, which is a 200 degree wheel at most and it seems about as good as it gets

can you lock the G25 at 200 degrees?

as i said though, i reckon GRID is better with the pad :)

Thanks everyone, i agree with you RacerPaul... i drive faster with pad, it's a lot easier but i like to drive with the wheel, it's more funny...
One more thing, what's new in the aditional content? How many cars and how many and what tracks?

See you and thanks one more time.

Hi guys, i've been trying the G25 in Grid, very tricky and hard to drive, does anyone has one definition of the wheel, not to heavy, and not tricky?
If anyone does, can you tell me?
I really want to learn how to drive Grid with the wheel...

See You

I have this a few pages back but here it again. Yes, you need to change the default setting to get the best out of the game. I'm running G25 as well and here's the setting that I find work the best:

I think I've come up with a pretty good setup for GRID for those using the G25. I'm able to win "Savage" Mode races without problem and it handles the DBR9 pretty successfully. You don't get the kind of FFB games/simulator like GT5P provides and I wasn't expecting it.

FF Setting (In order)

(I like really strong FFB effect)

Deadzone- 0

Steering Saturation- 20-25% (Ilke mine best at 25%)

Linearity- 0-1 (I prefer 1)

Accelerator Pedal Deadzone- 10%

Accelerator Pedal Saturation- 85%

Brake Pedall Deadzone- 15%

Brake Pedal Saturation- 85%

900%- ON

I usually keep the ABS On but turn off the TCS (although I do find that I'm using it more lately) and ASM. With this setting, I find GRID actually surpass GT4 when it comes to FFB implementation and even the physics (well, allmost). In fact, I find the handling to be quite good, much better than when I first played the game. I don't know of the recent patch fix the handling but I'm really starting to enjoy GRID (again).

There are some issues like when you raise the gear the wheel starts shaking, something i never saw in racing games in my life, and i can't dive anything but LMP1 with the wheel beucause the wheel is instable, when the car is drifting, and you are trying to control it, the cars starts spining, i can't drive BMW 320si for that, one corner one spin, but all the rest is fine...
Thanks everybody for the help.

I agree with RacerPaul that Grid is better played with a controller. It's an arcade racing game and personally I hate using wheels for arcade racing games.

And just to let people know that the second, of three, Grid DLC content packs is coming very soon, so keep your eyes out. It's been in development for quite a while now. Once the third one is out, I would be prepared for Codemasters to announce Grid 2 or something simular, but I would expect it after the likes of Dirt 2, F1 09, and F1 10.

And just to let people know that the second, of three, Grid DLC content packs is coming very soon, so keep your eyes out. It's been in development for quite a while now. Once the third one is out, I would be prepared for Codemasters to announce Grid 2 or something simular, but I would expect it after the likes of Dirt 2, F1 09, and F1 10.

What will this patch have? I purchased the 8-Ball Content and haven't seen (or heard) anything about a new patch so I definately am curious to know.

Last edited:
Well you can expect something, obviously, but the details haven't been announced. But seeing as they have spent so much time I reckon it's a track pack, or a mix of both cars and tracks.

Well you can expect something, obviously, but the details haven't been announced. But seeing as they have spent so much time I reckon it's a track pack, or a mix of both cars and tracks.

They were saying something awhile back about a V8 Supercars pack, so this could be it.

It seems to me that there is ignorance towards the fan starving for more. The 8-Ball pack left me hungry more than anything because it didn't add anything unless your play online A LOT, which i dont. Because of this, I made videos highlighting what i would want in a DLC.

In Short; its a biggie (Like the big surf island update for Burnout Paradise, 1 gig maybe).
In Long; it updates the game to the year of 2008.

Great videos!!! That pretty much highlights all the things that need to be improved in GRID, and then some..... Great Job 👍
no if only Codemasters took your advice......💡

Good job. What was the intro song on the first one?

It is Gold Lion by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Link!

Oh yea, anyone who has a account at the Codemasters Forum, could you show of my videos at the GRID forum, hopefully it will get the attention of CM easier then at a forum for Gran Turismo mostly.

Last edited:
Any idea when the second and third DLCs are supposed to be released? Is it likely before the end of this year? Also, can the cars in the "8 Ball Pack" only be used online? I'm not going to get it if that's so, since I don't play GRID online that much.

For drifting and compatibility with the G25, is there a good amount of feed-back and are you actually spinning the wheel lock to lock? Does the clutch work in Grid for ps3? And does the h-pattern shifter work as well?

I have Grid for the xbox360, but the 360 wheel is garbage (never bought it). If the ps3 version works well (as well as a semi-sim/arcade) racer does i will get it as i love the cars/courses for drifting. Actually now that i think about it, i will download the demo when i get home and try it out. But appreciate anyones input as the final game may have more options as the demo.

-Robert :)👍

The cars are pretty cool too.... The TVR speed 12 is FAST too :crazy:
But it would have been nice to also get a new track in the download.... but i did read on wikipedia (of all places) that the next DLC will contain a new track: Mount Panorama/Bathurst circuit in Australia! A really cool track!
we can only hope.... :scared:

I played Grid last night on my PS3 but the framerate was absolutely dire. It was down to single digits even when there were no cars on screen and it was just scenery and track. I'm playing it on a Sharp Aquos 32" 720p LCD TV. Is it my TV or is it the game? I found it unplayable at times.

Well, who would have expected new downloadable content for a 3 year old game.

Grid's new prestige pack includes 10 new cars:

Ferrari F430
Bugatti Veyron
Ferrari F550 Maranello
Mercedes McLaren SLR 722
Lotus 2-Eleven
Lamborghini Gallardo GT
Mazda Furai
Jaguar XKR GT3
Honda Integra Type-R (DC5)
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

And the Australian Bathurst Mount Panorama track for 9,99 euro or £7.99

I must say that that seems pretty expensive but other racing games aren't above offering new cars for 2 euro a piece, so in that respect.

The cars are really fun to drive. I play Grid with a Driving Force GT on the PS3 with some tweaked settings. I haven't tried them all properly but so far the Ferrari F430 is my favourite. All cars have nice cockpit views and Grid still is one of the best racers on the PS3 for a real sense of speed. It's frame rate puts NFS Shift to shame and the damage model is unrivaled. The textures do start to look a bit dated though. The new track is fun with some fast sections and some technically challenging corners. There are also substantial differences in elevation in the track.

There will be a new rerelease of Grid containing both this DLC and the 8-ball pack. The track and cars can be used for offline races and online races. You can use the cars on the original tracks as well. Unfortunately you cannot select the new cars in the career mode. It's about a 300MB download.

Well, who would have expected new downloadable content for a 3 year old game.

Grid's new prestige pack includes 10 new cars:

Ferrari F430
Bugatti Veyron
Ferrari F550 Maranello
Mercedes McLaren SLR 722
Lotus 2-Eleven
Lamborghini Gallardo GT
Mazda Furai
Jaguar XKR GT3
Honda Integra Type-R (DC5)
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

And the Australian Bathurst Mount Panorama track for 9,99 euro or £7.99

I must say that that seems pretty expensive but other racing games aren't above offering new cars for 2 euro a piece, so in that respect.

Nice, thanks for the heads up 👍 is it available now or is it coming soon?

There will be a new rerelease of Grid containing both this DLC and the 8-ball pack. The track and cars can be used for offline races and online races. You can use the cars on the original tracks as well. Unfortunately you cannot select the new cars in the career mode. It's about a 300MB download.

A rerelease? Seems abit outlandish considering the age of the game and seeing as people can easily just install the DLC, unless there is a significant difference in gameplay I'm not aware of.

Back