[RACE] - ENDED GTPlanet Fantasy Draft Stock Car Racing Championship

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 662 comments
Heads Up @Jahgee1124 , one Alan Kulwicki #79 coming at you.View attachment 280416
Just so you know, the contigs overlap your number a little
lOFu9L5.png

@nascarfan1400 @NW48 @DurWinning @Gerarghini @Niku Driver HC @samurai8juice @Doodle @DCybertron @AJHG1000 @swiftsmith @Harsk100 @raven214 @quietgirl @BKGlover @The Bman

You can pick
one driver to compete in the 1st group test for this series. This test will consist of 3 90 minute sessions, one at Irwindale, one at Atlanta and one at Talladega. The driver in 1st place at the end of each session will earn his team 5 points to upgrade each pit crew with (So you get 10 upgrade points, but you can only spend 5 on each). The overall winner (Highest average finish in the test) earns his team 10 points to upgrade each pit crew with (So you get 20 upgrade points, but you can only spend 10 on each). If a team wins every test, they will get the 15 for winning each one, the 10 for the overall crown, and I'll throw in an extra 25 (So that means you get 50 upgrade points, each pit crew can get 25 upgrades). Your picks must be in by midnight eastern December 30th (So 68.5 hours from now if my math is correct)

Please pick here, not in the conversation. Make sure you tag me when you make your selection.

Hard decision. Ayrton and Button both need time on Oval's but I'm unsure who to go with, then there's Jimmie but I think he'll be fine. Mmmmm... I'll go with Ayrton Senna for my choice.

@Jahgee1124

Tough pick, I could send either Barbosa or Monteiro to see which one will run one of the cars on the oval part of the schedule, because I trust Kannan with running a good pace. On the other hand, I also want to see how Tony runs compared to other oval drivers... Fine, Tony Kannan it is, make it happen.

@Jahgee1124

@Jahgee1124 Darrell Waltrip will run the group test session.

My other two drivers will cry and eat soup in a dungeon.

Last edited:
Team Manufacturer: Audi
Team Numbers: 60, 61
Team Drivers:
2003 Robby Gordon NASCAR Sprint Cup
2012 Ryan Hunter-Reay Indycar
2013 Sage Karam Indy Lights

Who's Painting Your Cars: myself

Robby Gordon will test

Last edited:
Is there anyone against me running a full 100% race and posting the results here? The race would be meaningless, but it would be interesting to see how the race plays out.

Is there anyone against me running a full 100% race and posting the results here? The race would be meaningless, but it would be interesting to see how the race plays out.

Can't see why the heck not, we do need to see if there any flaws that might need fixing. A practice race could help with that.

Can't see why the heck not, we do need to see if there any flaws that might need fixing. A practice race could help with that.
Also, it would be good for me to see if the way I've rated the cars affects the racing too majorly compared to how other ratings calculators rate the regular NASCAR drivers (Which is what I used to see which tracks produce good enough racing for the series)

Also, it would be good for me to see if the way I've rated the cars affects the racing too majorly compared to how other ratings calculators rate the regular NASCAR drivers (Which is what I used to see which tracks produce good enough racing for the series)

That too, we also need to see if the field is properly balanced and such.

That too, we also need to see if the field is properly balanced and such.
To be honest, I'm not concerned with balance, since I've left open the ability to change drivers once the season starts. I feel like this test will show everyone what they need to compete for a championship, and the kind of moves they'll need to make once trading and free agency open up. I don't see any owner competing for the championship keeping their starting lineup by the time the season ends.

To be honest, I'm not concerned with balance, since I've left open the ability to change drivers once the season starts. I feel like this test will show everyone what they need to compete for a championship, and the kind of moves they'll need to make once trading and free agency open up.

Damm, guess I need to read all the rules regarding that whole "trading drivers" thing... Hopefully it'll become clearer after some races as to how this works.

Damm, guess I need to read all the rules regarding that whole "trading drivers" thing... Hopefully it'll become clearer after some races as to how this works.
If both you and another owner agree too, there is no restriction on trading drivers. As for straight up releasing a driver, there is a 24 hour waiver period after the driver is released where you can claim a driver, with your place in the standings used to determine who gets the driver if more than one person claims them. At the end of this period, the driver is free to be signed.

If both you and another owner agree too, there is no restriction on trading drivers. As for straight up releasing a driver, there is a 24 hour waiver period after the driver is released where you can claim a driver, with your place in the standings used to determine who gets the driver if more than one person claims them. At the end of this period, the driver is free to be signed.

Uh-uh. So, if I got this right, after releasing a driver, everybody can aim for him\her, and there is more than one person then the people around my position in the championship get the first dibs. Am I correct?

Back